• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
TNBT

How fast is Hudler?

Rate this topic

I was just wondering if someone who gets a chance to see Hudler play could tell me a bit about how much speed the kid has?

The reason I ask is because I've read a lot of stuff here and in other places about how guys Hudler's size really need to have great speed to be effective (see: Martin St. Louis), and that Hudler will struggle in the NHL because he isn't fast.

However, I was playing NHL 2006 yesterday and I put Hudler at center on my 4th line, and I was shocked to see how quick he was. He was one of the fastest guys on the ice from the Wings and whichever team I played against, and he was able to create space between him and anyone chasing him. I know this is not realistic, but I thought if EA Sports has created Hudler to be that quick in the game, then maybe he is that quick in real life and I have gotten the wrong idea about him being slow.

Can someone tell me? Is he a quick little guy or is he slow?

So he's nimble and quick in bursts, but going end-to-end he wouldn't neccessarily be able to break away from chasing defensemen?

Two players I think of like that:

Pavel Datsyuk

Jaromir Jagr

Neither possess blazing end to end speed but both have great quickness and agility.

Two players I think of like that:

Pavel Datsyuk

Jaromir Jagr

Neither possess blazing end to end speed but both have great quickness and agility.

Both guys are at least 3-4 inches taller than Hudler. Also keep in mind that Hudler and Kopecky have big, aggressive forwards on their lines that give them a bit of room and get them the puck to create. Where are those types on Detroit? Outside of Franzen, of course.

Edited by Barnes52

Hudlers skating is his weakest asset IMO..aside from his size, of course. He has great hockey sense, so he knows where to be, and how to move the puck. He has shifty moves and good hands so he doesn't need to be fast. But I'd say overall his speed is average at best.