• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Son of a Wing

Anaheim not done trading.....

Rate this topic

First this is just a THEORY so no flamers please wink.gif

THE SCORE: reports Anaheim Mighty Ducks GM Brian Burke may not be done dealing in the wake of his shipping high-priced center Sergei Fedorov to the Columbus Blue Jackets. The site suggests veteran blueliner Ruslan Salei "could be sacrificed" if Burke decides to shop for a centre.

Ok so Anaheim dealt Sergei away for peanuts. It was a dump. Brian Burke has stated that he is not done dealing and would like to improve his team. With the loss of Fedorov that would leave anaheim with Rob Neidermeyer as their top centerman. They could definately use a Top flight centerman. Now i think Detroit would be a trade contender for we have an abundance of high quality centermen. -- Datsyuk, Lang, Zetterberg, Draper, Williams, Yzerman. They are all natural centermen although i would hardly call Yzerman a Top centerman anymore. Plus we have Franzen who has proved himself and Hudler coming up next year.

They need a proven scoring center so that narrows it down to Lang, Zetterberg or Datsyuk. Since I dont see Detroit moving D or Z I wouldnt be surprised to see Lang go. Especially since he hasnt quite been the dominant force we all thought he would be SO FAR. Not sayin he wont be. Just sayin our forward corps could survive without him.

Now what would Detroit want back? Well what are their biggest weakness'? I think most would agree at this point in the season it has been lack of toughness and Defence. Some may say goaltending recently but i'll stick with toughness and defence. So since Burke has been stated saying Salei could be offered up I think it fits great. Have them throw in a draft pick or say somelike Mcdonald

I think it would overall improve our team. Plus salei is Cheaper and younger.

Possible Line Up:

Shanahan Datsyuk Williams

Samuelson Zetterberg Holmstrom

Maltby Draper Yzerman

Cleary Franzen Mcdonald/Sykora/Fedoruk/Hedstrom

Lidstrom Salei

Schneider Fischer

Wooley Chelios/Lilja/Lebda Plus add Knonwall to that when hes back......

We would have to waive mowers or trade him or just get rid of the guy. he makes everything so complicated.

Let me know what you think

Burke said he wants speed. Lang isnt speedy, and I dont think Detroit is willing to give up on him yet--and why would they? 17 points in 21 games is not bad at all.

Oh no Im not saying Lang has done bad hes definately putting up points. But Center is where we are by far the strongest and by what I said above I think its worth it for salei and something. We could really use a strong reliable defenceman who can log more minutes. We have the offencive dmen covered.

Lang's personal numbers are not stellar.

But look at his linemates' seasons. Shanahan is having his best year in half a decade, and Williams could go scoreless for the rest of the year and it would STILL be a career year.

Take Lang away from that line, can we be sure that they would be as effective?

Ruslan Salei would make a good fit in Detroit, but if you're going to give up Robert Lang for him, you better get a guy like Andy McDonald or a prospect like Tim Brent for him as well.

dude! i'd love mcdonald! he can play the wing if he needs to and has been one of the only bright spots on that team this year.

been one of the only bright spots on that team this year.

Indeed he has been, and Mike Babcock was quoted as calling him a younger form of Paul Kariya last season. I don't know if he's still going to be sticking by that sentiment, but we'll see.

Indeed he has been, and Mike Babcock was quoted as calling him a younger form of Paul Kariya last season. I don't know if he's still going to be sticking by that sentiment, but we'll see.

i don't know why but i just now remembered that babcock was there coach last time we played (duh,...) anyway that makes a trade to the ducks even more possible. These's are players he knows very well and would know which of them could help his current club the best.

i don't know why but i just now remembered that babcock was there coach last time we played (duh,...) anyway that makes a trade to the ducks even more possible. These's are players he knows very well and would know which of them could help his current club the best.

Yeah thats exactly what i was thinkin. PLus add our excess of centerman and our defence struggling i think its very possible. depends on if holland and/or babcock wants to shake things up. cause that would definately do it. Again its just a theory.

Edited by Son of a Wing

It's an interesting idea, but I'm not sure that Salei and McDonald are worth Lang.

As someone else said, Lang is having a decent year himself but has also been centering a line where his wingers have both had great years. I would hesitate to break up that sort of chemistry. McDonald would be nice, but as you said, we have plenty of centers already. He can play on the wing, but what we need up front is a power forward, not another little guy. I love the idea of getting Salei to add toughness and to fill the hole left by Fischer's injury, but I was thinking about trying to get him another way. Burke seems to be intent on getting cap space, and there is a lot of speculation that he is clearing space to be able to take on a contract of a scorer in a future trade. If we were to send them a draft pick and/or a prospect for Salei, it would take his salary off the books for them, allowing them to get a couple of million more in cap space to go after a scorer in another trade.

salei is the guy i want. Huge checker and exactly the kind of defensive pressence we need on our blue line. Now the intresting thing to consider is next year there are going to be a plithera of avaliable ufa D men of extreme high caliber. (chara being chief on my list) I Don't care who plays for detroit as long as he can hit the blue hell out of a guy like bertuzzi and can play decent in his own end.

I think we should wait until the summer to pick up a high salary/quality d-man.......

You gotta think Ottawa won't be able to keep both Chara AND Redden

drools,......chara,.............:dies:

Still, what's your beef with McDonald?

sorry Heaton but

1. No, yet again I will not have a flame war with you.

2. sorry but the answer is still no.

i hope tonites game against the sharks proved that we need some D right freaking now. our guys looked ancient and slow. Sure Matthew had a hat trick (my fantasy team thanks him btw) but everyone else (Except lids for most of the game) sucked,..and sucked horribly. If we wait till the deadline to get some guys we're barly going to make the playoffs.

i hope tonites game against the sharks proved that we need some D right freaking now. our guys looked ancient and slow. Sure Matthew had a hat trick (my fantasy team thanks him btw) but everyone else (Except lids for most of the game) sucked,..and sucked horribly. If we wait till the deadline to get some guys we're barly going to make the playoffs.

The total lack of physicality is disgusting -- gosh they are soft. Lidstrom is sucking big time all over and teams can camp out and whack away at the net against our defense. SICK!

The total lack of physicality is disgusting -- gosh they are soft. Lidstrom is sucking big time all over and teams can camp out and whack away at the net against our defense. SICK!

thank you! i'm glad i'm not the only one who noticed we gave up more than one over these last few games at guys just walking in. Our d can't move them! sicking