• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
eva unit zero

Lions game Sunday

Rate this topic

Might as well lose out...another high draft pick would help solidify our future. A future that I thought was gonna show through this season....but it's not.

cuz we do so well with draft picks, right? look at gems like joey harrington, roy williams, charles rogers, mike williams, kevin jones, jeff backus, stockar mcdougle, chris clairborne, aaron gibson, terry fair, bryant westbrook...

sad.gif

we don't do so good in the draft...

We get an interesting look at your OLD starter Charlie Batch this Sunday at Green Bay......at least it isnt Tommy Maddox again.....I wonder if Charlie can handle the keys to his brand new toy while Big Ben's knee gets back to normal. Memo to Batch, throw to 86, 83, and 82 wearing WHITE.

Well considering Minnesota has a horrible passing defense and overall defense Joey "should" have no problem. Hell I'm going to go easy on him and just request 1 touchdown and 0 INT.

Let's see if he can do that simple task.

I wouldn't give up on KJ that easily there JohnO, he hasn't had any help from anybody. When defenses know that you can't beat them passing they are gonna stack the box...not to mention the o-line can't open any holes.

Well, to be honest... I think Joey will be solid. The guy who I think is going to have a big game (finally) and break out is Kevin Jones.

That dude is sooooooooo due.

If he can get a decent hole to run through once in a while. The good news is that they'll have a few threats back in the lineup and the Vikings aren't a crazy good defensive team. The Lions obviously don't have a good offense, but it doesn't help when you've faced all of the top three defensive teams in the league in the span of the last 5 or 6 games.

sigh...our only hope this game is that the Vikings are sorrier than we are....and Daunte's out.

I've officially begun the Trade For Matt Schaub bandwagon. Anybody in? It's official in my book: we can't win with Joey, and we can't be trying to draft and develop yet another Next Franchise Quarterback....we need somebody's whose major-league talent is being wasted as a backup somewhere, and who has already spent some time developing in the League.

Besides, I'm a UVA fan.

sigh...our only hope this game is that the Vikings are sorrier than we are....and Daunte's out.

I've officially begun the Trade For Matt Schaub bandwagon.  Anybody in?  It's official in my book: we can't win with Joey, and we can't be trying to draft and develop yet another Next Franchise Quarterback....we need somebody's whose major-league talent is being wasted as a backup somewhere, and who has already spent some time developing in the League.

Besides, I'm a UVA fan.

I wish we could draft Marcus Vick, he is a better passer than his brother and even though he has his off the field problems in the past, if he can keep his nose clean he could be a very valuable player in the NFL.

Edited by TheGoonSquad0208

I've officially begun the Trade For Matt Schaub bandwagon.  Anybody in?  It's official in my book: we can't win with Joey, and we can't be trying to draft and develop yet another Next Franchise Quarterback....we need somebody's whose major-league talent is being wasted as a backup somewhere, and who has already spent some time developing in the League.

Besides, I'm a UVA fan.

I wish we could draft Marcus Vick, he is a better passer than his brother and even though he has his off the field problems in the past, if he can keep his nose clean he could be a very valuable player in the NFL.

ugh...like I said I don't like the idea of having to start from scratch again...which you do with any QB you draft no matter what the talent. but even worse....two Hokies, and at the two most visible positions no less?? we need Schaub in part to balance out Kevin Jones.

Did anybody hear that caller named TIM on 1270 Friday Night... He basically was a nut job and said that he would burn stuff if Joey played today... I wonder if Allen Park (where he is from) is burning tonight. It was the funniest call I have heard in a long long time!

Until the O-Line improves, I don't see any point in drafting another QB. It won't change anything.

Besides, I'm a UVA fan.

Did you see what the Canes' did to Vick on Sat night? Holy crap he looked like a JV player.