• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:16 PM

- The Chicago Blackhawks are unhappy with the play of goaltender Nikolai Khabibulin. They'd love to trade him but are stuck with his huge contract

Thats what you get for overpaying him.....
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#2 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:15 PM

the only team that would even remotely (and i do mean remotely) make sense is st. louis. This team has zero on the goalie scale but i don't think there even close to having the cap space to grab him.

#3 Happy Pancake

Happy Pancake

Courage Wolf Inspires Howie

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,561 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 02:28 PM

How many years does he have left on his contract? It's a shame to see a team get dragged down by one huge salary, even if it is a divisional opponent.

#4 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 04:00 PM

Couldn't happen to a nicer team, they pissed and moaned about teams like Detroit and their spending, get a cap, then Chicago goes out and spends like drunken sailors. Their number one FA prize lays a big egg, and Detroit is even more successful, how can you not love the irony. No one could write this stuff any better...I live in Chicago, and hate the few fans that follow the Blackhawks, I love rubbing it in their faces

#5 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 08 November 2005 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ November 8, 2005 - 05:00PM)
Couldn't happen to a nicer team, they pissed and moaned about teams like Detroit and their spending, get a cap, then Chicago goes out and spends like drunken sailors. Their number one FA prize lays a big egg, and Detroit is even more successful, how can you not love the irony. No one could write this stuff any better...I live in Chicago, and hate the few fans that follow the Blackhawks, I love rubbing it in their faces

sure it could have,..if that nicer team was colorado.

#6 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:37 AM

QUOTE (redwings1914 @ November 6, 2005 - 04:16PM)

Do we have a link?

That is such a stupid rumor created by some fool -- you don't sign a guy only to get fickle after a month. Business is not conducted that way. How anybody can take such garbage seriously is even more stupid. Nothing at all against the messenger for the record -- but that is as dumb as Pitt wanting to dump guys and Dallas shopping Turco. SILLY! We have a cap! You just don't drop guys for a bad week, month or season without getting stung. Some need a reality check or to learn the new aspect of the NHL. *hurls*

#7 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:21 AM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ November 8, 2005 - 06:00PM)

boy ain't that the truth!
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#8 WesternWing

WesternWing

Rookie

• Pip
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 08:38 AM

Well it's not just goaltending

the team itself has not helped and there isn't anything jellin for the Hawks

What a dumb ass rumor sly.gif thumbdown.gif

#9 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 12:02 PM

QUOTE (fightfan24 @ November 9, 2005 - 01:37AM)
QUOTE (redwings1914 @ November 6, 2005 - 04:16PM)

Do we have a link?

That is such a stupid rumor created by some fool -- you don't sign a guy only to get fickle after a month. Business is not conducted that way. How anybody can take such garbage seriously is even more stupid. Nothing at all against the messenger for the record -- but that is as dumb as Pitt wanting to dump guys and Dallas shopping Turco. SILLY! We have a cap! You just don't drop guys for a bad week, month or season without getting stung. Some need a reality check or to learn the new aspect of the NHL. *hurls*

Sorry thought I posted it already.....

http://www.ottawasun...294543-sun.html
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#10 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 09 November 2005 - 01:25 PM

Thanks for the linky 1914.

This author has no clue what he is writing about (he's almost as bad as Kara Yorio) -- he finds a struggling team and creates some jibberish about some players. Mark my words, the minute Detroit drops four in a row the guy will feed on that and write how Lidstrom is finished, Datsyuk wants out and they want to shop Shanahan because he is UFA next summer. Eric Goddard is the Isles most popular player with many fans buying his jersey -- they'd be stupid to get rid of him.

#11 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 12:25 AM

I got one:
Khabibulin and Daze to the Blues.
Lalime and Tkachuk to the Hawks.

None of those guys have been too impressive this season, a change of scenery would probably help all of them. And the salary number is fairly close...Blues end up taking on a little more, but their payroll is only around 30 I think.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#12 fightfan24

fightfan24

Enforcer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,035 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 01:55 AM

Well the numbers match -- remember stratomatic? It was fun when I was a kid... thumbup.gif

#13 Jeff Mac

Jeff Mac

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 08:10 AM

Yeah, and I want to trade a turd for a gold bar...

Any takers?

#14 ufcredwingfan

ufcredwingfan

FreeBird

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 04:09 PM

^---- yowza.gif

#15 RyanBarnes!

RyanBarnes!

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,873 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 05:46 PM

QUOTE (eva unit zero @ November 10, 2005 - 01:25AM)
I got one:
Khabibulin and Daze to the Blues.
Lalime and Tkachuk to the Hawks.

None of those guys have been too impressive this season, a change of scenery would probably help all of them. And the salary number is fairly close...Blues end up taking on a little more, but their payroll is only around 30 I think.

Wouldn't do much for the Blues. Daze is injured and Khabibulin or Lalime doesn't make a whole lot of difference for a team with many weaknesses like the Blues.
"Joey (Kocur) has no fear" -Lyndon Byers
"Empty-net goals are for homos" -Al Iafrate

#16 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 26 November 2005 - 10:57 PM

QUOTE (fightfan24 @ November 9, 2005 - 03:25PM)
Thanks for the linky 1914.

This author has no clue what he is writing about (he's almost as bad as Kara Yorio) -- he finds a struggling team and creates some jibberish about some players. Mark my words, the minute Detroit drops four in a row the guy will feed on that and write how Lidstrom is finished, Datsyuk wants out and they want to shop Shanahan because he is UFA next summer. Eric Goddard is the Isles most popular player with many fans buying his jersey -- they'd be stupid to get rid of him.

I am sold that Kara Yorio belongs in hell.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#17 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 04:54 PM

It truely is Chicago's own fault for paying Khabibulin as much as they do. They know that their team wasn't very good prior to signing Khabibulin. So therefore, it was stupid of them to sign Khabibulin to such a big contract. When I read it on the Internet, I was like what the hell, because that was way over the limit of what I would of done if I were a GM in the NHL. I also think he signed a five-year deal with Chicago. It's Chicago's own fault, and they'll have to deal with whatever happens in the goaltender position until Khabibulin's contract expires.

#18 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:22 PM

To the Blues:

Bulin-G
Arnason-C
Spacek-D

To the Hawks:

Tkachuk-C
Lalime-G

#19 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 05:27 PM

QUOTE (youssp9 @ December 10, 2005 - 07:22PM)
To the Blues:

Bulin-G
Arnason-C
Spacek-D

To the Hawks:

Tkachuk-C
Lalime-G

you just came up with that didn't ya? This isn't a personal attack or anything, hell id be a great trade for the blues. But doesn't mean its gonna happen. The Blues got a retarded GM that doesn't understand or know the game of hockey.

#20 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 10 December 2005 - 07:00 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ December 10, 2005 - 06:27PM)
QUOTE (youssp9 @ December 10, 2005 - 07:22PM)
To the Blues:

Bulin-G
Arnason-C
Spacek-D

To the Hawks:

Tkachuk-C
Lalime-G

you just came up with that didn't ya? This isn't a personal attack or anything, hell id be a great trade for the blues. But doesn't mean its gonna happen. The Blues got a retarded GM that doesn't understand or know the game of hockey.

Yea, I just made it up. But I could see that trade happening, but it wont.