nah your good smile.gif

"All hockey players are bi-lingual. We speak English and Profanity" Gordie Howe

#22 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 05:21 AM

QUOTE (RyanBarnes! @ October 19, 2005 - 12:46PM)
QUOTE (Seth @ October 19, 2005 - 07:36AM)
QUOTE (eva unit zero @ October 18, 2005 - 06:45PM)
Yes, if we're one of the top teams in the league, let's trade one of our best defensemen for picks.

Sound plan.

And I'm sure Pittsburgh, with Gonchar and Tarnstrom already on the roster, would be willing to give up such a wonderful return for Schneider.

None of those teams are looking to add a veteran such as Schneider. Which means that any value we get would be maybe a third round pick...why would we go for that when an all-around defenseman with great offensive ability would be a much better asset to the team, especially sitting in 3rd or 4th place??

bite me, don't like it don't read it.

How do you know if you like it, before reading it? unsure.gif

your not helpin me out much here Barnes.....
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#23 rick zombo

rick zombo

Grit

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,487 posts

Posted 21 October 2005 - 11:16 AM

Mowers and a pick for Langenbrunner or Afinogenov? Do you think NJ or Buffalo would make that deal?

Or how 'bout you Eva: Rivers?Lilja and Cleary for Isbister. Lilja and Cleary were both players any team could have had? Why would Boston deal Isbister for them now?

People have to realize, you trade from your strengths to address weaknesses. So that means, in order to get some size up front, Detroit would have to trade one of their small skilled players (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler, etc.) or an offensive D-Man like Schneider or Kronwall. No one's going to give players away to Holland at the deadline in the new NHL.
"In Detroit, every day is a good day to win"

#24 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:37 PM

QUOTE (fightfan24 @ October 18, 2005 - 01:04PM)
Witt is a journeyman -- you are writing Datsyuk off after seven games?

If I were Holland I'd do nothing because I can't right now -- no bucks no Buck Rogers.

i researched it last nite,..brendan witt has only played for the caps. I don't know what your idea of a journyman is but that's not it.

#25 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 24 October 2005 - 04:48 PM

QUOTE (rick zombo @ October 21, 2005 - 12:16PM)
Mowers and a pick for Langenbrunner or Afinogenov? Do you think NJ or Buffalo would make that deal?

Or how 'bout you Eva: Rivers?Lilja and Cleary for Isbister. Lilja and Cleary were both players any team could have had? Why would Boston deal Isbister for them now?

People have to realize, you trade from your strengths to address weaknesses. So that means, in order to get some size up front, Detroit would have to trade one of their small skilled players (Datsyuk, Zetterberg, Hudler, etc.) or an offensive D-Man like Schneider or Kronwall. No one's going to give players away to Holland at the deadline in the new NHL.

Exactly, my point. Holland doesn't have the luxury of picking teams off at the deadline because everyone is in the same boat (ie salary cap). I hope things stay merry and rosy, because if something goes south, I'm not confident Holland could pull a trade off. If I were Kenny, I'd try and trade Mowers and Rivers for Laraque or someone like him (Oliwa?) imagine a fourth line with Oliwa/Cleary/Franzen...talk about a "grind line" scared.gif

Edited by Barnes52, 24 October 2005 - 11:29 PM.

#26 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 26 October 2005 - 12:48 PM

they would never take it in 6 million years but i wonder if mario is stupid enough to trade crosby for williams, macdonald, and hudler.