• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

Bahahahahah the shoot-around crew over at ESPN are already changing their tune about the Pistons and the Eastern Conference Champs.....Ohhhhh man I thought it would take them half the season to start changing their tune but one freakin' game takes the cake. BTW half way through the season the Pistons will really let out a beast. Darko actually looks pretty damn decent out there and Joe D says this is the year he breaks out. Delfino looks rock solid, see him take those two guys baseline and reverse slam on their ass? Dice looked a little off, all his shots were short, but once he gets dialed in he's good for 10-15. Evans looks good as well, a bigger but less talented Chauncey, he can drain the three with no prob and drive the ball. Maxiel is gonna be a beast and Dale Davis is going to be another solid player. Arroyo looks much better now with Flip at coach. Damn that covers their whole bench, all of who which played last night. The thing is I even haven't mentioned the starting five yet. People talk about how "deep" Miami is and I laugh at that. Detroit is going to be a much, much deeper team that has LOADS of YOUNG, YOUNG, talent.

Yes they played a somewhat diminished 76ers team but they still are a playoff team are they not? The Stones had no problem whatsoever running circles around them.

I really did enjoy the Pistons being #3 in the Eastern Conference though smile.gif

That was a beatdown. The Pistons seemed to be unable to miss a shot on the fourth quarter. The bench looked great. Darko didn't have a rep for his defense, but I think that might be where he makes his name, at least at first. Can't hurt having big men to learn from like Ben and Rasheed. Darko is a shot blocking madman in the few minutes he plays. He led the entire NBA is blocked shots during the preseason.

I think Carlos Arroyo is really going to be the key for the Pistons this season. He was lost under Larry Brown last season because Brown hated his style of play. However Flip Saunders highly rates his quick style of movement and the energy he brings. He had 8 assists in 16 minutes, and was responsible for Detroit hitting 18 of its last 20 shots. Our bench sure has improved this season.

O'Neal leaves game after fall

November 3, 2005

MIAMI (AP) -- Shaquille O'Neal sprained his right ankle in the fourth quarter of the Miami Heat's 105-102 loss to the Indiana Pacers on Thursday night.

O'Neal landed awkwardly while jostling for a rebound. X-rays were negative.

"He's probably going to miss some time, the way he was walking on it in there,'' Heat coach Stan Van Gundy said.

O'Neal came down on Ron Artest's foot. He remained down for a few seconds, then limped off the court and into the locker room. He finished with 18 points and six rebounds.

Bring on the excuses!

What a clutch shot by Rip.

According to ESPN's Play-by-Play, Richard Hamilton made 17 ft jumper. Assisted by Tayshaun Prince at 0:00.

What happened? Did he make the shot with under a second left? And once again our bench does not get used despite all the promises, even McDyess barely got used, 12 minutes? Arroyo 12, Evans 11, Milicic only 4? Here we go again...

Basketball is back! Awesome shot by Rip; 'stons will be in tough this year with both Miami and Indiana ready to usurp their claim as the beasts of the East. However our bench should be much improved this year with Dice, Los Carlos, Evans and Darko all possessing the ability to contribute.

Go Pistons! thumbup.gif

Just saw the highlights and Rip you the man! Why did Boston not have someone on Prince as he was in-bounding the ball? Terrible decision.

Box Score

Recap

As I mentioned earlier, the lack of faith in the bench is a worry, not even McDyess saw much action tonight. We need to get them involved in the game.

Just saw the highlights and Rip you the man! Why did Boston not have someone on Prince as he was in-bounding the ball? Terrible decision.

Box Score

Recap

As I mentioned earlier, the lack of faith in the bench is a worry, not even McDyess saw much action tonight. We need to get them involved in the game.

I didn't see much of the game but I'm assuming since they were down by 6 they weren't doing to well, which in that case the bench won't play.

Now in tonights game....lol....you can see the bench is pretty dang good.

If I were the Eastern Conference and the San Antonio Spurs I would be starting to worry. I know it's only 3 games into the season but Detroit has already shown their resilancy(sp?) e.g. yesterdays game and how they just flat out pwn people eg first game and tonights game.

Wait til' 20-30 games in when the whole bench and starting five are used to Flips offense...this team is gonna be scary good and they are playing the underdog role for both the ECF and the Finals...and that just makes them that much scarier.

