• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#21 asmith18

asmith18

Grinder

• Gold Booster
  • 1,708 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 10:30 AM

Legace for sure, he earned it and to hope that Ozzie will be on come playoff time, is just a guess. I know Ozzie is still recovering, so ppl should give him a chance, but look how great Manny has been.
LET'S GO RED WINGS!!!!!!!!

#22 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 11:51 AM

QUOTE (Never Forget Mac #25 @ November 11, 2005 - 11:28AM)
QUOTE (Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) @ November 11, 2005 - 11:14AM)

What makes anyone on here think that Manny cant do it?

Please, let me know

I like this statement. Ozzie was an unknown before he won the cup. Now it seems like a lot of Ozzie supporters use the fact that he's won it once before as the base of their arguement. Manny will be an unknown too, until he wins the cup. It's time to give him that chance.

No, Ozzie supporters use the fact that he HAS won to debunk claims that he CAN'T win.

Osgood was also not an unknown before he won it...Osgood was a three-time All-Star with 132 wins and 20 shutouts. He also had a Second Team selection that should have been a First Team, as well as being runner-up up for the Vezina (should have won it)

He had also led the league in wins and GAA.

Osgood was SIGNIFICANTLY more accomplished in 98 than Legace is now.

Hell, after 95-96 Osgood had done more in his career than Legace has done with another ten years.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#23 haroldsnepsts

haroldsnepsts

"Classy"

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 16,909 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:43 PM

QUOTE (Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot) @ November 11, 2005 - 10:14AM)
Ok, that game can be played both ways

All Redwings goalies that have the CONSISTANCY(sp?) to start in the playoffs, please step forward...

Wait Osgood, How many soft goals have you allowed in the playoffs?
I can count quite a few, in fact more than most goaltenders out there
You CANNOT let in a goal from the blueline in a PLAYOFF game.
You SHOULD NOT be 10 feet out of your crease as you watch the puck go in.

Osgood's shaky history in the playoffs should make him just as much as a question mark in goal as Manny is, just because Manny has never really had the chance to prove himself

What makes anyone on here think that Manny cant do it?

When has he ever played as inconsistant as Osgood?

Please, let me know

So Manny's lack of a track record is an asset?

You do know that Manny and Ozzy are the same age, don't you?

When Osgood was playing his first playoff games in 1994, Manny had just made the jump to the AHL.

When Osgood won the Stanley Cup as the starting goaltender in 1998, Manny made the big jump to the IHL.

So you're saying Osgood is worse because he let in some shaky goals in an NHL playoff games years ago, and Manny's better because he hasn't, though it's because he was busy tending goal in the AHL and IHL?

Osgood has played consistent enough to start the playoffs. (remember the aforementioned Stanley Cup he won?)

I'm sure you can count more than a few softies Osgood has let it, and they were heartbreakers. how long ago was that? How many other goalies have you watched play as many games?

Osgood's "shaky history" is a couple isolated moments from years ago. When's the last time you've watched him in the playoffs?

I never said Manny can't do it. But Manny played inconsistent in his last game, though because it was Manny, none of the goals were his fault. If it were Ozzy in net, people would be saying he should've stopped all those goals.

And for the record, and for the millionth time, I don't think Manny is bad or Osgood is great. But if Ozzy plays well this season, he's the guy I would want in net in the playoffs.

And for the millionth time, I just think it's odd how much credit Manny gets for doing very little, and how little credit Ozzy gets for winning the Cup.

It's not worth arguing anymore, because you're too biased towards Legace to objectively rate their performances.

Edited by haroldsnepsts, 11 November 2005 - 12:44 PM.

#24 Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Manny>Ozzie(by a long shot)

Starting Goaltender

• PipPipPipPip
  • 850 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 03:08 PM

Again, for the BILLIONTH time...

Why not play Legace in the playoffs if he is doing better than Osgood???

Just because Osgod has a resume doesnt mean that he plays like that every year

We have all seen that he is less than consistant

Detroit needs consistancy in net, and I think the vast majority of this board feels that Legace can and will give consistancy

[ Image violated Forum Guidelines. Please use images sixed 400x100 pixels or smaller. ]

Just playin Chris, you know I love you!

lilja is an icelandic pony
lilja is an average high girl with blond hair and very sexy
lilja is about the sweetest kitten we have raised here
lilja is the comatose victim of a questionable accident

#25 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 04:56 PM

Looks like Legace by a long shot right now. I'll be curious to see what the threads say after this season is over.

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25, 11 November 2005 - 04:57 PM.

It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#26 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 05:28 PM

Legace 35-10. WOW.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#27 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:04 PM

manny
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#28 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 12 November 2005 - 03:06 PM

I bet Reem voted for Ozzie......
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#29 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:49 PM

3 weeks deep, and Manny is still got 80% of the votes. WOW.

#30 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 28 November 2005 - 05:50 PM

QUOTE (redwings1914 @ November 12, 2005 - 04:06PM)
I bet Reem voted for Ozzie......

I bet OsGod voted for Ozzie! biggrin.gif

#31 CelticWing34

CelticWing34

1st Line Sniper

• PipPipPipPip
  • 766 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 07:10 PM

I think Legace should be the starter. He's been way more solid so far this season.
B! E! L! L! I! S! S! I! M! O! What does that spell? Bellissimo! And what does it mean? Sooo beautiful!

user posted image

#32 BringDMacBack

BringDMacBack

Norris Nick Osgood Slappy if your not your banned too,

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 10:25 PM

I'm betting Osgood would get out voted by Howard at this point. But what do I know. I voted for.................

#33 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 30 November 2005 - 11:03 PM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ November 30, 2005 - 09:25PM)
I'm betting Osgood would get out voted by Howard at this point. But what do I know. I voted for.................

That's not even a contest. Logan Koopmans would probably give Osgood a run for his money on these boards.

peace

Posted Image

#34 labeau55

labeau55

The one and only

• PipPip
  • 376 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 10:46 AM

So far its looked as though Manny is the no 1. Osgood was even passed up by Babcock for Howard. Osgood is a good goalie. I will always defend that. But Legace has been solid and getting us wins and will most likely be no 1 for the most part of the season.

#35 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 11:44 AM

Manny Legace has earned and established himself as the starting goalie for this team.
Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#36 Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grinder

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:12 PM

This topic has showed up before I believe and its not gonna go away, but still Manny!

#37 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 07:33 PM

Yep, Legace hands down. Osgood is just too inconsistent at times.