• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Barnes52

Mark Bell

Rate this topic

Good point, but Jackman will fetch more interest from other teams than Chelios did.

for sure.....but with the salary cap, teams may not be able to get involved. Keep in mind that Brendan Witt will also take teams attention.

Someone like Witt or Colin White would be sweet.

I had really been pushing for Witt when Holland said he wanted to sign a physical defenceman this past summer. But instead, Kenny goes out and signs Lilja and Delmore. huh.gif I think Brendan Witt's hefty contract (I think it's well over 1 million dollars) will keep him away from Detroit.

Personally, I wouldn't mind Mark Bell at all. Chicago has a lot of young power forwards don't they? It'd be nice for Detroit to pick up a young player who is physical with offensive potential, since we seem to be lacking those kind of prospects right now. I would imagine Hudler could serve as trade bait, but I'd absolutely hate sending him to another team within the division, only to see him possibly turning into an offensive star.

*Sigh* If only Mowers had trade value.

J-Swift,

How about also trading Derek Meech and Lilja for Matt Walker, the St Luis Blues D-Man. He's physical, will fight anyone but he's not a goon....along with trying to pry Bell out of Chicago's hands.

J-Swift,

How about also trading Derek Meech and Lilja for Matt Walker, the St Luis Blues D-Man. He's physical, will fight anyone but he's not a goon....along with trying to pry Bell out of Chicago's hands.

At this point I would trade Lilja for Anders Eriksson or Jason York, or any other guy the Wings threw out in the past ten years.

J-Swift,

How about also trading Derek Meech and Lilja for Matt Walker, the St Luis Blues D-Man.  He's physical, will fight anyone but he's not a goon....along with trying to pry Bell out of Chicago's hands.

Lilja's unusually high plus/minus would certainly give him some trade value, but I doubt Kenny wants to mess with a winning lineup right now. It's pretty clear that this team could use another young, physical d-man. In the majority of games this season, the Wings have gotten outhit. It's not a major problem right now at all, but it could be at some point down the road.

Even still, I wanted Brendan Witt. sad.gif

J-Swift,

I would do this trade every day of the week B52, the Wings have plenty of good young D men, so Meech would be no great loss.

I would love to see the Wings pick up Mark Bell. We've got plenty of talented little guys, but we could really use a young talented big guy. Bell is playing really well lately though, so it might be an idea to wait until he cools off before making a move for him. I'm not sure what it would take to get him either. There has been a lot of talk about them wanting to dump Khabibulin, so perhaps if we offered them a prospect goalie (Liv, McDonald, MacIntyre, etc.) and a pick, they may be willing to trade?

I would love to see the Wings pick up Mark Bell. We've got plenty of talented little guys, but we could really use a young talented big guy. Bell is playing really well lately though, so it might be an idea to wait until he cools off before making a move for him. I'm not sure what it would take to get him either. There has been a lot of talk about them wanting to dump Khabibulin, so perhaps if we offered them a prospect goalie (Liv, McDonald, MacIntyre, etc.) and a pick, they may be willing to trade?

i agree, i think if anything we're going to trade more goalie prospects than D prospects. With fisch out indefinatly (maybe forever sad.gif ) We're gonna need to hang on to our prospects on D. Chicago probably needs some goalies in there system.

What would make Chicago want another goalie after signing Bulin? I know Bulin's been sucking it up, but I don't think they want to trade for another one right now. Bell would look good in a Winged Wheel, but I think that the wings are pretty set on forwards. I like that you guys are thinking of Jackman from the St. Louis Blues. I know NN doesn't like what we all say, but now I'm joining the club. We could give the Blues Hudler and a 3rd or 4th round pick for Jackman. Jackman is a good physical defensman that would really fit in with Detroit's system. But we really shouldn't trade any of our goalies in Detroit or in Grand Rapids.

What would make Chicago want another goalie after signing Bulin? I know Bulin's been sucking it up, but I don't think they want to trade for another one right now. Bell would look good in a Winged Wheel, but I think that the wings are pretty set on forwards. I like that you guys are thinking of Jackman from the St. Louis Blues. I know NN doesn't like what we all say, but now I'm joining the club. We could give the Blues Hudler and a 3rd or 4th round pick for Jackman. Jackman is a good physical defensman that would really fit in with Detroit's system. But we really shouldn't trade any of our goalies in Detroit or in Grand Rapids.

thumbup.gif I was told in another thread that I needed to get a grip on reality for mentioning him biggrin.gif

It'd be nice for Detroit to pick up a young player who is physical with offensive potential, since we seem to be lacking those kind of prospects right now.

thumbup.gif god damn right. mad.gif

biggrin.gif Jackman?? Now that I would do, no doubt. Will it happen? No. Nice thought though........

