• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 03:18 PM

The Pittsburgh Penguins "wouldn't mind moving RW Ziggy Palffy, D **** Tarnstrom and G Jocelyn Thibault." GM Craig Patrick is apparently very disappointed in Palffy's performance.

Probably a bunch of BS......but posting it anyways.
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#2 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:14 PM

palfy is something we need as a decent sniping right winger,...i don't know enough about tarnstrom to comment,..i think he's another o-d man

#3 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 05:58 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ November 6, 2005 - 06:14PM)
palfy is something we need as a decent sniping right winger,...i don't know enough about tarnstrom to comment,..i think he's another o-d man

I'd like to have Palffy here as well. Tarnstrom is likely out for the season with a torn MCL.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#4 theman19

theman19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:14 PM

i'd give them osgood lilja and mowers for palfy a decent sized d-man. I don't care who at this point a warm body would do better than lilja has.

#5 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:15 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ November 6, 2005 - 06:58PM)
I'd like to have Palffy here as well. Tarnstrom is likely out for the season with a torn MCL.

Palffy's contract is just too big for this team to swallow, unless some room is made to put give us more space under the cap. And personally, if Detroit really needs a somewhat one-dimensional scoring punch from the wing sometime down the road, they can just call up Hudler.

#6 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:20 PM

The person that I'd like to see here most, within reason, is Witt.

Edited by ARice89, 07 November 2005 - 08:06 PM.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#7 theman19

theman19

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:21 PM

QUOTE (J-Swift @ November 6, 2005 - 07:15PM)
Palffy's contract is just too big for this team to swallow, unless some room is made to put give us more space under the cap. And personally, if Detroit really needs a somewhat one-dimensional scoring punch from the wing sometime down the road, they can just call up Hudler.

i thought hudler was a center?

and ditto on the witt thing,...although i've heard alot of teams are shopping for him. He'd be awesome on a line with lids.

Edited by theman19, 06 November 2005 - 06:22 PM.

#8 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 06 November 2005 - 06:32 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ November 6, 2005 - 07:21PM)
i thought hudler was a center?

I was under the impression that Hudler was playing left wing on a line with Manlow and McDonell. Eitherway, I'm awfully sure Jiri is capable of playing the wing, and he'll probably have to if he wants to crack Detroit's lineup this year. I would certainly give a guy like Hudler a chance over Palffy if we really were in desperate need of goals at some point this season.