• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Zaspod

Hasek Back?

Rate this topic

I want hasek to come back to Detroit. I Legace is doing great but i want Hasek back. He's my favorite player. With the way he is doing at Ottowa we could really stand to let Osgood go and get Hasek as the starter. biggrin.gif

No thanks, once was more than enough.

Not a fan of winning Stanley Cups I see. biggrin.gif

As for reacquiring Hasek, I think this would be highly unlikely. The Sens have obviously made a commitment to Hasek, and are hoping that he can return to an elite form and guide Ottawa to the Stanley Cup Final. There is basically nothing that Detroit has on its roster that Ottawa doesn't already have, so a trade would be near impossible.

I'd revise Eva's statement to something like this...

No thanks, Bringing him back once was more than enough...

However, I'm perfectly content with Manny and Ozzie in net. There's no team in the league that has a 1-2 punch like that, no matter who's starting. (That's discussion for another thread).

Edited by Jedi4Jesus

I want hasek to come back to Detroit. I Legace is doing great but i want Hasek back. He's my favorite player. With the way he is doing at Ottowa we could really stand to let Osgood go and get Hasek as the starter. biggrin.gif

Don't do drugs.

Not a fan of winning Stanley Cups I see. biggrin.gif

As for reacquiring Hasek, I think this would be highly unlikely. The Sens have obviously made a commitment to Hasek, and are hoping that he can return to an elite form and guide Ottawa to the Stanley Cup Final. There is basically nothing that Detroit has on its roster that Ottawa doesn't already have, so a trade would be near impossible.

I am a fan of wining Cups.

That's why I don't want a goalie who did his best the last time he was i nthe playoffs to NOT win the Cup.

At least now we have one guy who has won it and was a big part of that team's win, and another guy who has the talent (remains to be seen if he can stand the pressure)

That's why I don't want a goalie who did his best the last time he was i nthe playoffs to NOT win the Cup.

Hasek tried to not win the Cup in 2002? huh.gif

handing away two games to Vancouver, handing away games 4 and 5 to Colorado?

If that team had not been so RIDICULOUSLY dominant, the Wings probably would have lost in the first round the way Hasek played.

If that team had not been so RIDICULOUSLY dominant, the Wings probably would have lost in the first round the way Hasek played.

Yes, Hasek purposely handed over those games to the Nucks and Avs. laugh.gif

The only reason Dom wanted to come to Detroit was to win the Cup. He must've said it a thousand times.

Hasek handed away games 4 and 5 to Colorado in that series? What are you smoking? Whatever it is it's proabably some good s**t cause you are high if you make that statement.

I've seriously come to the conclusion that when talking about goalies, you are smoking crack while posting because half the stuff you say when comparing goalies makes very little sense and is insane.

I hate Hasek and it well documented, and I feel that his record breaking 2002 post season was vastly overrated, but he did bail us out a ton and is one of the best goalies ever. That being said, there is no possible way he ever comes back here, none, nada, zip, nathan, nope.

I hate Hasek and it well documented, and I feel that his record breaking 2002 post season was vastly overrated, but he did bail us out a ton and is one of the best goalies ever.  That being said, there is no possible way he ever comes back here, none, nada, zip, nathan, nope.

i'm gonna break from tradition and agree with heaton, he's one of the greatest goalies ever but he didn't do anything special in detroit that mike vernon or even chris osgood (oh boy,..let world war three comence) didn't do. Honestly he had a decent series against the avs (Even though game 7 was a joke,..and a funny one too, i hope your butthole still hurts roy) but against carolina i could have played goal and won that series.

Edited by theman19

i'm gonna break from tradition and agree with heaton, he's one of the greatest goalies ever but he didn't do anything special in detroit that mike vernon or even chris osgood (oh boy,..let world war three comence) didn't do. Honestly he had a decent series against the avs (Even though game 7 was a joke,..and a funny one too, i hope your butthole still hurts roy) but against carolina i could have played goal and won that series.

While I understand where you and Heaton are coming from, breaking the record for shutouts in the playoffs at the time has to count for something. Vancouver I'll admit with everybody else other than games 3 and 5 (don't really remember 4) he wasn't good but he was pretty solid against Colorado and St Louis minus that 6-1 blowout where we were on the losing side.

And eva, if Hasek handed game 5 away to Colorado that series, I guess that post that Brendan Shanahan hit with nearly a minute left in the 3rd period had NOTHING to do with the outcome and had very little chance of being the game winner if it went in.

Hasek who? if we are going to make a blockbuster goalie trade lets get Kippers. Atleast with Kippers he has a shot to go the distance, Where Dom should blow his groin out about game 81 and be out 6-8 weeks. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah as long as we are at it, I'd like McCarty back. Jimmy Carson and Steve Chassion to come out of retirement and join the wings again. Not to mention Dino and Kocur Maybe Dom's way back he can pick up Gordie and get Mick to drop the mike and strap the skates on. And hell as long as we have gone this far. I'd like Vladdy to play again too.

Edited by BringDMacBack

Hasek who? if we are going to make a blockbuster goalie trade lets get Kippers. Atleast with Kippers he has a shot to go the distance, Where Dom should blow his groin out about game 81 and be out 6-8 weeks. biggrin.gif

Oh yeah as long as we are at it, I'd like McCarty back. Jimmy Carson and Steve Chassion to come out of retirement and join the wings again. Not to mention Dino and Kocur Maybe Dom's way back he can pick up Gordie and get Mick to drop the mike and strap the skates on. And hell as long as we have gone this far. I'd like Vladdy to play again too.

The least plausible is probably Chaisson. He's sort of dead. Maybe Vladdy after that, but I'm starting to wonder if a corpse would be more effective than a man in a wheelchair. Poor Vlad, I wish that accident had never happened. We would've had #1 and #2 in Norris voting for the past 10 years.

Word,

LDi03

Hasek can stay in Ottawa. He screwed wings over one too many times and if they do get him back than shame on them. He used Detroit to get his one and only stanley cup and then put is in one hell of a goalie situation from that point one. He is nothing but trouble and it won't be long before he decides to screw over ottawa as well.

Keep him in Ottawa, where is no existant to the wings. Unless through some miracle they make it to the SCF in June!