• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
theman19

luongo reportedly on the move

Rate this topic

Spectorhockey.net has an a rumor up about piere lacouix (i know i spelled that wrong) chomping at the bits trying to get luongo. It all started when mike keenan said that if his team can't pull it together soon he's going to have to make major changes to shake up his club. Going so far as to say he'd put luongo on the trading block to see what he'd be able to get. Luongo's agent then reportedly add fuel to all this by restating that his client will not resign with florida at the end of the year. Lastly before the season started rumors where flying that the avs where very very intrested in obtaining him, now that all this has started even more rumors are surfacing out of colorado.

I don't know about you but the last thing i wanna see is arugably the best goalie in the world (and a huge reason the panthers are even close to winning some games) in an avs uniform. I'm sure he makes quite a bit but i'd LOVE to have him here.

Edited by theman19

Colorado could do it, but theyd have to unload Tanguay and/or Hejduk, and Aebischer most likely.

aebischer from what i hear hasn't been very popular latly and tanguay/hejduk havn't done much this year (or not nearly as much as lapierrier) Where's one of our extremly polite (i'm not being sarcasitic either you guys surprise me) avs fan when you need one?

I highly doubt Florida would throw Luongo around at this point. Who the hell are they going to put in net when he's gone? McLennan? Hah!

I would like to see him moved though. It sucks seeing such an awesome player waste his prime years laboring for a crap team like Florida.

aebischer from what i hear hasn't been very popular latly and tanguay/hejduk havn't done much this year (or not nearly as much as lapierrier) Where's one of our extremly polite (i'm not being sarcasitic either you guys surprise me) avs fan when you need one?

Yeah but theyre not gonna trade Sakic and why would Florida want an aging Blake for a young but elite goalie?

It would have to be one or two of Liles, Tanguay, Hejduk, or Aebischer.

Yeah but theyre not gonna trade Sakic and why would Florida want an aging Blake for a young but elite goalie?

no no, i'm agreeing with you! two of those 3 guys are going i'm sure.

It would have to be one or two of  Liles, Tanguay, Hejduk, or Aebischer.

no no, i'm agreeing with you! two of those 3 guys are going i'm sure.

oh oh oh, I thought you were sayin Florida wouldnt want em.

I couldn't see Florida doing this.......Kinda like throwing away the future....

Well theyre not going to "throw it away" for nothing. They will have to get something good and YOUNG for it to happen.

Aebischer and Tanguay is the likely pairing.

Aebischer because Florida would need a goalie.

Tanguay because he is viewed by many as a 'secondary' player in the Avs system and that his numbers are inflated by his teammates. Regardless of this view, he is an exceptional young player.

The Avs would also need to free up a decent chunk of salary and Tanguay would be the easiest way, as Florida won't be going for Blake (too old and expensive) or Brisebois (Florida would need a defensive defenseman, they already have Van Ryn, Bouwmeester, Krajicek, and Sean Hill as better than average offensive defensemen.

If a defenseman gets included also, it will be either Liles (with Hill or someone else going the other way as well) or one of the defensive guys (Kurt Sauer, Bob Boughner, and Karlis Skrastins.)

If Luongo actually ends up getting shipped off to the Avs I see the deal going down as follows:

To Avs:

Luongo - G

Huselius - LW

Anthony Stewart - RW

Matt Duffy - D

To Panthers:

Wojtek Wolski - LW

Ossi Vaananen - D

Tanguay - LW/C

Aebischer - G

seems like a hell of a great fair trade for both teams.

Edited by Seth

If Luongo actually ends up getting shipped off to the Avs I see the deal going down as follows:

To Avs:

Luongo - G

Huselius - LW

Anthony Stewart - RW

Matt Duffy - D

To Panthers:

Wojtek Wolski - LW

Ossi Vaananen - D

Tanguay - LW/C

Aebischer - G

seems like a hell of a great fair trade for both teams.

Take out stewart and wolski.

Florida isn't dealing their top prospect, and colorado has no reason to put in wolski if stewart is out of the deal because they have already thrown in tanguay and aebischer

The score is reporting that Vancouver is offering Jovonovski, Cloutier for Luongo and Hill.

Either they're just upping the stakes to get the Avs to pay more, or they're making a real push for Roberto. If I were Nonis, I'd offer:

Jovo, Cloutier, Schnieder(G), {Ellis-Plante(G), Bieksa(D), Mozjis(D), Raymond(LW)}, 3rd-2006

for

Luongo, Hill and try to pry J-bo from them too.

I could see Keenan being very interested in Kevin Bieksa, he's a late round gem that had was an all-rookie last year in the AHL and is playing great this year. He's projected to be a Chris Chelios type of defenseman.

the nucks won't deal for Luongo, they cannot afford to and any person that tells you otherwise doesn't know jack about basic math.

Jovo's salary covers luongo's salary easily, especially if Cloutier who would most definately be going the other way is packaged.

do you honestly believe Kennan would trade Luongo for Jonv and Choke? Hell add in the Nucks best prospect and Iron Mike still wouldn't do it. Why would he? Luongo is arguably the best damn goaltender in the league. Money or not, he can get a whole hell of alot more on the market than that deal.

Right, Keenan would never make any ridiculous trades, he never traded Chelios for Savard. He's never gutted teams before when he feels like it, he didn't dismantle STL, VAN, or CHI ever. dry.gif

Iron Mike will gut and trade you even if your name is Gretzky for a bag of doritos if you get on his bad side. The Cats are on a 12game losing streak and the Keenan volcano is about to erupt.

Jovo is a Keenan player, and the ownership is reportedly telling Keenan to get him back. Mike also attended the game between Van and Chi.

hey pretty cool your a nucks fan on a wings board. Tell you what when your ready to talk hockey and not some Nucks fantasy pipe dream, then PM. Otherwise why don't you go play your xbox or something. Your choking AHL backup goalie and Jon for Luongo...christ you wish.

Guest youssp9

I would love to see Luongo in a Redwings uniform. But then we would have to trade someone like lang or shanahan along with osgood.