• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_mcgrath88

3 Way Deal Involving The Wings, Bolts, and Ducks

Rate this topic

More speculation surrounding Legace for a defenseman trade. I just got word that it is a 3 way deal in the works between Detroit, Anaheim and Tampa. The key names involved are Legace and Salei... I am also hearing some European names being thrown around such as Fedotenko, Hudler, and Artyukhin.

If I were to speculate I would say it would look something like this...

To Tampa

Manny Legace

Jiri Hudler

To Detroit

Ruslan Salei

Evgeny Artyukhin

To Anaheim

Ruslan Fedotenko

That would be one of the worst trades if not the worst the Wings would ever deal!! A promising young froward and a solid starting goalie for an OK D-man and who??? Nope, won't happen.

I was only going by the names that I hear will be involved. I'm sure the Wings would get another prospect or a draft pick out of the deal as well. I dont know much about Artyukhin myself, but I could see Salei fitting in quite well. As far as trading Legace, I would'nt mind. I can't see a career back up goalie taking us through the playoffs. Hudler is a good prospect for us, but I wouldnt mind shipping him off if it meant satisfying out defensive needs as well as getting a draft pick in return. On top of that, it seems that Babs isnt much of a Hudler fan.

I was only going by the names that I hear will be involved. I'm sure the Wings would get another prospect or a draft pick out of the deal as well. I dont know much about Artyukhin myself, but I could see Salei fitting in quite well. As far as trading Legace, I would'nt mind. I can't see a career back up goalie taking us through the playoffs. Hudler is a good prospect for us, but I wouldnt mind shipping him off if it meant satisfying out defensive needs as well as getting a draft pick in return. On top of that, it seems that Babs isnt much of a Hudler fan.

Jiri Hudler played another strong game, showing passion and intensity that was lacking in previous scrimmages. Babcock said he had a talk with the talented young Czech afterward.

“I said, ‘Are you the guy I saw at the start of camp, or are you the guy who’s competitive right now?’� Babcock said. “If you are prepared to compete and you have that skill level you are going to be good.

“I watched him a few times in the minors last year and he wasn’t good at all. He has to decide.�

Article from training camp

T'is true, he's not a big fan, Jiri's been suprising in Grand Rapids though

not happening, again. I've checked with every prominet internet source i can think of. This is just a bogus rumor point blank. Most of the big guys Spector, Eklund, thefourthperiod, have never even heard this rumor. Some 15 year old tampa fan is probably the cause of all this

this trade would be horrible for the wings. i cant imagine any GM thinking this would be a good deal for detroit.

the whole issue is that we are now short a defenseman. i would rather have kyle quincey play for the wings for the rest of the season than trade manny legace for a defenseman.

not happening, again. I've checked with every prominet internet source i can think of. This is just a bogus rumor point blank. Most of the big guys Spector, Eklund, thefourthperiod, have never even heard this rumor. Some 15 year old tampa fan is probably the cause of all this

No this trade rumor got started right here then posted to MLive then grew legs from that. I think whoever started the rumor here should sent off to www.waitingforthewhalerstocomeback.com

I have heard Tampa is interested in Giguere. Maybe Legace or Osgood would be going to Anaheim instead.

Giguere to the Lighting would make some sense. He's been on one hell of a rollercoasting since the Ducks graceful playoff exit in 03. Anywy this BS rumor of a trade reeks of Leaf propoganda. Trade will never happen.

Edited by Seth

Personally, I hope this trade never goes down, but what really worries me is that it kinda makes sense. Artukhin is the big, physical, nasty power-forward many of us have felt this team needs. Though he was a hyped prospect originally, it doesn't seem like he will turn into a top six forward. And it's obvious the Wings could use a d-man like Salei.

I hope that we can still acquire Witt or Salei, but it would be stupid to ship Manny out before either Ozzie or Jimmy show they're capable of being the starter.

I hope that we can still acquire Witt or Salei, but it would be stupid to ship Manny out before either Ozzie or Jimmy show they're capable of being the starter.

Ummmm.....

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Osgood has shown that he's capable of being "the Starter" for the past 12 years.

And not only on a stacked Detroit Team, either.

He did it with a young, inexperienced Isles Team.

And he did it with an injury riddled Defense and an impotent Offense in St. Louis.

He passed the 30 Win mark with both Teams in both of his full Season's with each Club.

There's no question as to whether or not Osgood is "capable" of being the Starter....

Just a matter of getting him in there and getting his skates back under him.

