• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Red Kingdom

Lions Fire Mooch, maybe Millen

Rate this topic

My reasoning? Dre Bly shines on a s***ty team. If he wasnt on the Lions he wouldnt be that great.

I've read over and over in sports columns that he is one of the NFL's most overrated.

Well, you can apply that to Sanders as well...

Not really, because the fact that Sanders was on a s***ty team makes him even better. He had no protection due to a (similar to now) worthless o-line. On the other side of the ball it's totally different.

Your logic/understanding is completely flawed. To the point where it doesn't even make sense.

You claim Bly is over-rated becuase he is on a s***ty team. Barry Sanders was on a s***ty team, so using your logic Barry Sanders is also over-rated. There is no getting out of this.

How is it completely differen't on the other side of the ball? It's easy to make that claim, explain yourself.

WWJ radio Detroit (950AM) said this morning that they've heard Mooch will be fired, but not sure if it will be during the season or at the end. They said they've heard that they'll promote their Defensive Coordinator to the head coaching position. They were not sure if Millen's made his mind up whether to keep the DC as head coach for just the remainder of this season, or for the long-term.

That right there is proof that Millen needs to go. Why he would want to promote anyone within the org to lead it is baffling. Mr. Ford needs to clean house, starting with Millen and all the way through the coaching staff, then get rid of a lot of players. This season is lost. Work on building possibilities for next year, but start with a clean slate. I don't see that Millen has made one good decision yet.

and I, along with most people who have, think Bly is probably the best player on the Lions right now.

There, you just said it yourself. It's not that hard to be the best player on the Lions.

Your logic/understanding is completely flawed. To the point where it doesn't even make sense.

You claim Bly is over-rated becuase he is on a s***ty team. Barry Sanders was on a s***ty team, so using your logic Barry Sanders is also over-rated. There is no getting out of this.

How is it completely differen't on the other side of the ball? It's easy to make that claim, explain yourself.

No it does make sense.

The fact that Sanders had no protection from his o-line due to the fact that he was on a s***ty team means that he had to do all the work himself and was still able to be probably the best tailback in history.

Dre Bly, on defense, shines. The supposed "strong" Lions defense sucks. Bly looks good out there because of how bad the guys are hes playing with. It's always a solo job at DB, whereas success at half back is a total team effort.

Guest Boss
Your logic/understanding is completely flawed.  To the point where it doesn't even make sense.

You claim Bly is over-rated becuase he is on a s***ty team.  Barry Sanders was on a s***ty team, so using your logic Barry Sanders is also over-rated.  There is no getting out of this.

How is it completely differen't on the other side of the ball?  It's easy to make that claim, explain yourself.

No it does make sense.

The fact that Sanders had no protection from his o-line due to the fact that he was on a s***ty team means that he had to do all the work himself and was still able to be probably the best tailback in history.

Dre Bly, on defense, shines. The supposed "strong" Lions defense sucks. Bly looks good out there because of how bad the guys are hes playing with. It's always a solo job at DB, whereas success at half back is a total team effort.

It's nice to know that we now have a new village idiot..

Matt, we need that old picture back where you have the kid sitting in the corner with the cap on, cause we have the new owner right here.

Matt, we need that old picture back where you have the kid sitting in the corner with the cap on, cause we have the new owner right here.

Mature response. wink.gif

I mean, tell me I'm wrong using logic and I'll accept it but dont just label me as "the new village idiot" and leave.

Edited by ARice89

Guest Boss

Mature response. wink.gif

I mean, tell me I'm wrong using logic and I'll accept it but dont just label me as "the new village idiot" and leave.

Plain and simple, your logic is wrong in this situation, to the point that a response saying that you are the new village idiot is about all your going to get from me. You have already proven that you have no idea what you are talking about, but you think you are right, so why carry this converstion on any further? I mean, what you said is just wrong. Plain and simple.

The Lions have bad ownership, bad management, and a formerly-good-but-now-bad coach. Even if they fire Mariucci, if they don't can Millen it just doesn't matter. He is a bad GM - one of the worst in the NFL. There's not much you can do about bad ownership but not show up to games and hope they sell the team. I don't see that happening. A sad situation.

One of my good friends flew back to Michigan just to go to the Lions Thanksgiving day game - I feel bad for him to fly all that way to watch that garbage. Plus he gave up a Rolling Stones ticket for that night - what a mistake that was! ohmy.gif

Most importantly it doesn't matter who Dre Bly plays with it's WHO he plays AGAINST. Last time I checked defense was supposed to stop the offense. Now, it may have changed since Thursday but from what I remember about football that's how it goes. Bly goes against recievers, the best recievers on the opposite team, or the offense if you will, and he has no problem containing and stopping them. And he, as stated previously, would have had 6 picks on the season. You don't get 6 picks in a season with however many games left (quite a bit) and be overrated. The Lions defense is strong, I don't know what's in that pipe you are smoking but they are a very respectable 12th out of 32 NFL teams in terms of total defense.

You are forgeting that the Lions of Sanders era had a really good set of recievers, although they had no quarterback to get it to them. I don't think you are old enough to know that though wink.gif

And I don't know how many times you are going to make yourself look stupid:

"whereas success at half back is a total team effort."

"The fact that Sanders had no protection from his o-line due to the fact that he was on a s***ty team means that he had to do all the work himself and was still able to be probably the best tailback in history."

Well, you are not only contradicting yourself there but you are also stating that Sanders was in fact s***ty becuase the offense is a "team" effort (and he was on a s***ty team) but at the same time the best rb in league history.