62 replies to this topic

#41 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:08 PM

I would not want to trade this guy even if some team offered Nasland.

#42 youssp9

youssp9

1st Line Sniper

• Restricted
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 797 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:09 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ December 3, 2005 - 08:05PM)
Mowers have zero trade value, none, zip, nada.

I partly agree with that, although he MIGHT have some...

#43 eva unit zero

eva unit zero

Save the Princess...Save the World

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,734 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 08:49 PM

QUOTE (youssp9 @ December 3, 2005 - 09:08PM)

I would trade Legace and Datsyuk for Naslund.
"I've never seen a warlock do that without his magic."
"I once devoured a monk's soul. It tasted like chocolate."

#44 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:09 PM

QUOTE (youssp9 @ December 3, 2005 - 09:08PM)

wow- is hockeytown authentics running a special on red and white blinders?

#45 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:15 PM

Concerning the Naslund thing, you guys have to remember Bertuzzi makes Naslund what he is.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#46 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:24 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ December 3, 2005 - 11:15PM)
Concerning the Naslund thing, you guys have to remember Bertuzzi makes Naslund what he is.

that said i'd rather have thug boy :ducks as the massive amount of well deserved bertuzzi hate comes his way:

#47 Whits896

Whits896

Jr. Prospect

• Restricted
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 December 2005 - 10:33 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ December 3, 2005 - 11:24PM)
that said i'd rather have thug boy

As would I, we have enough pseudo-Naslunds on this team.

#48 wingsfan27

wingsfan27

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 601 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:00 AM

i know im gonna get bashed for this but if and only if we gotta trade legace id try to make a seperate deal for goalie martin biron

i think hes really underrated and since ryan miller is out hes been playing really well knowing that he lost his starting job to miller, i think if he played with a team like detroit for a change as opposed to buffalo his stats would be ALOT better .

id only consider this if howard was having some trouble , if so then send howard to grand rapids and make him a starter and get biron and ozzie as the backup , biron is capable of playing alot of games so we wont have to worry as much about seeing ozzie give up bad goals

Edited by wingsfan27, 04 December 2005 - 02:01 AM.

#49 BringDMacBack

BringDMacBack

Norris Nick Osgood Slappy if your not your banned too,

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:21 AM

Ugg this whole trade Legace rumor was started by some asshat that kneels to Osgood and prays at his 5hole. It's totaly factless. And pretty much a lie. This thread sucks as bad as Osgood.
thumbdown.gif

#50 KronwallCRUNCH

KronwallCRUNCH

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,077 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 07:11 AM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 4, 2005 - 03:21AM)
Ugg this whole trade Legace rumor was started by some asshat that kneels to Osgood and prays at his 5hole. It's totaly factless. And pretty much a lie. This thread sucks as bad as Osgood.
thumbdown.gif

Wow- great post, you mental midget. I'm glad to see that you could contribute something to this discussion. At the beginning of this thread, I clearly stated that it was unconfirmed, just like every other thread in this forum, and most threads on LGW.com...Would a link to spector's hockey make you happy? We all know how reliable he is- this forum/mlive are better sources than that idiot. Once again, just to make sure it sinks into your dense head, I found this rumor interesting on Mlive so decided to post it here to see what people thought- After seeing your worthless post, it is apparent that you think on the level of a 3rd grader, or maybe not at all. In conclusion, I would just like to state that I'm not an Osgood fan, but he should get a REAL shot, just like Legace...not this one start in 2 weeks crap- but that's not what this thread is about, so I refuse to keep re-explaining my point to you just because you lack the mental capacity to absorb even the simplest information.

Edited by MotownIce, 04 December 2005 - 07:11 AM.

#51 BringDMacBack

BringDMacBack

Norris Nick Osgood Slappy if your not your banned too,

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 10:45 AM

Funny you reported on a rumor from Mlive that got started here on the other thread just just like this. Your the mental midget. Good day asshat. And seeing how I was not even talking about you but e-mcgrath88 well it seems you feel guilty of something. Anything you would like to tell us?

Edited by BringDMacBack, 04 December 2005 - 10:46 AM.

