• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

Billups, surely got to be MVP?

Another brilliant performance today, 34 points on 9-13 shooting, and 5-5 3PT. I saw a few highlights of his threes, and wow they were impressive. I cannot belive how good this team is. And we haven't even seen Hunter yet, he'll impove our bench.

Chauncey can make a strong case for MVP just by pointing to the win column. But I honestly have to give it to Kobe right now....the Lakers wouldn't have 15 wins without him, the rest of that team is garbage.

Chauncey can make a strong case for MVP just by pointing to the win column. But I honestly have to give it to Kobe right now....the Lakers wouldn't have 15 wins without him, the rest of that team is garbage.

Nothing less than an NBA tragedy if that selfish jerk wins the MVP or anything else. Sorry, not a fan - he's just about reason enough NOT to watch the NBA.

Anyone else watching the Pistons and Lakers on ESPN? I'd criticize the way these guys are calling the game....if they were actually calling the game mad.gifmad.gifmad.gif

Seems to me ESPN decided to have a basketball talk show in which various issues facing the Lakers are discussed at length, and the perfect setting was the Palace during a basketball game. They've been talking about Kwame Brown for five full possessions and totally ignoring the action on the court.

Boring game, the Stones played like s**t, managed to be up 20+ throughout most of the third quarter and pretty much played like crap.

/yawn

Only the Pistons can get away with playing well below their usual level for three out of four quarters and still have the game not be in doubt.

pistons blow! i cant take this! the constant losing! it's killing me!!! mutherfukers!!! what's the poing...might as well just quit and move on the off-season now...we're not going anywhere...

If Rasheed keeps playing the way he did tonight, I'm inclined to agree biggrin.gif

Rasheed and Darko for kkkkkgggggg, the Chicago Tribune reported the later the season moves on the more he'll want to be on a contending team for the Championship tongue.gif

Sheed did play like sh*t though, he's gotten into a habit of just taking threes. He has to solidify his presence in the paint before he can jack up threes.

pistons blow! i cant take this! the constant losing! it's killing me!!! mutherfukers!!! what's the poing...might as well just quit and move on the off-season now...we're not going anywhere...

pistons lose one game in 12 and its time to pack up the bags??? WOW!! Talk about a typical bandwagon fan.

One of the few times this season Sheed got too 3 happy. Chauncey did his best to keep us in it, but when Tayshaun, Rip, AND Sheed are no-shows, combined with the fact that we should/could have gone deep into the bench but didn't... we lost.

No big deal, I can tolerate a loss for every ten wins. tongue.gif

Tonight against KG and the lowly T-Wolves, maybe we can get Tay and Sheed to post up once in a blue moon. sly.gif

pistons lose one game in 12 and its time to pack up the bags??? WOW!! Talk about a typical bandwagon fan.

JohnO loves to be extremely sarcastic when the Pistons lose...

Pistons really flipped the switch tonight when Jerome Bettis and all the celebrities showed up at the game. Ben Wallace managed to be a huge force without scoring a single point. What an effort out there by Big Ben (the REAL Big Ben, not the impostor sitting in the stands wearing a #7 Pittsburgh jersey) smile.gif

Pistons really flipped the switch tonight when Jerome Bettis and all the celebrities showed up at the game. Ben Wallace managed to be a huge force without scoring a single point. What an effort out there by Big Ben (the REAL Big Ben, not the impostor sitting in the stands wearing a #7 Pittsburgh jersey) smile.gif

I know, I get mad when Big Ben comes up on PTI's list of topics and I see Rothleisberger.

I am pleased to inform everyone that the Pistons-Sixers game tomorrow is being televised on ESPN in Australia! Finally get to see another Pistons game, lets hope they don’t play as badly as they did the last time I saw them...

I am pleased to inform everyone that the Pistons-Sixers game tomorrow is being televised on ESPN in Australia! Finally get to see another Pistons game, lets hope they don’t play as badly as they did the last time I saw them...

Ever think the reason they played bad is because you got to watch them? wink.gif

Ever think the reason they played bad is because you got to watch them? wink.gif

Ohhh well perhaps that is the reason tongue.gif

Well there are serious doubts whether Iverson will be able to play, and if that's the case this match could be very interesting. Without Iverson they will share the ball around more, and get many involved in the offence. This should be a walk in the park, but I think it will be closer than many believe. All I really want to see is Delfino! biggrin.gif

Well maybe I’m being a little too harsh, but I honestly thought the Pistons played extremely ordinary yesterday. They didn’t seem to have any real passion out there, almost as though they were going through the motions the entire game. That’s only the second game I’ve seen all year, and on both occasions they have played average. Beating the 76ers without Iverson by 7 points is quite ordinary. Anyone else see the game and care to explain what they thought?

The first quarter was great, they got out to a 13 point lead and I was very impressed. They shot about 60% in the first quarter, and Rasheed was 5-6 from the field. However as the game went on, the worse Detroit shot and the better Philly seemed to perform. Detroit just did enough to win…

Well maybe I’m being a little too harsh, but I honestly thought the Pistons played extremely ordinary yesterday. They didn’t seem to have any real passion out there, almost as though they were going through the motions the entire game. That’s only the second game I’ve seen all year, and on both occasions they have played average. Beating the 76ers without Iverson by 7 points is quite ordinary. Anyone else see the game and care to explain what they thought?

The first quarter was great, they got out to a 13 point lead and I was very impressed. They shot about 60% in the first quarter, and Rasheed was 5-6 from the field. However as the game went on, the worse Detroit shot and the better Philly seemed to perform. Detroit just did enough to win…

Yeah, they were just kinda going through the motions there. It's February, not exactly the most exciting time of the year for the daily grind of meaningless games. Win's a win, though.

Yep, going through the motions. Why give 110% when all they need to put out is 70% to get the win.

I really wish they would have destroyed Philly though so you could have seen the beast called the Detroit Pistons, Aussie.