• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

SENS TO DUMP HAVLAT?

Rate this topic

21 OCTOBER 2005.

SENS TO DUMP HAVLAT?

HOCKEY CENTRAL (SPORTSNET): Commentators Bill Watters and Nick Kypreos both weighed in last night on Ottawa Senators forward Martin Havlat's suspension for kicking Boston Bruins defenceman Hal Gill, suggesting the club management and coaching staff may be getting tired of Havlat's antics and immaturity. Both believed Havlat isn't a "Bryan Murray-type player" and that Havlat could be shopped soon after his suspension is over.

Spector's Note: For all his talent, Havlat has been garnering a reputation for dirty play, one that was only enhanced by his recent suspension. I haven't seen anything yet in the Ottawa media suggesting Havlat's days are numbered but this might be worth keeping an eye on. It's quite possible, however, that this could be baseless speculation by Watters and Kypreos.

*cough*Datsyuk*cough*

Though I highly doubt they're going to ship him off. He may be chippy but he's one hell of a talented player. Cheap too.

peace

I don't see Datsyuk ever being traded.

*cough*Datsyuk*cough*

Though I highly doubt they're going to ship him off.  He may be chippy but he's one hell of a talented player.  Cheap too.

peace

I don't see Datsyuk ever being traded.

I know, but Havlat's one of the guys out there I'd move him for.

peace

Keeping him on the team is a huge significant part of their success. If they were to get rid of him, Sens could get less success as a team. He produces in so many ways.. He's not the player you'd want to just "dump."

If this is legit, Ottawa is dumb.