I didn't see much of the game but I'm assuming since they were down by 6 they weren't doing to well, which in that case the bench won't play.

Now in tonights game....lol....you can see the bench is pretty dang good.

If I were the Eastern Conference and the San Antonio Spurs I would be starting to worry.  I know it's only 3 games into the season but Detroit has already shown their resilancy(sp?) e.g. yesterdays game and how they just flat out pwn people eg first game and tonights game.

Wait til' 20-30 games in when the whole bench and starting five are used to Flips offense...this team is gonna be scary good and they are playing the underdog role for both the ECF and the Finals...and that just makes them that much scarier.

I watched the Spurs-Cavs game yesterday and I must admit I am worried. The Spurs are going to be even better this season; the main reason is Tony Parker. He has really developed into a quality guard, the way he can weave through traffic is incredible. In saying that, the Cavs are pretty poor and extremely overrated, at least until their recruits learn to adapt.

As far as the Pistons, tonight was a great game. Prince totally dominated, Hamilton was great and Ben Wallace just destroyed the Raptors on the boards. Prince played 34 minutes, the most of any Piston, which is good to see. Evans and Arroyo look like the are going to have solid seasons.

Box Score

Recap

3-0!

Edited by Aussie_Wing

I watched the Spurs-Cavs game yesterday and I must admit I am worried.

Did you watch tonight's game? It adds a nice balance to the perspective, since the Spurs got blown out by the Mavs by 19 points. smile.gif

Great start for the Pistons, no doubt. McDyess hasn't even gotten going yet, and the bench is already making contributions. 42 bench points tonight! 7 players in double figures. The offense is faster paced and seems to suit the personnel well. I was a little worried that the quick shots might cost them on the defensive end, but so far the defense is playing great.

Too early to know much about how the team will play, but I was worried they'd start off slow trying to adjust to the new systems. Not at all so far.

Seems like the Pistons were just toying with the Raptors. Most nights, the Pistons will be able to exploit a mismatch like Tayshaun last night, because if the opponent double-teams, who do they leave open? Chauncey? Rip? Sheed? And the bench is just as well-rounded as the starting five.

grrrrrr I read about that. #(%&@ Sacramento. Whoever did that should be taken on a tour of Detroit's nicest areas.....then dropped off at 1 AM with wads of cash glued to his chest at Mack and Conner.

Nice to see Maurice Evans get plenty of minutes and make a solid contribution against the team that didn't want him back.

I can't wait til the Hornets play at Arco. They probably will play pictures of hurricane katrina and the aftermath. The Sacramento PR dept should be fired today. That was classless and low.

I just cannot understand why they would do it? What does it achieve? I know we won yesterday, but next time we play them (if there is a next time this season), we are going to be one fired up ball club.

And after the game they should have played a mother beating a red-headed step child becuase that's what the Pistons did to them.

Tim Legler is such an idiot. His top three things for week one included that the "Pistons are still elite." No fukkin' s**t dumbass, what, did they just fall off the face of the earth and become a s***ty team?

Old Pistons D + Flips new offense + rekindled bench = NBA Championship

But it is gonna take them seven games to beat San Antonio. I'm sticking by my statement that the Pistons will be the deepest team once everyone gets situated.

And after the game they should have played a mother beating a red-headed step child becuase that's what the Pistons did to them.

Tim Legler is such an idiot. His top three things for week one included that the "Pistons are still elite." No fukkin' s**t dumbass, what, did they just fall off the face of the earth and become a s***ty team?

Old Pistons D + Flips new offense + rekindled bench = NBA Championship

But it is gonna take them seven games to beat San Antonio. I'm sticking by my statement that the Pistons will be the deepest team once everyone gets situated.

You have to remember that coverage of the whole offseason went like this:

"Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana Miami Indiana and San Antonio is the defending champion."

so of course they think it's news that the Pistons didn't just give the hell up.

and I'm still mad about the Sacramento pregame stunt.

and I'm still mad about the Sacramento pregame stunt.

Jim Rome-

"Game night operations director Leland Patton reportedly was responsible for rolling in video showing dilapidated buildings, burned out cars and barren streets filled with garbage. Believe me, if you think Detroit can riot with the best of them, you just gave them a reason to do so. I’ve been to the “D� and I came away thinking two things about that town:

1) Great sports fans.

2) You do not want to crack on their city. They don’t like that."

http://www.jimrome.com/home/article/article_4.html