• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

We lost to Darko's Magic....  rolleyes.gif

Hamilton or no Hamilton still pretty pathetic.

Another great game by Delk though.

Who gives a sh*t about the loss, they have home court throughout the playoffs wrapped up.

The bench is getting a ton of minutes and that's all the Pistons need to be focusing on right now.

Edited by dallas27

Fair enough, I'll go back in my box now... tongue.gif

Yeh I've been complaining about the lack of bench play all season, and now they're finally getting some time so it’s good to see. All we need is for everyone to be healthy, and for Flip to improve his record in the playoffs. thumbup.gif

Fair enough, I'll go back in my box now... tongue.gif

Yeh I've been complaining about the lack of bench play all season, and now they're finally getting some time so it’s good to see. All we need is for everyone to be healthy, and for Flip to improve his record in the playoffs. thumbup.gif

hah tongue.gif

I was hoping to see Cato play against his old team last night but he didn't play. I am assuming they are going to be using him against Shaq seeing as he is just as tall as Dale Davis but 10-15lbs bigger.

I was hoping to see Cato play against his old team last night but he didn't play.  I am assuming they are going to be using him against Shaq seeing as he is just as tall as Dale Davis but 10-15lbs bigger.

Yeh it would be nice to actually see Cato receive some minutes, he might have made an impact last night. And when the playoffs begin, the coverage picks up in Australia. I will be able to see many more Pistons games so get ready to have some feedback on the Pistons play from myself! tongue.gif

I have my doubts that Cato will play, but we'll see.

Delk is really something. What I like best is his ability and willingness to go to the basket. He can get dribble drive penetration and not need to kick it out, he looks to get his points in the paint. And he's strong defensively. Him and Lindsey Hunter are causing problems with the full court press. They forced a couple of backcourt violations against Miami the other night.

Ever notice how strong all the Pistons reserves are? Look at McDyess, Delk, Maurice Evans and Dale Davis. Those guys are carrying some serious muscle mass. Hunter and Delfino aren't that big, but they're both pretty tough and neither one is exactly small.

Yeh it would be nice to actually see Cato receive some minutes, he might have made an impact last night. And when the playoffs begin, the coverage picks up in Australia. I will be able to see many more Pistons games so get ready to have some feedback on the Pistons play from myself! tongue.gif

Awesome. You will be able to watch the Pistons in full stride, meaning nobody in the NBA has a chance haha.

delk is so much better than arroyo....speakin of cato, we'll lost him as a free agent this summer probly

No doubt. The main reason why the Pistons traded away Darko and Arroyo for Cato is to clear up cap room for Ben this off-season. Yea. That's how good the Pistons are. They trade players to clear up cap room to take care of their stars.

To add onto Blue's post. Isn't funny how Joe D finds these people? I mean you look at Delk and you gotta wonder how we pick him up from the waivers. And how do you let Maurice Evans go? Mr. Dumars gives Mr. Illitch and co. a run for their money when it comes to the best ran organization. I think I gotta give it to Joe D though, he took 5 outcasts / journeymen and turned them all into All-Stars.

Edited by dallas27

I only wish Delfino would see some more time. I've been liking what I've seen this year, and I think given more playing time he could be a real asset. But i suppose it comes down to fieldin the best team now or trying to develope for tomorrow. I'll be pissed if Carlos doesn't start getting some meaningful minutes come next season (and not every dozen games or so like it seems ot be this year).

delk is so much better than arroyo....speakin of cato, we'll lost him as a free agent this summer probly

we never wanted to keep him. We got him to clear up cap room to resign ben wallace.

er, what dallas27 said.

Edited by timothy1997

Pistons broke the franchise record for wins today. Bravo!!

P.S. Side note; it would have been nice to play Orlando in the first round. They've been easily the hottest team down the stretch. Howard is a BEAST and Darko seems to have been reborn.

And the franchise record happened when they won the Championship biggrin.gif I am actually more thrilled with the amount of time the bench has been playing, proves that the Pistons bench is not as weak as people thing it is.

Darko has the ability to be very good...just that he would not have seen the time to unleash that ability with this team for another 4 years. I do wish him the best though, he is only 20 years old (not sure, could be 21).

It really would have been cool to see what he could have done in the playoffs against D-Town though...

I'm glad the bench is playing more, but I still have a problem with it. Yesterday agaisnt the Knicks were killing them in the 3rd and all starting five are still in. WHY? Our season would be over if Sheed, Ben, or anyone else would just happen to fall on their ankle wrong. I would like to see what kind of potential Acker and Maxiel have.

I'm glad the bench is playing more, but I still have a problem with it. Yesterday agaisnt the Knicks were killing them in the 3rd and all starting five are still in. WHY? Our season would be over if Sheed, Ben, or anyone else would just happen to fall on their ankle wrong. I would like to see what kind of potential Acker and Maxiel have.

Aker has been playing in the D-League for a few months now with Amir Johnson and both have been impressive. For Aker to be put on the roster someone would have to come off and that's not going to happen.

The reason the starters were still in is two-fold:

1. They like playing minutes and don't want to completely rest going into the playoffs. Whether it's right or wrong it's what the starters like and Flip has no spine when it comes to this kinda stuff.

2. Yes, they were killing them and then the reserves come in and the lead shrunk to the 6 point margin of victory it was. The bench plays better when intermingled with two or three starters, not as a 5-man unit.

64 wins, amazing to me. I thought this team was going to win 50-55 games again this year and wait until the playoffs to go nuts. They went nuts from opening day on, though!

If the Pistons make it to the Finals, it's going to be really hard to beat them with home court advantage in the 2-3-2 format.

Hopefully we will be enjoying this type of success from both teams for the next couple years. I don't see why the Pistons couldn't win 70+ games next season...

Once they win the championship this year (they have home court, nothing short of a serious injury *knock on wood* is going to stop them) they could have been going for a quadpeat next season...

Wednesday is the last game then the playoffs. It's really boring all Flip is doing is playing the bench most of the game. It's good and all for them but boring as hell.

Wednesday is the last game then the playoffs. It's really boring all Flip is doing is playing the bench most of the game. It's good and all for them but boring as hell.

I checked the scores after the game had finished and I saw we lost by 20 points. I was disappointed but didn't care because I knew the bench would play. But after I saw the statistics I was extremely pleased. Delfino 18 points and 5 rebounds, showing he is superior to Evans. Amir Johnson, who could be a superstar, scored 18 points on 6-6 shooting, 2-2 threes, in 18 minnutes. And Jason Maxiell has 11 points and 12 rebounds. Some very impressive statistics there, especially from Johnson.

WOO HOO!! PLAYOFF TIME!!

Milwaukee vs Detroit- Round 1

1. Sun, Apr 23 – at Detroit, 7:00 pm EDT (TNT)

2. Wed, Apr 26 – at Detroit, 7:30 pm EDT (NBATV)

3. Sat, Apr 29 – at Milwaukee, 9:00 pm EDT (ESPN)

4. Mon, May 1 – at Milwaukee

5.* Wed, May 3 – at Detroit

6.* Fri, May 5 – at Milwaukee

7.* Sun, May 7 – at Detroit

I believe the Bucks are the best opponent the Pistons could have hoped for. The Bulls are a rough and physical team who I think could have caused a few concerns. The Pacers I just hate and I couldn’t stand seeing Jermaine O’Neal, whereas the Bucks don’t present many problems at all. We should win in 4.

And the great news for me is that in Australia they desperately try to show Andrew Bogut, so you know they’re going to do everything to televise this series. Excellent. biggrin.gif