• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

gowings9

owen nolan

Rate this topic

Does anyone know the current status of Nolan in Toronto? I know he was having some contract issues but is he going to play there or get traded?? I know he has had some serious injuries but he is a gritty player.

Nolan is no longer a concern of the Leafs. There is a contract dispute regarding an injury he had and whether it was hockey related.

The Leafs did file buyout paprework during the six day window, so even fi Nolan's grievance is upheld, he will be bought out and the Leafs will not take the cap hit.

So no, Nolan will not be playing for the Leafs or traded by them.

I am surprised no team has signed him, as the Leafs filing paperwork ensured his free agency.

Nolan is no longer a concern of the Leafs. There is a contract dispute regarding an injury he had and whether it was hockey related.

The Leafs did file buyout paprework during the six day window, so even fi Nolan's grievance is upheld, he will be bought out and the Leafs will not take the cap hit.

So no, Nolan will not be playing for the Leafs or traded by them.

I am surprised no team has signed him, as the Leafs filing paperwork ensured his free agency.

I'm a bit surprised too. He's getting up there in age and he's not too reliable given his injury history, but if he can stay healthy then he could produce some nice numbers still and give us a legitimate power forward.

I doubt that he would be asking for much (if anything) over the minimum, so if we have the cap space available then I wouldn't be too upset if Holland decided to take a chance on him. At the same time, I don't care if we don't get him either.

Hey if we can get Nolan here for under $1mm, I'm all for it. But I have a feeling he'd rather play for peanuts with San Jose then Detroit

His best moments were in SJ, especially while representing them in the All Star Game and calling his shot thumbup.gif