• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

if you were kenny

Rate this topic

okay it's the trade deadline and you need to move a wing. Who would you trade and for what? I personally would trade dats if he hasn't lived up to that huge contract . I'd trade him and our second pick to washington for witt( a defensive defencemen,...imagine that) and there first round pick.

Witt is a journeyman -- you are writing Datsyuk off after seven games?

If I were Holland I'd do nothing because I can't right now -- no bucks no Buck Rogers.

Witt is hardly a journeyman. He's a solid defensive defenseman, stuck on a poor team.

Witt? Delmore? With any luck Kronwall will be our trade deadline acquisition. I'd look up front to see if anything would need to be added. Maybe flip a low pick for a decent heavy (read a guy that can play a regular shift without embarassing himself) from a non-playoff team.

peace

If Fischer keeps playing like this, we have three Norris-caliber defensemen and a solid corps after that.

Up front, I'd have to agree with the acquisition of a guy with size and skill.

Dats, Lang, Zata, Yzerman, Williams, Shanahan, Holmstrom, Franzen, Draper, Maltby, Samuelsson (if he can keep even 20% of this pace up) all get to stick around.

Schneider, Lidstrom, Fischer, Kronwall don't go anywhere.

Legace and Osgood will be the tandem going into the playoffs.

This leaves Cleary, Mowers, Lilja, Chelios, Rivers, Woolley as the expendables on the roster. Chelios won't be dealt because the best we could get would be like an 8th pick, and he's still better than Rivers and Lilja, who would be the guys getting his ice time.

With Kronwall back from injury, we have 13F/8D/2G. Lilja so far has been a disappointment and Woolley has played pretty well. I think it will come down to Lilja or Rivers plus Cleary or Mowers to pick up a solid forward.

Perhaps something like Rivers/Lilja plus Cleary to Boston for Brad Isbister? Upgrade offensively and physically and drop the journeyman defenseman? Cap number would be higher if it were Rivers, almost no increase if Lilja is the one dealt.

If I'm Kenny and the deadline comes around and my team is sitting in 3 or 4th in the league, I do the following. Shipped Schneider to a team in need of a offensive D man, me thinks possibly a playoff bubble team such as Boston, Canadiens, Penguins, or Panthers. Out of all of em I would deal with any team for a power 2 forward prospects and a late round pick.

If I'm Kenny and the deadline comes around and my team is sitting in 3 or 4th in the league, I do the following. Shipped Schneider to a team in need of a offensive D man, me thinks possibly a playoff bubble team such as Boston, Canadiens, Penguins, or Panthers. Out of all of em I would deal with any team for a power 2 forward prospects and a late round pick.

Yes, if we're one of the top teams in the league, let's trade one of our best defensemen for picks.

Sound plan.

And I'm sure Pittsburgh, with Gonchar and Tarnstrom already on the roster, would be willing to give up such a wonderful return for Schneider.

None of those teams are looking to add a veteran such as Schneider. Which means that any value we get would be maybe a third round pick...why would we go for that when an all-around defenseman with great offensive ability would be a much better asset to the team, especially sitting in 3rd or 4th place??

Guest youssp9

I would trade zetterberg for delmore in a second tongue.gif. jk jk. But seriously I would go after a winger for mowers and a pick. Possiblbly Langenbrunner or Afinogenov.

I would trade zetterberg for delmore in a second tongue.gif.  jk jk. But seriously I would go after a winger for mowers and a pick. Possiblbly Langenbrunner or Afinogenov.

Yeah, I've wanted Langenbrunner for a little while now; he's got speed and is pretty clutch in the playoffs. But I'm not sure that Mowers has any trade value at all. Hard-working guys with no skill typically come a dime-a-dozen.

I'd also love Afinogenov, too, despite the fact that he's a bit of a defensive liability, he is a very skilled winger with a lot of potential. The Sabres might have Maxim in their future plans for the club, however, so it would certainly take more than just Mowers and a pick to get him out of Buffalo.

I would trade zetterberg for delmore in a second tongue.gif. jk jk. But seriously I would go after a winger for mowers and a pick. Possiblbly Langenbrunner or Afinogenov.

