• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

who should kenny try and get

Rate this topic

Historically we've always been very active at the deadline (some good some very very bad) i personally think we won't be as busy but i do think kenny is going to trade somebody (my money is on lilja who's been nothing short of awful) Who do you think kenny will trade (if he does) and for who?

-discuss

My choices?

Barrett Jackman or Matt Walker from St Louis, next would be a Mark Bell type. Ok, now I'll go back to sleep

I'm just trying to figure out why St. Louis or Chicago would trade inside the divison, regardless of contract positions.

I really would have like to see this SOMEHOW but..........

Mike Modano, but its impossible now......

More realistic, Mike Van Ryn, Impressive at Michigan, just hasn't found his niche in the NHL yet....Maybe here he will.

That Salei-scenario sounded nice. Him and Kronwall would be nice additions at the spring. But we will miss Jiri... sad.gif

I hope the guys will play this season for him. Everyone remebers 1998, even Andres Eriksson was brilliant then.

I still say Matt Walker from St Louis, Witt if possible ( we now have lots of depth in Grand Rapids) or Garnet Exelby yowza.gif That'd be ideal thumbup.gif

IMO, Witt is the better d-man, but Exelby's lower salary likely gives him a better chance of coming to the Wings.

Witt would be a soild addition, if we end up dealing with the Ducks I'd like to see something like this go down.

Wings Get:

Shane Hynes RW

Joel Stepp LW

Dustin Penner LW

Ruslan Salei D

Ducks Get:

3rd 2006 Rounder

Tomas Kopecky C

Michael Hackert LW

Miroslav Blatak D

Witt would be a soild addition, if we end up dealing with the Ducks I'd like to see something like this go down.

Wings Get:

Shane Hynes RW

Joel Stepp LW

Dustin Penner LW

Ruslan Salei D

Ducks Get:

3rd 2006 Rounder

Tomas Kopecky C

Michael Hackert LW

Miroslav Blatak D

If we didn't take anyone out of the lineup, I believe that trade would put us over the cap, although it is interesting. I'm sure Kopecky might have some trade value after being impressive so far this season in the AHL, and I, unlike Kenny, have given up on him, so I have no problem with moving Tomas at all. Hackert, however, is struggling and Brian Burke certainly knows this. Blatak doesn't provide the physical presence this team may need in the future, and I think Kindl should be able to take over the role as offensive d-man in a couple of years, so I feel Miroslav is expendable. But it should be taken into consideration how weak this team is when it comes to defensive prospects before Blatak were to be shipped out.

Wings Get:

Shane Hynes RW

Joel Stepp LW

Dustin Penner LW

Ruslan Salei D

Ducks Get:

3rd 2006 Rounder

Tomas Kopecky C

Michael Hackert LW

Miroslav Blatak D

What's with the wholesale prospect swap?

peace

because our suck and have no size, theirs arn't spoiled yet, have size and have way more to offer than ours. It would be a great deal for us.

because our suck and have no size, theirs arn't spoiled yet, have size and have way more to offer than ours. It would be a great deal for us.

So we are trading Kopecky, the closest thing to a power forward prospect we have after Grigorenko, just as he is having a breakthrough in his game?

So we are trading Kopecky, the closest thing to a power forward prospect we have after Grigorenko, just as he is having a breakthrough in his game?

Simply because he's the closest thing to a powerforward in this organization, does not imply he will ever be one.

what on gods green earth are you talking about? Topocky power forward? You are off your rocker.

what on gods green earth are you talking about? Topocky power forward? You are off your rocker.

Well, there's no doubt Kopecky is a bit of a garbage prospect, who, IMO, should've been dumped a while ago. But if you look up and down our prospect pool, you will see that there are very few players that are any closer to even ressembling a power forward. Yeah, it's sad, I know.

Of course, there was that one guy we could've had in the second round this year. A guy who was ranked top ten in many draft previews, that absolutely lit it up in training camp, and has vastly improved the skating skills that caused his stock to drop in the draft. But I'm sure guys like Hudler will be able to fill the void left by Shanny in a couple of years.

J-Swift thank god we have some decent members like yourself at this forum...nice to catch a non-homer every now and then.

Edited by Seth

Well said, Seth.

rolleyes.gif

I though so. The fact that people here think Tomas Kopecky is a power forward is just crazy. Only and I repeat only in the Red Wings organization are players like Kopecky labeled as such. Any other organization would simply tag him again as a garabage underachiveing (sp) prospect. THe only players close to actually being a Power Forward for this organization in the NHL are Grigs and possibly and I mean possibly Filppula.

Guest youssp9

How about this:

Detroit Gets:

RW Trent Hunter

NY Islanders Get:

RW Mark Mowers

2007 3rd Round Pick