• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

Sens gearing up to deal?

Rate this topic

This is my beef with Holland, he can't think "out of the box". Before signing Woolley, maybe he could've worked the phones and saw if there was anything available, even if there wasn't, why Woolley? And what was the hurry? Heaven forbid Holland makes a trade that's not a deadline deal for draftpicks...and speaking of those, how many of those have panned out besides Chelios?

Do you know he didn't work the phones? I didn't realize you were part of the management team... wow, in that case have I got a list of suggestions for you!

*sniff*sniff* Do you smell the sarcasm???

As for Woolley, he's done pretty good in Red. Sure, I would've loved to see us sign a 6'9" 300 pound physical defenseman with a penchant for the net who would also be willing to sign for 450K. But guess what, there aint any.

As for draftpick deals... seems to me that Schneider fellow's done OK... Norris finalist & all that...

As for draftpick deals... seems to me that Schneider fellow's done OK... Norris finalist & all that...

Technically, he wasn't a finalist, but he did indeed have a very good season. He was, IMO, easily the Wings second best d-man in '03-'04, and I've seen a couple analysts/sports writers even suggest that he was in fact the Wings best defenceman last season. Don't forget about Lang either, he was acquired in a draftpick deal, and managed to lead the Wings in playoff scoring and has certainly looked like Detroit's best centre so far this season.

Although, I am on the side of Barnes and Seth when they say we should've waited before signing Woolley. Defence depth was not a problem when Holland inked Jason, and even if it had been, I really don't think this defence corps needs any more d-men capable of puck movement. What we obviously need is a big, bruising defenceman, and Kenny passed up on everyone he could've sunk his claws into since the lockout ended. Instead he decided on taking Andreas Lilja, who although soft, was supposed to be a great defensive defenceman. Yeah, he's looked spectacular. dry.gif

Oh yes great low post positioning on that sedin goal, yes very nice, stay at home. Lebda looked good, but how could kenny pass up on and edler d-man that nobody else offered a contract to, i mean c'mon, c'mon shelly, c'mon!!

Do you know he didn't work the phones?  I didn't realize you were part of the management team... wow, in that case have I got a list of suggestions for you!

*sniff*sniff*  Do you smell the sarcasm???

As for Woolley, he's done pretty good in Red.  Sure, I would've loved to see us sign a 6'9" 300 pound physical defenseman with a penchant for the net who would also be willing to sign for 450K.  But guess what, there aint any.

Because we could've done alot better than Woolley, Holland Homer....besides, Woolley looked great last night -2 and getting out worked in front of the net and in the corners...great pickup. As for Schneider, playing with Lidstrom makes alot of people look good, Schneider is good but do you really think if LA wasn't desperate to shed payroll that Holland would've acquired him? The days of playing vulture and picking up players off of dead teams payrolls are done....let's see if he can replicate a Schneider move on an even playing field...doubt he can, but he'll always have his apologists like yourself to explain away his Krupp, Whitney, Cujo signings, right?

Edited by Barnes52

You're really gonna have to start not making as much sense as you are Barnes, I sortof liked being in my shell.

Heaton why do you choose to be a snob?

Heaton why do you choose to be a snob?

Man, that flew right over your head didn't it? At least Barnes got it, nice try Seth.

Notice the " wink.gif " in response to what I said? I was giving Barnes a compliment, in a round about way.

Seriously dude, you need to stop looking for things to "get" me with.

Edited by Heaton

Heaven forbid Holland makes a trade that's not a deadline deal for draftpicks...and speaking of those, how many of those have panned out besides Chelios?

Lang's looked good so far I'd say. Probably the reason why we made it past Nashville last season.