#52 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 04 December 2005 - 02:00 PM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 4, 2005 - 11:45AM)
Funny you reported on a rumor from Mlive that got started here on the other thread just just like this. Your the mental midget. Good day asshat. And seeing how I was not even talking about you but e-mcgrath88 well it seems you feel guilty of something. Anything you would like to tell us?

Whats with all the hostility?

I kind of expect it from someone that goes by "BringDMacBack" though.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#53 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:39 AM

The problem with this is that I have not even heard this rumor outside of this cite anywhere. So to me, this is a false trade rumor that you started. And anyways, why would we trade Legace? Here's my first beef. Let's say we did trade Legace, who do you exspect to get? We're not going to get a big name. At best, we would get a marginal defenseman. So unless you can really prove to me that we would get a great defenseman, the trade you're talking about it stupid. My second beef is why are we in a rush to get a new defenseman now? Fischer is only on injured reserve. Nobody even knows yet if he's going to play or not. So don't jump to far right now. Lets say Fischer can't play again, our six regular defenseman will be Schneider, Lidstrom, Woolley, Chelios, Lebda, and Lilja. And the back-up persay is Rivers. Lebda is a great surprise this year, and I'm glad and proud of how well he's doing in his first year. Rivers is very experienced, and he hasn't failed the Wings yet either. And remember, Kronwall will be back soon, and that boosts the defense even more. My last beef, is how the heck do you think that Howard's ready to go regularly in the NHL right now. He can really use the experience in Grand Rapids. Give Osgood praise for doing a good job thus far this season, but do you really want Osgood as our starter and a non-experienced Howard as back-up? I don't, but if you do, that's great, but the wrong idea. Legace has been great, and I don't see how you can be mad at him if you are. Also, the defenseman are not to totally blame for the bad losing streak. Every team goes through one, and you'll have to deal with it like everyone else. Don't start false trade rumors.

#54 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:28 AM

Well said Fatcat6. I agree, got to keep Manny. He is the best we have. Howard does need to stay down with the Griffins too. Either which way this all started, I just don't see us trading Legace for a Defensman and go into the Playoffs with Ozzie and Howard. Not the way Legace has played thus far. It is still early so we will see, and yes all teams go through these slumps which seems we may be out of now.

Posted Image

#55 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:03 PM

I have a better idea, but I'll change the subject of the title of this forum. Why don't we trade Osgood? We could get a decent defenseman in return for him. And what better to have Howard to back-up Legace instead. I like this idea better. Trade Osgood, and go the rest of the season with Legace as the starter, and Howard as back-up. What does anyone else think?

#56 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:07 PM

QUOTE (fatcat6 @ December 8, 2005 - 10:03PM)
I have a better idea, but I'll change the subject of the title of this forum. Why don't we trade Osgood? We could get a decent defenseman in return for him. And what better to have Howard to back-up Legace instead. I like this idea better. Trade Osgood, and go the rest of the season with Legace as the starter, and Howard as back-up. What does anyone else think?

I am not sure Ozzie will offer the return of a good defenseman especially the likes of one that people covet on these boards.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#57 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:38 PM

Then I guess we need to think of someone else we could get. Anybody got new defenseman suggestions that we could get for Ozzie. (Not Kubina).

#58 Outsider

Outsider

Quitcha B*tchin' Wings Fans.....

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,971 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 11:22 PM

QUOTE (fatcat6 @ December 8, 2005 - 10:03PM)

Yes.....of COURSE!

Because when the time comes for Howard to begin to take the reigns, transitioning from "back-up" to "goalie of the future" to "franchise netminder".....

What BETTER goaltender could one ask for as a mentor than a CAREER BACK-UP himself?

Brilliant!

<oy!>

#59 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 01:47 AM

Don't be a jerk. It was an idea.

#60 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:11 AM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ November 30, 2005 - 10:22AM)
I have never seen him have so many fits about goals in his entire career here. He used to be laid back and just doing his job. Now he is getting visual upset after goals. Is this a product of the buring fire to win or the product of too much pressure being placed on him?

I kind of like that. For the most part goalies are a little strange anyway. But I like that he gets a little upset. Now I don't want him acting like Ron Hextall out there, but getting fired up after a goal shows me he's really into the game and probably felt he should have had that one. As long as he keeps his head in the game I have no problem with it.