Allow me to respomd to the two key parts of your post:

1 - Why would the 'Hawks want to trade for another goalie? Well, apparently (from what I have read), the 'Hawks aren't exactly thrilled with their big off-season investment. Things may have changed recently, but everything that I have read so far through the seasons indicates that the 'Hawks would be more than willing to pick up the phone if someone wanted to call them about Khabibulin's availability. Considering that they're not too happy with The Wall, they will most likely be interested in adding some depth to the goalie position, so that if they do get the chance to move Khabibulin, then they will have some guys waiting in the wings. So far, all they have in the pipeline as a goalie is some guy named Corey Crawford. I don't know much about him, but even if he's predicted to be good, they could use the depth. That's where we come in. We have Joey MacDonald, Drew MacIntyre, Jimmy Howard, Stefan Liv and Logan Koopmans all in the system. We have too many young goalies, they don't have enough. You do the math. Also, we've advocated giving them pick(s) as well, and the 'Hawks appear to be interested in building a young team through the draft, so some pick(s) may be appealing to them too.

2 - We are pretty set with our forwards. We have a lot of scoring forwards at the moment. You are correct in saying that. However, how many big, young, scoring power forwards do we have? Very few, if any. That's why we need someone like Bell. Sure, we have plenty of scorers, but they are all little guys, and we need someone with some size who can get to the front of the net and score to compliment the little guys we have. Sure, we do need defensive help, but that's not what this thread is about. We can address our defensive weaknesses at another time. This isn't about our blue-liners, it's about our need for size and power up front.

And while you're at it, take Jim Vandermeer too. wink.gif

I'd take Mark Bell and Bredan Witt and be happy.... cool.gif Barnesy-see how Lacouture is playing for the Bruins? He's on their fourth line and has won big against guys like Domi and Wiemer in fights. Has as many goals as Draper and Cleary also, in less games. Too bad Detroit couldn't find a spot for him

I'd take Mark Bell and Bredan Witt and be happy.... cool.gif Barnesy-see how Lacouture is playing for the Bruins? He's on their fourth line and has won big against guys like Domi and Wiemer in fights. Has as many goals as Draper and Cleary also, in less games. Too bad Detroit couldn't find a spot for him

Bell and Witt works for me too!

Well, LaCouture never got a real shot in Detroit. He was stuck on a line with minor leaguers in the preseason. Had he gotten a chance to play with Franzen and Draper from the beginning he might have done more. Still Holland's excuse is a joke, saying that LaCouture did everything that was expected from him but that he chose a player for use in PP. Right, when is Cleary gonna play PP?! At least Holland could've been honest about it; "I prefer to keep my team soft". mad.gif

Thanks TNBT, but I really wasn't looking and asking for a life lesson there. I'm very glad that you were able to fill me in though, because I didn't know how crappy the Blackhawks goaltender position in their minors was that bad. But in all reality of the new league, their's now way in hell to get Bulin. He's too much. It would put us over the cap, and unlike the Yankees, the NHL doesn't have a luxury system. And you know, I know that the goaltender poistion sucks for them. I'm not doing the math worth s*^t though, because I'm too lazy to look into what you said. But also understand this TNBT, the Blackhawks go through goalies like the Miami Dolphins go through running backs and the Chicago Bears go through quarterbacks. Just to many people going through that franchise for one position in recent years. And don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that you filled me in on the facts, because I seriously didn't know. Bulin's not coming, and for now, that's fine with me. I reather wait till the off-season free agency period to get a goalie if the Wings do.

Thanks TNBT, but I really wasn't looking and asking for a life lesson there. I'm very glad that you were able to fill me in though, because I didn't know how crappy the Blackhawks goaltender position in their minors was that bad. But in all reality of the new league, their's now way in hell to get Bulin. He's too much. It would put us over the cap, and unlike the Yankees, the NHL doesn't have a luxury system. And you know, I know that the goaltender poistion sucks for them. I'm not doing the math worth s*^t though, because I'm too lazy to look into what you said. But also understand this TNBT, the Blackhawks go through goalies like the Miami Dolphins go through running backs and the Chicago Bears go through quarterbacks. Just to many people going through that franchise for one position in recent years. And don't get me wrong, I'm really happy that you filled me in on the facts, because I seriously didn't know. Bulin's not coming, and for now, that's fine with me. I reather wait till the off-season free agency period to get a goalie if the Wings do.

And while you're at it, take Jim Vandermeer too. wink.gif

Mark Bell, Jim Vandermeer along with Dave Bolland and Michael Blunden

so thats

Bell - C/LW

Bolland - C

Blunden - RW

and

Vandermeer - D

for

who?

1st round in 06

Hudler - C

what about Joey MacDonald - G (don't they need goalie help?)

I dunno how we'd be able to make the cap space for Bell and Vandermeer.

so thats

Bell - C/LW

Bolland - C

Blunden - RW

and

Vandermeer - D

for

who?

1st round in 06

Hudler - C

You're dreaming. We'd have to move guys we don't want to move for that kind of package.

peace

so thats

Bell - C/LW

Bolland - C

Blunden - RW

and

Vandermeer - D

for

who?

1st round in 06

Hudler - C

Kenny should have drafted Blunden from the start like I said. sly.gif