• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 03:51 AM

I think I am going to get a drum set soon, I've only played two times but people tell me I have good rhythm and one even refused to believe it was my second time playing (when I was playing). I guess I pick up fast. I am going to get a deal on used drums from a friend of a friend. There are Mapex drums, and he has practiced lightly on them for about a year. I was wondering if I should get new drum heads.

Also, any drummers out there have tips on how to get good? Thanks.

Edited by Sergei Fedorov91, 05 November 2005 - 03:51 AM.

#2 Loiselle

Loiselle

Jr. Prospect

• 25 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 06:41 AM

Been playing since 1992.

I'm good... not great by any means, but i'm good.

#3 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 10:35 AM

My dad has been playin since the 50's and has been in some pretty big bands. Ill ask him.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#4 Chelios57

Chelios57

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 05 November 2005 - 01:44 PM

Get new heads. You can still use the old ones. I play on mine until they break, that's when I replace them. The only tip is practice. Practice to music a lot too.

Just don't replace your heads till they break, that's what I do.
Atlanta Thrashers: 1999-2011

WINTER CLASSIC 2013

"When you want to measure yourself, you don't measure yourself against, no disrespect to TORONTO or any other team that I can think of right now, you measure yourself against the Detroit Red Wings. They are the best in the league, and whether they won last year's Cup or didn't win last year's Cup, they're the measuring stick." - Bruce Boudreau

#5 Sergei Fedorov91

Sergei Fedorov91

Touchdown

• PipPipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 01:23 AM

I'll do that, thanks for advice. How hard is it to learn from listening to cd's, as opposed to learning from going to lessons? Thanks

#6 Happy Pancake

Happy Pancake

Courage Wolf Inspires Howie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 05:30 AM

QUOTE (Sergei Fedorov91 @ November 8, 2005 - 07:23AM)
I'll do that, thanks for advice. How hard is it to learn from listening to cd's, as opposed to learning from going to lessons? Thanks

I think that depends on the person. I know some people who can pick up a tune on an instrument from ear while others need the entire song in sheet music to play it. I'd say just try CD's first (cheap) and then go to lessons if you think you need it (not cheap).

Also, I've found that lessons help you become a better player overall while just listening to CD's lets you jam to the songs you like. I guess it's all a matter of what you're looking to accomplish.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users