Wait. Back up. How would you get Delmore back, wait, I'm also e-mailing Kenny, Zets for Delomore, O'Kay got it. What about asking for a draft pick also? He's working it, c'mon c'mon. Damn, need size, where's Kutznetzov! biggrin.gif

If it is trade deadline I bring up Hudler and release Cleary. Then I sign Matt Johnson as insurance for our skill guys. When the playoffs start Johnson sits.

I don't think I'd want to pluck Hudler out of the AHL unless he was guaranteed a spot on the top two lines. It wouldn't be good for Jiri's development to be playing fourth-line minutes in the NHL instead of getting all the ice time he wants in GR. And as of right now, I believe we have enough under-sized, shifty forwards in the lineup.

Yes, if we're one of the top teams in the league, let's trade one of our best defensemen for picks.

Sound plan.

And I'm sure Pittsburgh, with Gonchar and Tarnstrom already on the roster, would be willing to give up such a wonderful return for Schneider.

None of those teams are looking to add a veteran such as Schneider. Which means that any value we get would be maybe a third round pick...why would we go for that when an all-around defenseman with great offensive ability would be a much better asset to the team, especially sitting in 3rd or 4th place??

bite me, don't like it don't read it.

Sound plan.

How do you know if you like it, before reading it? unsure.gif

I don't think I'd want to pluck Hudler out of the AHL unless he was guaranteed a spot on the top two lines. It wouldn't be good for Jiri's development to be playing fourth-line minutes in the NHL instead of getting all the ice time he wants in GR. And as of right now, I believe we have enough under-sized, shifty forwards in the lineup.

If he is ready for the NHL you don't protect his development by leaving him in a league where he is head and shoulders above it. If he is still tearing it up in a month his promotion won't take long to happen. Besides our top two lines will be pretty tired with all those minutes they've been getting.

to clarify since some of you are jumping on me without reading my post (big surprise) IF and only IF dats isn't producing not now,..in march....i'm talking if the man has 15 goals and where paying him 4 million i think he should be gone.

to clarify since some of you are jumping on me without reading my post (big surprise) IF and only IF dats isn't producing not now,..in march....i'm talking if the man has 15 goals and where paying him 4 million i think he should be gone.

Thats why I posted a second time -- caught myself speedreading. If Dats is stinking it up in Feb. you may look to lose him but that second year on his contract makes it a bit sticky. I still think he'll produce. I hope you didn't think I was jumping on you. bouncecolors.gif

Sound plan.

How do you know if you like it, before reading it? unsure.gif

your not helpin me out much here Barnes.....

Mowers and a pick for Langenbrunner or Afinogenov? Do you think NJ or Buffalo would make that deal?

Or how 'bout you Eva: Rivers?Lilja and Cleary for Isbister. Lilja and Cleary were both players any team could have had? Why would Boston deal Isbister for them now?

People have to realize, you trade from your strengths to address weaknesses. So that means, in order to get some size up front, Detroit would have to trade one of their small skilled players (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler, etc.) or an offensive D-Man like Schneider or Kronwall. No one's going to give players away to Holland at the deadline in the new NHL.

Witt is a journeyman -- you are writing Datsyuk off after seven games?

If I were Holland I'd do nothing because I can't right now -- no bucks no Buck Rogers.

i researched it last nite,..brendan witt has only played for the caps. I don't know what your idea of a journyman is but that's not it.

Mowers and a pick for Langenbrunner or Afinogenov? Do you think NJ or Buffalo would make that deal?

Or how 'bout you Eva: Rivers?Lilja and Cleary for Isbister. Lilja and Cleary were both players any team could have had? Why would Boston deal Isbister for them now?

People have to realize, you trade from your strengths to address weaknesses. So that means, in order to get some size up front, Detroit would have to trade one of their small skilled players (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler, etc.) or an offensive D-Man like Schneider or Kronwall. No one's going to give players away to Holland at the deadline in the new NHL.

Exactly, my point. Holland doesn't have the luxury of picking teams off at the deadline because everyone is in the same boat (ie salary cap). I hope things stay merry and rosy, because if something goes south, I'm not confident Holland could pull a trade off. If I were Kenny, I'd try and trade Mowers and Rivers for Laraque or someone like him (Oliwa?) imagine a fourth line with Oliwa/Cleary/Franzen...talk about a "grind line" scared.gif

Edited by Barnes52