• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Legace to be traded?

Rate this topic

Are any rumors really confirmed? I think not. This forum was going bananas over McKenzie saying Yzerman's retirement could be near- he went on to say that "Near is a funny word, it could mean the end of this week, could mean the end of the season"- I posted this to spark a discussion of what you, the posters of this forum thought about it...It did in fact come from a person at Mlive who is often right about trades/signings and thought that it was worth nothing. As for Osgood; He is definitely not a top goalie in the league, but he is the best that we have- His last 5 games started were Nov 5th, Nov 6th, Nov 17th, Nov 25th, and Nov 26th. You can't honestly believe that these sporadic starts can allow any goalie to get in any kind of a rhythm. I know how this site works though- right now Manny is the man, but as soon as Osgood comes in and gets some regular action, it will be "OZZY OZZY!"- The bandwagon is sitting still right now, but it will fill up soon, as it always does in this city.

mad.gifthumbdown.gif How can you think that the tandem of Ozzie and Howard will get us to the playoffs let alone win. I want Ozzie to do good also. If your a wings fan why wouldn't you. I just don't see it happening. His starts are sporadic because his play is horrible so far. Come on you know Babcock don't play games. You suck you don't start. If he's the best we got we need to look into trading for a goalie not a d man. Speaking of bandwagons you sure jumped off that Manny one after a couple bad games. Remember Defensive player of the month? One more thing. McKenzie is a jack ass that whole website (soon to be renamed Crosby the Great) is all about bashing the wings every chance they get. Haters. heck when Fisch went down the next morning there top story was Crosby vs. Alex O. Unreal, someone almost dies, a game is canceled for the first time ever and there top story is still about Crosby!

No tandem in the world could lead this team to the cup IF the rest of the skaters decide to once again play like they have been the several games before last game.

Last game showed that when our other skaters are in the game great things can happen. Our Defense was excellent our offense was coming back to help Howard out, I didn't think they were still capable of blocking shots and taking away scoring chances anymore. But, the last game showed us they can still play like a championship team they are. What was the shots 9-0 at one point?

I do think Babs is a good coach, However I don't necessarily feel that his logic is IF YOU SUCK YOU DON"T PLAY. I mean why is Lilja still playing mucho minutes night in and night out?

BTW Ozzie has been far from perfect, but the team is still above .500 even if you want to say inspite of him being in net. A win is a win and a point is a point. Come April that is all that will matter, did we get more points than we lost with the given goalie in net. Right now EACH goalie has given the team more points won than lost.

I believe that each of our goalies are fine, but they overall outcome of the games will depend more often on net which Skaters decide to show up. With all the firepower and DEPTH the wings have on the team they shouldn't rely on a goalie to have to steal games or play stellar each and every night. That is not the type of team that Holland has built. Or atleast I hope not because if he expects the Goalies to have to play on top of their game 100% of the time they are relying on the Wrong goalies. Ozzie and Manny are both not game stealers and you will very rarely see any of their saves (albeit some are absolutely amazing) on the Prime Time highlight reel. They just show up and do their jobs and take the WINs and LOSSES along with the rest of the guys. Our goalies are not Game Stealers.. They many steal a game here and there but that is not their style of play.

Trading away goalies at this stage of the season is no better than Firing Mooch because the Lions have sucked for some billion years. Anybody want some more duct tape to temporarily patch the problems. The Defense has shown previously that they can play, seeing last game and the support they offered the new kid shows just how poorly they have been playing the last 10 games or so prior.

Edited by OsGOD

from spectorshockey.net I sent him an email about this foolishness

Anything's possible, but I don't see this happening. The Bolts are a bit short on blueline depth themselves this season, in fact, earlier this season they were shopping around for a fifth or sixth defenceman, and earlier in November GM Jay Feaster admitted he'd been closely watching the waiver wires for any blueliners other teams might cut. If the Wings do move a goalie for a d-man, I doubt the Lightning would be a trade partner.

