• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Aussie_Wing

Detroit Pistons Season Thread

Rate this topic

To simplify their increase in intensity and why they're doing better now than last year would be because they're not trying to slow down the game at all. Rather than being overly concearned with defense and holding the ball for so long on their own possessions to disrupt the games flow and such they seem to take chances and go for more points by being a bit more reckless on the offensive. This forces the other teamt o do the same and in doing so tire them out and as previously stated they do have ther best conditioned team as well as the hardets working and most dimesnional starting five in the NBA. It's really no coincodence they seem to score more and more as the game goes on.

"Saunders gave the starters a break during practice Wednesday, as most carried a heavy load against the Celtics. The Pistons don't play again until Friday, and Saunders thought it best to stick with light shooting and weight-room work.

The focus was instead on the reserves. Three-on-three was the game of the day, replete with physical contact and Rasheed Wallace commentary.

"I think it's good for us to have to compete like that, makes us tougher," Pistons rookie Jason Maxiell said. "They're not backing down, and we're not backing down. And I'm ignoring everything I heard Rasheed say. I can still hear his voice in my head, but I'm not paying him any attention."

Wallace let no play or move go without comment.

"I'm just Flavor Flav. I keep it hype all the time," Rasheed said, cracking up Pistons president Joe Dumars."

LOL! smile.gif

Rasheed certainly is a character!

The Pacers lost 122-90 to the Charlotte Freakin' Bobcats tonight. So much for bouncing back from that choke job against the Bucks the other night!

Ha, and to think that Miami and Indy are still the front runners for the Eastern Conf. Champs for most people.

I guess Scottie Pippen said that the Pistons will win 70 games on ESPN360...He did win 72 with the Bulls so you have to give him some credit. Winning 70 games is hella tough though, especially in this league.

Edited by dallas27

He got 2 blocks yesterday!!!!! He stuffed Mutombo and he's pretty damn tall.

The best block was Sheeds at the end of the game. The guy by cut him and Sheed just turns around and stuffs his ass, gives back at the guy and gives him the look like "you just tried to do that on ME?!?!?"

THE PISTONS WILL NOT BE DENIED THE CHAMPIONSHIP.

Edited by dallas27

Looks like Dallas is doing to Detroit what they did to San Antonio. Both Detroit and San Antonio played back to back games and Dallas creamed S.A. and they are gonna end up creaming Detroit. I don't know if they can come back from a 22 point deficit against Dallas.

Losing was inevitable. Hopefully this will re-plant the seed of doubt about Detroit but I doubt it.

Eh, they are sorta clawing their way back. Never know.

Edited by dallas27

Pistons fans seem very annoyed with Carlos Arroyo. One description of the situation is, “Put Acker on the roster for Arroyo. I'm tired of watching this wuss hold the ball and do nothing with it for 20 seconds.� Is he playing that bad, because his statistics aren’t too bad.

Pistons fans seem very annoyed with Carlos Arroyo. One description of the situation is, “Put Acker on the roster for Arroyo. I'm tired of watching this wuss hold the ball and do nothing with it for 20 seconds.” Is he playing that bad, because his statistics aren’t too bad.

what are you talking about? Arroyo is a valuable bench player. Curious to hear where you heard someone saying otherwise.

what are you talking about? Arroyo is a valuable bench player. Curious to hear where you heard someone saying otherwise.

I think he is a good player too. Those quotes were taken from The Detroit News forums, and I can tell you that he is constantly getting rubbished over there.

I think he is a good player too. Those quotes were taken from The Detroit News forums, and I can tell you that he is constantly getting rubbished over there.

i wouldnt put much stock in the news forums. What do they know about basketball.

Pistons have looked great so far this season.....aside from last night.

The Mavs were obviously cranked for that game. Detroit looked tired and ready to go home.

I have a lot of problems with Arroyo's game myself, so I can understand the complaints. He does hold on to the ball too long. He's a liability defensively, too.

Yeah Arroyo's defense is questionable at times, but it doesn't usually hurt the Piston's too much. what irritates me is when I see him dribbling the ball for 15 seconds as he tries to figure out a way to cut the D and then either take a bad shot or dish it to someone who has to put it up with only a second or two left on the clock. All that aside though, he has been more of an asset than a detriment to the team, and is a good bench player.

Aussie I'm surprised you haven't said anything about these Garnett rumors yet. Here is the insider article-

Get ready for the Kevin Garnett trade rumors, the first of which was quickly shot down Sunday by Kevin McHale and Joe Dumars -- even as others maintained it was legit.

Both team executives denied there was any truth to talk that made its way around the league over the weekend that the Detroit Pistons were willing to ship a package including Rasheed Wallace and Darko Milicic to Minnesota for Garnett.

