• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Legace to be traded?

Rate this topic

Unconfirmed Rumor:

Legace to be dealt for a Defenseman to replace Fischer...This would make a lot of sense if Howard shows that he can play solid at this level- We lose the rights to Liv if we don't bring him over this year, right? This would free up Howard's spot in G.R. and we'd finally be able to get Liv over here while getting a solid Dman to take Fischer's spot. I'd be all in favor of this if it's true.

He's not our best goaltender- Osgood is. Besides, if we don't get rid of someone and bring Liv over here, we'll lose his rights- that would not be good either. Let's face it, Legace is a 30+ year old backup, best backup in the league, but a backup. Hopefully Howard proves he's ready to stay in the NHL at least in a backup role for now so we can get rid of one of these goalies- and pick up a positional player that we need. Osgood needs to see more action, and if Howard stays up here, they're not going to send Manny or Ozzy to GR- this trade would make perfect sense.

1. Rumours without credible links are useless (i.e. my friend Guss said)

2. Indeed, dealing our BEST goalie, would be a shot in the foot

3. with Kronwall and Fisher out we could actually afford a D-man without affecting our CAP

dry.gif

Edited by Spongewingredpants

Motown, you're not going to convince many people that Osgood is better than Legace this year so you should stop trying. Just a heads up. wink.gif

He is a "back up" goalie because he plays in Detroit. Not because he's not good enough to start.

Edited by HIGH ON FIRE

3. with Kronwall and Fisher out we could actually afford a D-man without affecting our CAP

dry.gif

1. That's why I said it was an unconfirmed rumor- if you haven't noticed, half of the sh*t that is said on this site is useless, it's a discussion forum.

2. How many games has Legace won as a starter, how many Stanley Cups? If he was as good as some people here think he is, Osgood wouldn't be a Red Wing anyway. Manny is the best backup in the league, nothing more, nothing less.

3. Kronwall will hopefully be back in a couple of months, then he WILL affect the cap.

dry.gif

1. That's why I said it was an unconfirmed rumor- if you haven't noticed, half of the sh*t that is said on this site is useless, it's a discussion forum.

2. How many games has Legace won as a starter, how many Stanley Cups? If he was as good as some people here think he is, Osgood wouldn't be a Red Wing anyway. Manny is the best backup in the league, nothing more, nothing less.

3. Kronwall will hopefully be back in a couple of months, then he WILL affect the cap.

ok, let me show you what i mean:

An uncorfimed rumor has it that Datsyuk, Shanahan and Zetterberg will be traded in return for Fedorov and Denis and a draft pick

Hi, I'm wondering if we can please NOT start another Manny vs. Ozzie fight? Thank you for your cooperation, I really appreciate it.

Bottom line is until a trade is made I don't beleive anyone can REALLY say, but I would take a stab at that if a goalie is gonna be moved it's either gonna be one of the two (NOT Howard) in Grand Rapids, or Ozzie. Why? The goalies in GR are expendable now that we know that Jimmy is for real, and Babaock don't seem to be very high on Ozzie, regardless of who's better than who and so on and so forth.

I mean, if I was to throw out my opinion of what goaltender who is Wings' property, that has the most raw talent.. he's across the pond yet in the SEL.

Well this does coincide with a similar more vague rumor heard earlier, but I don't see us giving Legace away like that, and where as career wise Legace may not be as accoladed as Osgood he is doing much better this season and has for the past few years. It seems to be Osgood's sinking in the new NHL and has the statistics to prove it. You can base your judgement of off past accomplishments when we had a better team and the NHL was friendlier towards goalies. But in the end you're in favor of keeping a guy with a weakness for handling rebounds and a save percentage that's in the lower echelons of the NHL over a man who was playing near Vezina calibur hockey before injury troubles them you are sourly mistaken on several levels.

Unconfirmed Rumor:

Legace to be dealt for a Defenseman to replace Fischer...This would make a lot of sense if Howard shows that he can play solid at this level- We lose the rights to Liv if we don't bring him over this year, right? This would free up Howard's spot in G.R. and we'd finally be able to get Liv over here while getting a solid Dman to take Fischer's spot. I'd be all in favor of this if it's true.

Unconfirmed Rumor? Rumors from inside your own head our thoughts. Just cause you think thats what they'll do (only if there crazy) that's fine then say "Trade Thought By Me". I personaly like Howard. I think he had a solid game. One solid game. I hope he keeps it up and steals Ozzie's job. Then they can deal Ozzie for someone since he's unhappy with the situation anyway. As far as dealing your #1 after a prospect has a great 1st game....Kenny don't make all that money by making dumb moves like that. thumbdown.gif

There is rumors about one of the two goalies getting dealt, bringing up Howard, and signing a solid D man........blah, blah, blah.....blah, blah.

We are not going to deal Legace. I see Ozzie getting dealt before that happens, but we will keep both. However, as stated earlier we could afford another D man right now, without hurting the cap too much.

If I'm not mistaken, the rumor on Mlive can be traced directly back to the post alluding to the same on THIS board.

The LetsGoWings board is specifically mentioned as the "source".

Unless there's another post there I'm missing.....???

Are any rumors really confirmed? I think not. This forum was going bananas over McKenzie saying Yzerman's retirement could be near- he went on to say that "Near is a funny word, it could mean the end of this week, could mean the end of the season"- I posted this to spark a discussion of what you, the posters of this forum thought about it...It did in fact come from a person at Mlive who is often right about trades/signings and thought that it was worth nothing. As for Osgood; He is definitely not a top goalie in the league, but he is the best that we have- His last 5 games started were Nov 5th, Nov 6th, Nov 17th, Nov 25th, and Nov 26th. You can't honestly believe that these sporadic starts can allow any goalie to get in any kind of a rhythm. I know how this site works though- right now Manny is the man, but as soon as Osgood comes in and gets some regular action, it will be "OZZY OZZY!"- The bandwagon is sitting still right now, but it will fill up soon, as it always does in this city.

The only two ways I can see this happening

1) Legace IS making more money than Osgood and Recently their play has been about the same mediocre style.

2) Maybe Babs is going to allow Manny to spread his Wings and leave the nest To get an uncontested starting Job in another city<-- No pun intended at all.

Recently in Manny's emotions on the ice after goals have been scored I have seen that the pressure of the Detroit #1 has been getting to him. I have never seen him have so many fits about goals in his entire career here. He used to be laid back and just doing his job. Now he is getting visual upset after goals. Is this a product of the buring fire to win or the product of too much pressure being placed on him?

Manny has shown time after time that he falters after a long period of time. That being said, it better be a for sure top defensemen we're getting back, because if they're wrong about Legace, it'd f**k us over.