Cheers,

Lyle Richardson

Spector's Hockey

I realize that dealing Osgood wouldn't fetch anything of value, but dealing Legace and keeping Osgood as a starter? laugh.gif

Oh Lord No, no no no. There was a reason no one else made him an offer and even St Louis let him go; doesn't anyone else this as a problem. No one else wanted him. I'd rather have the MacDonald or Jimmy in net.

However, Legace is at or near his trade value peak. From that aspect, see what could be had for him.

I just don't think an Osgood/Howard tandem would take this team to the Stanley Cup Final.

An uncorfimed rumor has it that Datsyuk, Shanahan and Zetterberg will be traded in return for Fedorov and Denis and a draft pick

OMG, OMG, OMG.....

NOOOOOOOoooooooooo Don't trade Shanny, Datsyuk and Zetts.... Dats and Zetts are our future... What the hell is Holland thinking? For freaking I-want-all-your-money-Federov??? And Denis? DENIS???? We have enough goaltenders!!! Not another goaltender controversy!!! crazy.gifhehe.gifbiggrin.giflaugh.giftongue.gif

Well said!!!

thumbup.gifthumbup.gifthumbup.gif

No guys! You can't say that about a Detroit Red Wings hockey player!! It's against the LGW code of conduct to not be a blinded homer! Listen, what Heaton said was right on the money- It's funny how this thread got so much crap, but alot of the other threads in the Trade Rumors forum are just discussed as usual (without any confirmed source besides spector's, yeah we all know how accurate he is)- Take off the Red blindfolds people- Legace is not going to retire as a Red Wing, he'll go somewhere else before his career is over, might as well make it now while he still has some value.

I don't know if the rumor is true, but sounds plausible......think about it, Legace is a UFA next year that will command more than his current 1mm+ salary. 1/2 of Detroit's team are UFA's next year and Detroit won't have the money to sign them. Top that off with Manny having his highest value in trade ever....and never showing his ability to last a full season, so the ruimor is very plausible.

Guest youssp9
Mowers have zero trade value, none, zip, nada.

I partly agree with that, although he MIGHT have some...

Concerning the Naslund thing, you guys have to remember Bertuzzi makes Naslund what he is.

that said i'd rather have thug boy :ducks as the massive amount of well deserved bertuzzi hate comes his way:

Guest Whits896
that said i'd rather have thug boy

As would I, we have enough pseudo-Naslunds on this team.

i know im gonna get bashed for this but if and only if we gotta trade legace id try to make a seperate deal for goalie martin biron

i think hes really underrated and since ryan miller is out hes been playing really well knowing that he lost his starting job to miller, i think if he played with a team like detroit for a change as opposed to buffalo his stats would be ALOT better .

id only consider this if howard was having some trouble , if so then send howard to grand rapids and make him a starter and get biron and ozzie as the backup , biron is capable of playing alot of games so we wont have to worry as much about seeing ozzie give up bad goals

Edited by wingsfan27

Ugg this whole trade Legace rumor was started by some asshat that kneels to Osgood and prays at his 5hole. It's totaly factless. And pretty much a lie. This thread sucks as bad as Osgood.

thumbdown.gif

Wow- great post, you mental midget. I'm glad to see that you could contribute something to this discussion. At the beginning of this thread, I clearly stated that it was unconfirmed, just like every other thread in this forum, and most threads on LGW.com...Would a link to spector's hockey make you happy? We all know how reliable he is- this forum/mlive are better sources than that idiot. Once again, just to make sure it sinks into your dense head, I found this rumor interesting on Mlive so decided to post it here to see what people thought- After seeing your worthless post, it is apparent that you think on the level of a 3rd grader, or maybe not at all. In conclusion, I would just like to state that I'm not an Osgood fan, but he should get a REAL shot, just like Legace...not this one start in 2 weeks crap- but that's not what this thread is about, so I refuse to keep re-explaining my point to you just because you lack the mental capacity to absorb even the simplest information.

Edited by MotownIce