• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Mark Bell

Rate this topic

If Chicago continues to crap all over themselves, I say let's make an attempt to acquire Mark Bell, he's a FA after this year, and I think Chicago is having money issues with the Bullin contract. He's worth a pick and a prospect, no?

Are there any signs he and the Hawks don't get along? I'd think he'd be one of the few pieces of that wreck that they might try to hang on to.

peace

No real signs, but he may command a biger salary and Chicago may not be able to accomdate him because of their cap troubles. They are also only drawing about, at most, 10,000 fans to the games, they are a pathetic franchise. They may have their usual firesale come deadline time

bell would solve our power foward problem and might even play right wing for us, if he can do that he'd be very valuable down the stretch. Personally the hawks are looking like there trying to unload the first team stupid enough to take on khabulaint and when they do there going to need a goalie. While we have a prospect tearing up the swede elite leauge he's a bit long in the tooth for a prospect so i'd gladly deal him and a 4 rd pick for bell.

Bell is in an identity crisis as a player but will end up making headlines with his tenacity (sp) by seasons end. Guys, don't forget that teams do use the media to send a message to players. Bell is not leaving Chicago. Man, there are some stupid rumors going around...

I never said it was a rumor, I said we should inquire about him. The Hawks have salary issues and he's a free agent, why not see what it'd take?

I like the guy too, but feel Chicago will improve as the season goes on. I don't forsee a fire sale there. St. Louis on the other hand...

I like the guy too, but feel Chicago will improve as the season goes on. I don't forsee a fire sale there. St. Louis on the other hand...

and serouisly who the hell is left there you would even look at? Weight? Ole fata$$ Chuck? No thanks...any other Blue? No thanks. That team doesn't just need the 2006 number 1 pick, they need all 30.

and serouisly who the hell is left there you would even look at? Weight? Ole fata$$ Chuck? No thanks...any other Blue? No thanks. That team doesn't just need the 2006 number 1 pick, they need all 30.

Barnsey,

Heard a rumor that Jackman is available, the NY Rangers are offering just Poti for him. Can you imagine that? Get on the phone and see what it'd take, guy is tough, Calder Trophy winner (over Zetterberg) and young. Man, I'd love to see him in a Wings uniform....

Barnsey,

Heard a rumor that Jackman is available, the NY Rangers are offering just Poti for him. Can you imagine that? Get on the phone and see what it'd take, guy is tough, Calder Trophy winner (over Zetterberg) and young. Man, I'd love to see him in a Wings uniform....

Hey B52, was that rumor posted by Vinny DaRangfan? That would be equivelant to Oates for Federko -- I'd give them more than Poti (who stinks). laugh.gif

Barnsey,

Heard a rumor that Jackman is available, the NY Rangers are offering just Poti for him.  Can you imagine that?  Get on the phone and see what it'd take, guy is tough, Calder Trophy winner (over Zetterberg) and young.  Man, I'd love to see him in a Wings uniform....

Hey B52, was that rumor posted by Vinny DaRangfan? That would be equivelant to Oates for Federko -- I'd give them more than Poti (who stinks). laugh.gif

I have no idea...here's the link though

http://insidethecode.blogspot.com/

Edited by Barnes52

Barnsey,

No way. Even if Jackman is available, he'll fetch much more than Poti. Poti is virtually unmovable unless the Rangers eats some of his 2+M contract. Poti has been a scratch for several games this year.

That's what I think, keep this in mind though, we have a nice problem, we have young players who are ready to play in the NHL right now, and are cheap, it still would be a wise move for Holland to play a call to Pleau and see what they can do. Lebda may be expendible, but Quincey is ready, Meech?

Edited by Barnes52

That's what I think, keep this in mind though, we have a nice problem, we have young players who are ready to play in the NHL right now, and are cheap, it still would be a wise move for Holland to play a call to Pleau and see what they can do. Lebda may be expendible, but Quincey is ready, Meech?

Read on Spectors that representatives from Detroit were seen when the Maple Leafs played the Caps. Earlier reports mention a possible scouting of Biron in Buffalo. Lewis has also been seen at Devils' games. Sounds like Detroit is taking a look around. Detroit dealing with Chicago or St. Louis is less likely though, since they're division rivals. It will be interesting to see if St. Louis will make an effort to rebuild if things continue like this.

Read on Spectors that representatives from Detroit were seen when the Maple Leafs played the Caps. Earlier reports mention a possible scouting of Biron in Buffalo. Lewis has also been seen at Devils' games. Sounds like Detroit is taking a look around. Detroit dealing with Chicago or St. Louis is less likely though, since they're division rivals. It will be interesting to see if St. Louis will make an effort to rebuild if things continue like this.

True bud, but if St Louis continues to tank, you never know..remember we got Chelios from Chicago, so at the end of the day, teams will deal with whoever can get them the best deal.

True bud, but if St Louis continues to tank, you never know..remember we got Chelios from Chicago, so at the end of the day, teams will deal with whoever can get them the best deal.

Good point, but Jackman will fetch more interest from other teams than Chelios did. Colin White of the Devils might be available. Langenbrunner still interests me also. Far fetched, but still.

Edited by RyanBarnes!