• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hatcher#2

Wings Scouting Janne Niinimaa

Rate this topic

This is probably just general scouting for depth at the deadline rather than specifically scouting one player like Niinimaa (butchered that, I'm sure) with an eye to getting him in the near future.

They may not want Niinimaa, but they were looking at someone there....

true....just because the scouts were out, and Niinimaa is mentioned in the article, it doesn't necessarily add up to Wings interest in Niinimaa. Not a bad 3rd or 4th d-man, actually, Niinimaa, but he makes 1st or 2nd d-man money.....a no-no in the Brave New NHL.

I agree with Hatcher#2, I hope they scouted Asham.

If the Wings were there to scout a player, then Asham is the type of player that the Wings are lacking. He can hit, score and did i mention that he can scrap real good aswell. thumbup.gif

He got thrown out of practice of few days ago.  The coach said he was tired of "his b**ching and moaning".  I don't think him or his contract would fit.

Yeah, he also quit playing in our world cup-team(in the middle of the tournament)!!!

Edited by FinRedWing

If the Wings were there to scout a player, then Asham is the type of player that the Wings are lacking. He can hit, score and did i mention that he can scrap real good aswell. thumbup.gif

Unfortunately, the Islanders isn't deep in that category either. I doubt they'd be willing to give him up for cheap.

I don't see the point in why Holland whoud even want Niinimaa. The guy hasn't been the greatest since he can into the league, and a huge dissapointment, because we was thought highly of before breaking into the league with the Flyers. He was okay in Philadelphia, but was never what he was supposed to be. I think that's one of the reasons he was traded to Edmonton after only being in Philadelphia for only a year, but again, he wasn't really to impressive in Edmonton either. I think he got more credit than he deserved, and yeah, when a guy quits on his team in the olympics or whatever it was, he's not a guy worth having on your team at all. If we need a defenseman, Holland will be looking somewhere easy. There is no reason that he would want Niinimaa. I also don't see Niinimaa fitting in with our style of play.