• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Son of a Wing

Son of a Wing

London Lions Captain

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,582 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:09 PM

I record every game the wings play on my computer. Is there anyway to share these with people on LGW? Im not all that savvy with FTP stuff and setting up an upload. Anyone interested or wanna help please feel free to give your input.

Edited by Son of a Wing, 10 November 2005 - 11:10 PM.

"The leader must never close the gap between himself and the group. If he does, he is no longer what he must be. He must walk a tightrope between the consent he must win and the control he must exert."
Vince Lombardi

When asked who won, Babcock said, “Well it doesn’t really matter as long as you don’t lose. It’s like going bear hunting, you take a slow guy with you in case the bear is hungry.”

#2 Aussie_Wing

Aussie_Wing

Mursak

• Bronze Booster
  • 8,550 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:11 PM

I am very interested in getting a copy of those games, but I have no idea how to help!

Ken Holland: Hes (Mursak) a young guy, provides energy, can skate, hes a puck hound.

#3 bob_05

bob_05

Draftee

• 7 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:31 PM

I know that with TV shows people use Bittorrent. It's a type of P2P file sharing that will allow you to get chunks of the file from different people. It's different from standard P2P in the fact that it's not all located on one server but you are pulling down from multiple people who have the file. I know to get the file out there you need atleast one person to have the entire file.

That being said, I don't know all the specifics in regards to setting it up and getting it to work. I also don't know if there would be any issues of legal matters. Record and Movie companies are trying to go after people but it;s kinda hard with bit torrent being decentralized.

That is my suggestion and I am sure with a little search on Google, you can find the instructions on getting this setup. I have Center Ice and once I get my computer in Jan and build it I will be recording all the Wings games from there on out.

#4 daft_davy

daft_davy

hypnotic!

• PipPipPipPip
  • 811 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:38 PM

QUOTE (Son of a Wing @ November 11, 2005 - 12:09AM)
I record every game the wings play on my computer. Is there anyway to share these with people on LGW? Im not all that savvy with FTP stuff and setting up an upload. Anyone interested or wanna help please feel free to give your input.

isn't this kinda illegal?

not that i care... ph34r.gif

#5 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 10 November 2005 - 11:39 PM

I'm moving this to the Trading post for now (analogous to trading game tapes and all that), but I'm not sure how Matt feels with the legality issues of posting this on his site. It may disappear entirely.

peace

Posted Image

#6 zetterbergfan40

zetterbergfan40

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 250 posts

Posted 11 November 2005 - 12:55 PM

i would love to get a copy of some games

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users