5 replies to this topic

#1 Saran

Saran

[[LGW]]

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,618 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 08:01 PM

BIRON FAILS AUDITION?

BUFFALO NEWS: Tim Graham yesterday reported that when it was announced Martin Biron would start Wednesday's game for the Sabres against the Ottawa Senators "teams scrambled to get scouts to Buffalo". Fourteen seats were reserved at the HSBC arena press box, half of those for Western Conference representatives, with the Edmonton Oilers having three of those seats and the Detroit Red Wings dispatching Dave Lewis.

Why do you think Dave Lewis was there?

#2 Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grinder

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 10:27 PM

I dont know why the Wings would want Biron but Dave Lewis is a scout for the wings now

#3 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,833 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:06 PM

oops nm

Edited by theman19, 04 November 2005 - 11:08 PM.

"All hockey players are bi-lingual. We speak English and Profanity" Gordie Howe

#4 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 04 November 2005 - 11:12 PM

The Red Wings send out scouts to every city. Thats how they know what to look for in a game... There is no deal pending, nor would Detroit be looking for goaltending help.

#5 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:19 PM

Yea, the only way Biron would come to detroit is if all of our goalies, (legace, osgood, and howard) got injured and there was no-one to replace them.

#6 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:36 PM

Dave Lewis is a scout dude. It's his job to go around to ever city and watch some games. And I really don't think that he was there for the Sabers either. I think he was there for the Senators. I don't know who won or what the fianl score was, but I bet Ottawa made a fool out of Buffalo. Ottawa has a lot of good players, and I think a lot of teams scouts went to Buffalo to watch the Ottawa Senators players and see if any are worth picking up next off-season, and maybe the same with a couple players with Buffalo.