• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
norrisnick

Hudler is on fire!

Rate this topic

Do you really think it wise to trade him based on size, i understand if he's streaky, injury prone etc. but the young talent is thin and yet to prove itself. If he maintains his play consistency it would would be foolish and at this stage you'll just give him away for nothing.

Wow. I recall reading that every new level he gets to... whether it was juniors, international play or whatever he was always forecasted to suffer because of his lack of size and speed and yet he has continued to dominate every level he is at. It's the same reason he was taken so low in the draft and now he is proving he can dominate at the AHL level.

I love it, I hope he keeps proving himself next year in the NHL.

Hat trick tonight. 5 games, 9 goals, 4 assists, for 13 points. Obscene.

peace

How sick are those stats. How long can he keep this up? I heard one media member saying that Hudler could be one of the most talented members of his "Draft" class, but his size would keep him out of the NHL. Well, with the new rules, and if they keep calling the games the way they are... maybe he can fill in a Kariya or St. Louis type role.

How sick are those stats. How long can he keep this up? I heard one media member saying that Hudler could be one of the most talented members of his "Draft" class, but his size would keep him out of the NHL. Well, with the new rules, and if they keep calling the games the way they are... maybe he can fill in a Kariya or St. Louis type role.

Well, that would be the second thing that held him back on draft day. He's not what you'd call a speed demon. He's not even remotely as quick as either Kariya or St. Louis. Though hopefully his hockey sense/instincts, which has gotten him this far, can get him into a productive NHL career.

peace

Well, that would be the second thing that held him back on draft day. He's not what you'd call a speed demon. He's not even remotely as quick as either Kariya or St. Louis. Though hopefully his hockey sense/instincts, which has gotten him this far, can get him into a productive NHL career.

peace

He is faster than Datsyuk, who led the Wings in scoring last season.

Hudler is definitely not a speedster. During the faster skater competition during the AHL all star game in Grand Rapids, Nate Robinson blew his doors off, then reinjured his groin. Jiri's not exactly slow either and is a decent skater. His nose for the net and ice-vision could allow him to survive in the NHL. Though if he does get caught along the boards by a lumbering goon... well, I just hope they make body bags in petite sizes.

Does anyone think Babcock's comments about Hudler in the preseason helped motivate him to play like a maniac? Basically he told him (and the press) pretty plays are nice, but not if they score goals. It seemed to me Babcock was being honest, not harsh and with constructive critisicsm. If you ask me, Jiri is answering the challange and that is great to see.

I belive Babcock did motivate him(I posted a thread on this). He was playing poorly in TC and pre-season; then Babcock had a little chat with him and that night he scored his first goal. Ever since he's been lighting the lamp.

I belive Babcock did motivate him(I posted a thread on this). He was playing poorly in TC and pre-season; then Babcock had a little chat with him and that night he scored his first goal. Ever since he's been lighting the lamp.