• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Bootland

Rate this topic

I was and am still baffled they signed Mowers -- there is nothing about him that stands out except mediocraty (sp). Bootland is a gamer and I think Babcock could get him to lay off the spazzing out too. He is a very good hitter on the forecheck and has upside skillwise. I say why not. Cleary is getting press and I don't understand -- sure he can spell on the PK but he looks like Paul Woods, a total waste of mobility. I'd replace Cleary with Bootland in a heartbeat and Mowers would be in Europe right now.

Contract loophole. They didn't sign him. He exercised an option year that was automatically upgraded to a one-way deal (based on a number of games played) when the NHL gave the NHLPA a year of service for the lockout among the CBA concessions. Not only that but the raise in minimum wage almost doubled value of the deal. Mark was all ready to look for work overseas (from what I recall) when his agent called him about the sweet deal that fell in his lap.

peace

Contract loophole.  They didn't sign him.  He exercised an option year that was automatically upgraded to a one-way deal (based on a number of games played) when the NHL gave the NHLPA a year of service for the lockout among the CBA concessions.  Not only that but the raise in minimum wage almost doubled value of the deal.  Mark was all ready to look for work overseas (from what I recall) when his agent called him about the sweet deal that fell in his lap.

peace

Well the Wings should put him on waivers then and call up Bootland, It's pretty clear they weren't going to sign him anyway.

Edited by Hatcher#2

Well the Wings should put him on waivers then and call up Bootland, It's pretty clear they weren't going to sign him anyway.

I'd rather Mowers sit in the pressbox than Bootland. Let Darryl beat up on AHLers for a while. If there is a need for a call up in the lower lines by all means call him up. If there is a need for a call up on the upper lines management is itching to get Hudler up to Detroit.

peace

I'd rather Mowers sit in the pressbox than Bootland. Let Darryl beat up on AHLers for a while. If there is a need for a call up in the lower lines by all means call him up. If there is a need for a call up on the upper lines management is itching to get Hudler up to Detroit.

peace

True, i just hope he gets a shot.

I can't see Booter getting called up before Hudler. Hudler is scoring like a mad man and Bootland isn't. Hudler is a superior skater, puck handler, and play maker. Bootland is only good at trading punches with middle weights and chasing bunnies. He needs to develope his skating and passing before he gets any real permanent time in the NHL.

True Rob, but Booter would fill a very different kind of need than Hudler. It's situational. I'm (obviously by my sig) very in favor of seeing Booter get his time in this year, he deserves it. Hell, he's already proven he can hang with 22 games in Detroit 03-04.

I'd be more than happy to see Bootland get a shot ahead of Mowers.

Mowers is a solid enough player to fill in on the 4th line, but he doesn't really bring anything to the table. Bootland may not be the most talented guy out there, but at least he brings something to the team: toughness and an agressive edge.

I was and am still baffled they signed Mowers -- there is nothing about him that stands out except mediocraty (sp). Bootland is a gamer and I think Babcock could get him to lay off the spazzing out too. He is a very good hitter on the forecheck and has upside skillwise. I say why not. Cleary is getting press and I don't understand -- sure he can spell on the PK but he looks like Paul Woods, a total waste of mobility. I'd replace Cleary with Bootland in a heartbeat and Mowers would be in Europe right now.

Thank the CBA giving everyone credit for 82 GP last year for contract purposes, thereby activating a player option on Mowers' contract.