• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Rice

Goalie move

Rate this topic

Thought this would make a good thread. Saw it in the "Howard to debut" thread.

A source in Grand Rapids has told me that Howard will soon be up with the Wings permanently. A trade is currently in the works involving one of our goalies, and it’s not Osgood. Although I don’t know how close a deal is to being done, I do know that the organization is confident in Howard as a back up this season, in preparation for starting next season. The only detail I know is, it’s an Eastern conference team (perhaps TBay) looking to trade a defenseman.

Originally posted by e_mcgrath88

i sent a email spectors way at spectorhockey.net. Most of his stuff is from a journalistic point of view and not a "lets see how much crap we can stir up". Still Tampa needs a goalie and we need a D-man. I'd love to see Kubina (spelled wrong) in a red wings jersey, don't think it would happen though.

Well, as the post states, Howard is here to stay permanently, and the goalie to be traded is not Ozzie. Gee, I wonder who we'd be getting rid of. rolleyes.gif

I think it's way too early to dump Manny, but we do have a bit of log jam of goalies in the minors who could be shipped out. And some of them are decent prospects that could get us some return.

I still want Brendan Witt. smile.gif

from spectorshockey.net

Anything's possible, but I don't see this happening. The Bolts are a bit short on blueline depth themselves this season, in fact, earlier this season they were shopping around for a fifth or sixth defenceman, and earlier in November GM Jay Feaster admitted he'd been closely watching the waiver wires for any blueliners other teams might cut. If the Wings do move a goalie for a d-man, I doubt the Lightning would be a trade partner.

Cheers,

Lyle Richardson

Spector's Hockey

This is more than a rumour at this point... Aparently Tampa, Detroit, and one other team are close to closing a three way deal. All I know at this point is it involves shipping out Legace, and obtaining a defenseman...

Your certainty about this trade is disconcerning. The thought of shipping Legace out with Ozzie in a funk and only a rookie behind him is very disconcerning. Goaltending is not a strength of this team right now, and we don't have the depth in goal to be shipping away netminders.

I agree, I think we're jumping the gun if we ship Legace. I really can't see why we would. If we do in the near future, it only means that Holland knows something about Fischer that we all don't. Legace is good, and I really don't want my starting Red Wings goalie to be Osgood. I understand there is a log jam of goalies in Grand Rapids, but hey, it's life. I think things are fine as they are, and this losing streak is just basically everyone getting used to the new rules. To me, trading Legace would be a very questionable move in my opinion for the Wings and the future or the rest of this season. Now if we do go along and do this trade, I would like to see Pavel Kubina as well as most of you. He's a good player, and like everybody here likes as well, he's young. His style should fit in with the Wings system, and he could be lots of help in the future. None of us can really argue about it and say who's right and who's wrong, because none of know if this trade will happen, and if it does, then we can see for ourselves if it was a good move or not.

Fightfan24, that made no sense whatsoever. Try explaining why you don't like what I said in a more professional way. I haven't done crap or talked down on you yet, so don't start being a jerk for no reason dude.

Yeah, the year we got Chelios, Samuelsson, and Ranford is the year we traded Kevin Hodson to Tampa Bay. The deal was Hodson to Tampa Bay for Wendel Clark. Although Clark's contract expired after that season, and we didn't re-sign him. He ended up signing with the Chicago Blackhawks. Hodson play the rest of that season with the Lightning, but we in the minor the next couple of years before being traded to Vancouver. He never made the team there, and was kept in the minors the whole time, so he retired. It was like maybe 3 years after we traded him to Tampa Bay that he called it quits.