• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
WesternWing

Osgood schedule to be in net For Rampage Game

Rate this topic

Any chance he'll be playing the game against the Aeros in Houston on Friday? I'm going to that one.

I'd say almost guaranteed since they want him to play 2 games and bring him to Detroit over the weekend. Provided the two games go well.

peace

I'd say almost guaranteed since they want him to play 2 games and bring him to Detroit over the weekend. Provided the two games go well.

peace

Yeah, makes sense that if they're going to have Ozzie down in Texas to play San Antonio, they'd have him play in Houston as well.

That means I have to pack my Osgood jersey for the trip smile.gif

The Aeros website is expecting Ozzie to start tonight. I'm excited. It should be a great game and a good crowd with the World Series not starting until Saturday. The Aeros are off to a fast start too, which is pretty surprising since 5 or 6 regulars stuck with the Wild this year.

The top 3 scorers in the league will going at it tonight. Hudler, Erick Westrum and Kirby Law. This will be a good test for Ozzie.

"The Aeros are home at Toyota Center tonight for the first time in two weeks, taking on the Grand Rapids Griffins in a matchup of the top two teams in the Western Conference. Three-time NHL All-Star and two-time Stanley Cup champion Chris Osgood is scheduled to start in net for the Griffins."

The Aeros website is expecting Ozzie to start tonight. I'm excited. It should be a great game and a good crowd with the World Series not starting until Saturday. The Aeros are off to a fast start too, which is pretty surprising since 5 or 6 regulars stuck with the Wild this year.

The top 3 scorers in the league will going at it tonight. Hudler, Erick Westrum and Kirby Law. This will be a good test for Ozzie.

"The Aeros are home at Toyota Center tonight for the first time in two weeks, taking on the Grand Rapids Griffins in a matchup of the top two teams in the Western Conference. Three-time NHL All-Star and two-time Stanley Cup champion Chris Osgood is scheduled to start in net for the Griffins."

You going to be at the game tonight?

I'll be there, wearing an Osgood jersey smile.gif

I think I saw you...or one of the 25 other Osgood jerseys in the building tonight. LOL. Big time Red Wing presence at Toyota Center. Unfortunately, not much to cheer about for the Griffins. Ozzie got burned early and often. But hey, thats why he's here... to work the rust off. I got to my seat just as the game started, set my beer down and bam! the Russian kid Volashenko had already scored his first of four goals. (he's 19) The whole game was a penalty fest and the Aeros scored on several of them. Hudler was a lot of fun to watch though and picked up a goal. Since the Wings don't have a home game scheduled for Christmas week, this will be as close to a Red Wing experience as I get this year. I had fun.

I think I saw you...or one of the 25 other Osgood jerseys in the building tonight. LOL. Big time Red Wing presence at Toyota Center. Unfortunately, not much to cheer about for the Griffins. Ozzie got burned early and often. But hey, thats why he's here... to work the rust off. I got to my seat just as the game started, set my beer down and bam! the Russian kid Volashenko had already scored his first of four goals. (he's 19) The whole game was a penalty fest and the Aeros scored on several of them. Hudler was a lot of fun to watch though and picked up a goal. Since the Wings don't have a home game scheduled for Christmas week, this will be as close to a Red Wing experience as I get this year. I had fun.

I know...there were way more Osgood jerseys in the crowd than I thought there would. I had one, then two guys a couple rows in front of me each had one. After the first goal, we all said to each other, "well, gotta figure Ozzie will give up a long one." What section were you in, I was in 117.

First time I had been to an Aeros game, I was pretty impressed. Not a huge crowd, but they were loud and rowdy.

And yeah, Hudler was fun to watch.

I know...there were way more Osgood jerseys in the crowd than I thought there would. I had one, then two guys a couple rows in front of me each had one. After the first goal, we all said to each other, "well, gotta figure Ozzie will give up a long one." What section were you in, I was in 117.

First time I had been to an Aeros game, I was pretty impressed. Not a huge crowd, but they were loud and rowdy.

And yeah, Hudler was fun to watch.

I had my friends corporate seats in section 121, about 15 rows back of the Aeros bench. He's a Texan and doesn't know hockey from curling, so I get some nice seats from him. But you can pretty much sit anywhere you want in that big arena. But you are right about the crowd, it was only about 6,000 but they really were into it. I can remember in the past the crowd would only get excited when the fights would start. I'm guessing the place is almost empty tonight though with the Astros game on right now.

By the way I'm a State grad and forgot to mention yesterday that I love your Drew icon, but after todays fiasco I won't say anything more. Blown out by Northwestern for crying out loud. I'm disgusted.

Osgood let in the first shot of the game but then made the next 35 saves in a 3-1 win over Omaha Saturday. I wasn't at the game, but I hear he made some huge saves in the third period. He joined the Wings in Columbus after the game and will be on the bench for Monday's game against the Blue Jackets.