• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukownzU13

Griffins Playing Very Well

Rate this topic

"A pair of 21-year-olds led the Griffins to a record-tying start on Friday against Iowa. Jiri Hudler's three points and Jimmy Howard's 39 saves gave Grand Rapids a 6-2 win and a 6-2 record."

Looks like Howard and Hudler(12 Goals in 8 games) are playing well and the Griffins improved to 6-2, 1st in their division. Looks like a good future for the Wings.

Looks like Hudler grabs three assists tonight, to extend his hot streak. Quincey was the second star of the game with two goals and an assist. Kudos to him for stepping up in Lebda's absence.

But the Griffs lose in a shootout.

Yeah, Kopecky is becoming REALLY annoying isn't he?

He has all the physical talents and skills that you could ask for, but it's like he's deliberately going out of his way to not become a good hockey player. I don't know how much more we or anyone else can do for him. It really is up to him now to prove that he wants to become a quality player, and so far it seems that he is doing whatever possible to prove that he doesn't want that.

Yeah, Kopecky is becoming REALLY annoying isn't he?

He has all the physical talents and skills that you could ask for, but it's like he's deliberately going out of his way to not become a good hockey player. I don't know how much more we or anyone else can do for him. It really is up to him now to prove that he wants to become a quality player, and so far it seems that he is doing whatever possible to prove that he doesn't want that.

Whats the story on kopecky???

Seems like everyone is fed up with him for some reason?

According to HF: 'Kopecky has great size, power and skills. He is the only prospect who could translate into a future scoring power forward as the Wings lack these type of players in their system.'

That's why everyone is fed up with him, because he has loads of potential yet he doesn't deliver.

According to HF: 'Kopecky has great size, power and skills. He is the only prospect who could translate into a future scoring power forward as the Wings lack these type of players in their system.'

That's why everyone is fed up with him, because he has loads of potential yet he doesn't deliver.

I don't know how many more opportunities Kopecky will get with the Red Wings organization at this point.

I don't know how many more opportunities Kopecky will get with the Red Wings organization at this point.

Kopecky has 3-1-4 and +3 in 9 games, and he's getting third line ice time.

Valtteri Filppula in those same 9 games has 3-2-5 on the second line, and is a -1.

Hudler has just gone nuts with scoring, and he's taken Manlow and McDonell with him.

Hudler 9-12-21 +8/Manlow 4-8-12 +6/McDonell 1-10-11 +5

Kopecky has 3-1-4 and +3 in 9 games, and he's getting third line ice time.

Valtteri Filppula in those same 9 games has 3-2-5 on the second line, and is a -1.

Hudler has just gone nuts with scoring, and he's taken Manlow and McDonell with him.

Hudler 9-12-21 +8/Manlow 4-8-12 +6/McDonell 1-10-11 +5

We may not have a great deal of forward power and size amongst our prospects, but at least we have plenty of scoring talent.

Tomas Kopecky scored 2 goals tonight, takes his season total to 5 goals, 1 assist in 10 games. Maybe he's starting to turn the corner? Despite the fact the stat is basically useless, he has a rating of +5.

Jiri Hudler continues his streak as he had 2 assists. He has now registered a point in 10 straight games. Valtteri Filppula got an assists tonight, and has 6 points for the season.

Tomas Kopecky scored 2 goals tonight, takes his season total to 5 goals, 1 assist in 10 games. Maybe he's starting to turn the corner?

I sure hope so.

Back when we were discussing which two of Kopecky/Booter/Robinson/Groulx to keep, I said Kopecky definitely and called him for a huge year this season and a leap to the NHL by 07...hope he proves me right laugh.gif

I sure hope so.

Back when we were discussing which two of Kopecky/Booter/Robinson/Groulx to keep, I said Kopecky definitely and called him for a huge year this season and a leap to the NHL by 07...hope he proves me right laugh.gif

The Wings must be desperate for Tomas Kopecky to eventually turn into the player they desire. As it says on Hockey’s Future, “He is the only prospect who could translate into a future scoring power forward as the Wings lack these type of players in their system�. He is listed at 6'3 & 203 lbs.

This season has made it clear that Kopecky can obviously score. Reports are that he has leadership qualities and a strong two-way game, which is great to hear. All he needs to do is to continue his improvement on offense and he could find himself on the Wings roster in 2006/07.

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I sure hope so.

The Wings must be desperate for Tomas Kopecky to eventually turn into the player they desire. As it says on Hockey’s Future, “He is the only prospect who could translate into a future scoring power forward as the Wings lack these type of players in their system�. He is listed at 6'3 & 203 lbs.

This season has made it clear that Kopecky can obviously score. Reports are that he has leadership qualities and a strong two-way game, which is great to hear. All he needs to do is to continue his improvement on offense and he could find himself on the Wings roster in 2006/07.

I don't see much of a future powerforward in Kopecky. Aggressiveness clearly doesn't come natural to him. Maybe a Lang type, but he hasn't shown much of a scoring touch either. Not yet.