The future of the 29-year-old eight-time All-Star came into question after Garnett's much-discussed interview Thursday night on TNT. Garnett criticized McHale for his handling of the Timberwolves during the troubled 2004-05 season in which Flip Saunders was fired and McHale took over as head coach.

Dumars insisted he had not been in contact with the Wolves regarding Garnett, and McHale also dismissed the rumor, which came as executives from others teams were trying to gauge whether the Timberwolves would seriously consider dealing the franchise player who has been with Minnesota throughout his entire 10-year NBA career. Team owner Glen Taylor told reporters in Minnesota that Garnett has "never, ever" sought a trade.

"We're not trading Garnett," McHale said Sunday night.  The prevailing opinion around the league is that Minnesota, barring a sustained nosedive prior to the All-Star break, would not consider trading Garnett before next summer. With a record of 5-4 following their victory over Charlotte on Saturday night, the Wolves are in first place in the Northwest Division.

Garnett is under contract for $18 million this season, then will make $21, $22 and $23 million over the next three years. With Wally Szczerbiak under contract for an equal number of years ($10 million this season, $11, $12 and $13 million the next three), the Timberwolves would have very little salary cap flexibility for the next half-decade unless they jettisoned their two highest-paid players. Minnesota already has a forward, Mark Madsen, and three guards, Marko Jaric, Troy Hudson and Trenton Hassell, signed at least through the 2009-10 season.

One source told ESPN.com that the New York Knicks had made Minnesota an offer that included the expiring contracts of Penny Hardaway ($15.7 million) and Antonio Davis ($13.9 million). But for such a trade to work under salary cap rules, the Knicks would also have to take back Sczcerbiak. While that deal would be stunningly lopsided talent- wise, it would relieve the Wolves of $102 million in salary obligations over the next three seasons, allowing them to enter the 2006 offseason with approximately $25 million of cap space.

One source close to several NBA players insisted that the viability of the Knicks' offer should not be dismissed, going so far as to say Garnett was making a private push through back channels to be dealt to New York and reunite with former teammate Stephon Marbury.

"I'd bet money he'll be wearing a Knicks uniform by the end of February," the source said.

Another source insisted Detroit's offer of Wallace and Milicic was real, adding that the offer was made through another Pistons official so that Dumars could maintain deniability in case the players came to him for an explanation.

The Nets have also been mentioned as a possible trade partner in a Garnett deal, but it is believed the Wolves would consider a deal with New Jersey only if they could get back Richard Jefferson, whose status as a base-year compensation player under salary cap rules makes him exceedingly difficult to deal. The best offer the Nets could make this season would include Vince Carter, another player (Nenad Krstic?, Mile Ilic?) and a pair of No. 1 picks (their own and the Clippers').

As much as I would HATE to see Sheed go as he is one hell of a complete player on paper that deal seems pretty damn good. KG ain't no slouch himself defensively, and Flip is coaching the Pistons, KG's former coach. KG also spoke out about how letting Flip leave was bad for the franchise. Hmmmmmmm.....Flip and KG never accomplished anything in the playoffs, would they be able to in Detroit?

My gut says yes, do this trade, but I just don't know. Seeing Sheed leave would be sad becuase he WAS the addition that put the Pistons over the top a few years ago.

*edit* How scary does this look?

Ben Wallace

Kevin Garnett

Tayshaun Prince

Rip Hamilton

Chauncey Billups

Edited by dallas27

I don't think making the trade would be a question at all for the Pistons, they would do it without hesitation. The question is whether it's something Minnesota is really considering seriously at this point. The other rumor involved the Knicks, and some insiders think that has an ever better chance of happening.

I'm skeptical Garnett is going anywhere at all, but I guess we'll see.

I'd hate to see Sheed leave, he's a real personality for the Pistons, but strictly on the court, it'd be a great deal for Detroit.

I wouldn't do it either. Call me sentimental - but Rasheed is an integral part of the Pistons team - I guess I'm not a big Garnett fan. Yeah I know everyone says' he great - but where has that gotten his team? I'd stick with Sheed - keep the good chemistry flowing....

ps. Go Pistons tonight vs the Nuggets - I can't believe they're on at the same time as the Wings-Avs! Both televised finally for me and on at the same time! ugh! crazy.gif

I wouldn't do it either. Call me sentimental - but Rasheed is an integral part of the Pistons team - I guess I'm not a big Garnett fan. Yeah I know everyone says' he great - but where has that gotten his team? I'd stick with Sheed - keep the good chemistry flowing....

ps. Go Pistons tonight vs the Nuggets - I can't believe they're on at the same time as the Wings-Avs! Both televised finally for me and on at the same time! ugh!  crazy.gif

Well, in KG's defense he hasn't had much help.

Looks like our Pistons are back, I think Tim was right, someone stole their jerseys last game and played for them against Dallas.

Edited by dallas27