• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sergei Fedorov91

Detroit Lions

Rate this topic

Year after year, the Detroit Lions f#$# everything up. We got a coach who calls screen plays on 3rd and long. Our number two pick, Charles Rodgers dosen't give a damn. I laugh at his comments during his college days when he was like 'i'm going to the nfl for my kid'. Obviously he is literally doing that, just collecting the paycheck. What kind of f-ing crap was he pulling at practice? Get the hell off the team so we can use your money on WR"s who give a damn, like Scotty Vines. Go away and smoke your drugs. What kind of crap is Roy Williams pulling by arguing with Mariucci. We got a mini T.O on our hands. It's sad when our best player is Scotty Vines. I applaud his effort, but we are completley screwed if he is providing our best offensive threat. I think it's time for a completle makeover, from Matt Millen to the coach, to our offensive players. Get some other players while they MIGHT be worth a damn.

What will it matter? Millen and Mooch are at the helm...whatever they do will be stupid and will not work.

Obviously I'm hoping they'll both be fired as well.

Yes, even though the Lions are crummy. Michael Vick will be on too. And who knows, the Lions might pull one off rolleyes.gif

OK will do. Let's just hope they put in a good performance, because I'm going to lose a lot of sleep over them! tongue.gif

The Lions have two major problems that prevent them from success.

Number one is the lack of a capable offensive line, and the failure of Millen to address this weakness.

Number two is the continued attempt to use the West Coast Offense, even though the team's personnel are much more suited to a deep passing game.

Number two is obviously far easier to rectify. Change the offensive scheme to one the Lions haven't used in my lifetime, and they WILL succeed. the defense is one of the better units in the league, a truly threatening passing game combined with Jones and Schlesinger rushing? Pretty dangerous at worst, conference champions with a good run.

I have never seen a game of NFL and the Lions are on Foxtel tomorrow. Should I watch it?

It's not so much as watch a Lions game as it is to suffer through it. As for Millen and Mooch. I think Mooch would be fine if Millen left town. We need a good Football and Baseball lockout turn the Lions and Tigers around.................Wait I know the problem it's the damn Animal names. time to rename both teams! Pistons winning not an Animal. Redwings winning not an Animal. Change the name of the Lions to the Detroit Fusion and the Tigers to the Redbats.

It's not so much as watch a Lions game as it is to suffer through it. As for Millen and Mooch. I think Mooch would be fine if Millen left town. We need a good Football and Baseball lockout turn the Lions and Tigers around.................Wait I know the problem it's the damn Animal names. time to rename both teams! Pistons winning not an Animal. Redwings winning not an Animal. Change the name of the Lions to the Detroit Fusion and the Tigers to the Redbats.

No.

That's perhaps the STUPIDEST suggestion regarding thos two teams I have EVER heard.

Glad you weren't serious wink.gif

Harrington was actually throwing the ball pretty good. Maybe Mooch put Garcia in to try to spark something as the announcer said. I wouldn't be suprised to see JH back in the second half. Neither qb is going to get anything done with this o-line, they are so inconsistent. Harrington had plenty of time on sunday in the pocket and now they (Garcia and JH) don't and Atlanta doesn't have that good of a pass rush outside of Kerney.

The problem with Garcia is he tries to do too much, he was moving the offense real good there for a minute and then third down came and he tried to be like Vick. When Garcia is patient I think he moves the offense better. I thought he was going to at least get a field goal out of that drive, guess not.

Why even put Garcia in? What did Mooch expect him to be able to do?

ugh.

Harrington definitely wasn't the problem. The Lions continue to be their own worst enemy.

Why do they have to be down by 20 points before they start taking shots downfield?

When will the blame finally get far enough up where it belongs, on Millen's shoulders?

The best thing I saw out of the Lions all day was the old clip of Barry Sanders running.

ugh.

Harrington definitely wasn't the problem. The Lions continue to be their own worst enemy.

Why do they have to be down by 20 points before they start taking shots downfield?

And why don't they have Harrington in? he's a MUCH better deep passer than Garcia. Garcia is a better scrambler.

The Lions need to use the long ball QB for the long passes and the short s**t scrambler for the short ones!! DAMN!

how can you run the ball only 12 times with jones, bryson, and pinner?

blink.gif  crazy.gif

Exactly. Why the HELL isn't Mooch getting Jones 20+ touches a game, at LEAST! The man needs TIME to get his game going. He isn't going to roll over the defensive line with eight stupid runs.

Garcia is f**king ridiculous, just throwing the ball up for grabs once or twice a game; it's a miracle we haven't been burned by that one yet. I'm not talking about INTs either--I mean throwing the ball as high as he can (STRAIGHT UP!) and seeing who comes down with it.

Whatever. Typical Lions football.

EDIT: Excuse me, I meant to say: "He isn't going to roll over the defensive line with four stupid runs." Unbelievable. I know how horrible it is to average eight yards per carry, but the least Steve-o could do would be to get him into double digits. rolleyes.gif

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Well thanks Lions, you made me lose a lot of sleep tongue.gif

Here’s my tale. It was 4:00 am and I turned on the game. I had never seen a game of NFL in my life. I’ve never really understood the sport so I’ve always given it an unfair stick but as Detroit were on I thought I would give it a go.

I can’t understand some of the aspects of the game, but I am willing to learn. This is my perception of the game, keeping in mind that I didn’t watch it all and I had pretty much no idea what was going on!

From what I saw, I thought the Lions defense was quite good. They blocked many attempts by the opposition. However when it came their turn on offence, they continuously stuffed it up. I thought the much maligned Joey Harrington was reasonably solid, he made some excellent passes. However the main problem was that there was never anyone for him to pass it to. The offence looked stagnant. Another major problem was their inability to keep possession, they turned it over far too often.

So there we have it, the first game of NFL I have ever seen.

Guest Boss

My sources have informed me that Mooch will be fired, and it might be a matter of hours. From what they have heard, Millen is just waiting for the Fords to sign off on it. So, take it for what it's worth, but, if what they are saying is true, Mooch, is not going to be the coach next week.

My sources have informed me that Mooch will be fired, and it might be a matter of hours. From what they have heard, Millen is just waiting for the Fords to sign off on it. So, take it for what it's worth, but, if what they are saying is true, Mooch, is not going to be the coach next week.

awesome...hopefully if mooch gets fired then that means tollner is out the door soon as well. too bad millen is sticking around though...

Your Sources and My sources should get together......

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...showtopic=31601

Guest Boss
Your Sources and My sources should get together......

http://www.letsgowings.com/forums/index.ph...showtopic=31601

Maybe they should, but trust me, I didn't hear this on the radio as I live in Scottsdale. But, what I can tell you is that there has been talks of not only Jauron taking over for the season, but maybe even Matt Millen taking over coaching duties.

As a former college player with many old college team-mates in the league I hear s**t a lot. A lot of it never comes to fruition, but this one looks like it has some validity.