This appears to be the perfect opportunity, with Manny out with his latest knee injury.

Babcock has chosen, instead, to go with a rookie who will most likely be shipped back down to Grand Rapids once Legace comes back, anyway.

Wow.. You are a real hero on this forum I see.

It was me who started this rumor. I have associates in the Grand Rapids organization passing me along some information regarding a trade, so I decided to share it. If you only listen to the "prominent internet sources

then dont read the RUMOR forum because the ones you listed don't post here. Why does everyone on this Message board feel the need to criticize eachother??

thumbdown.gif I'm sorry that I heard it before Eklund

Ummmm.....

Not to put too fine a point on it, but Osgood has shown that he's capable of being "the Starter" for the past 12 years.

And not only on a stacked Detroit Team, either.

He did it with a young, inexperienced Isles Team.

And he did it with an injury riddled Defense and an impotent Offense in St. Louis.

He passed the 30 Win mark with both Teams in both of his full Season's with each Club.

There's no question as to whether or not Osgood is "capable" of being the Starter....

Just a matter of getting him in there and getting his skates back under him.

This appears to be the perfect opportunity, with Manny out with his latest knee injury.

Babcock has chosen, instead, to go with a rookie who will most likely be shipped back down to Grand Rapids once Legace comes back, anyway.

Did you think that maybe Babcock might have a reason for starting Howard over Osgood? But I'm sure you probably know much more about hockey than the head coach of the Detroit Red Wings, right?

Sure Ozzie's been great in the past, there's no denying that at all. It just doesn't make sense to ship Manny out before Osgood shows flashes of the goaltender he once was. It's absolutely ridiculous to have Chris starting because he "used" to be a solid goalie. If Kenny put together a team of players on the basis of what they "used" to be, we'd find ourselves at the bottom of the standings. Now I'm not saying he's washed up by any means, but as of right now, he has not been the better goalie, simple as that. Howard came in cold, and played just as well as Osgood. Which sort of puts to rest the "Ozzie hasn't played enough" excuse.

The fact is, Ozzie has not been starter material this season, and until he is, I want Manny to stay put.

More speculation surrounding Legace for a defenseman trade. I just got word that it is a 3 way deal in the works between Detroit, Anaheim and Tampa. The key names involved are Legace and Salei... I am also hearing some European names being thrown around such as Fedotenko, Hudler, and Artyukhin.

If I were to speculate I would say it would look something like this...

To Tampa

Manny Legace

Jiri Hudler

To Detroit

Ruslan Salei

Evgeny Artyukhin

To Anaheim

Ruslan Fedotenko

Now that I know who Evgeny Artyukhin is....

This would be one of the worse trades ever for Detroit......

Legace (IMO) > Salei

Hudler>Artyukhin

Now if you switched Ozzie for Manny and took out Artyukhin and Hudler....Then I would.....

A big body that Tampa is hoping will one day turn into a hockey player.

peace

To be fair, NN, Evgeny actually uses his large size to his advantage, unlike certain people on this team (I'm talking to you Lilja), and he could add the toughness up front that this team sorta lacks. But his total lack of motivation is what makes me want to pass on him.

Did you think that maybe Babcock might have a reason for starting Howard over Osgood? But I'm sure you probably know much more about hockey than the head coach of the Detroit Red Wings, right?

Sure Ozzie's been great in the past, there's no denying that at all. It just doesn't make sense to ship Manny out before Osgood shows flashes of the goaltender he once was. It's absolutely ridiculous to have Chris starting because he "used" to be a solid goalie. If Kenny put together a team of players on the basis of what they "used" to be, we'd find ourselves at the bottom of the standings. Now I'm not saying he's washed up by any means, but as of right now, he has not been the better goalie, simple as that. Howard came in cold, and played just as well as Osgood. Which sort of puts to rest the "Ozzie hasn't played enough" excuse.

The fact is, Ozzie has not been starter material this season, and until he is, I want Manny to stay put.

No need to get combative.

No....I don't presume to know more about hockey than the Head Coach of the Detroit Red Wings.

As for Jim Howard coming in "cold" and playing well.....

He started two games last week in Grand Rapids, AND, (as I'm sure you're aware), Howard's career to date has been limited to NCAA duty.....

Where goalies play ONE Game per week. Two on a "heavy" schedule.

He's used to "sitting" for a week between Games.

He also had the benefit of the Wings BEST Defensive effort of the young Season to bolster him. Not only were pucks repeatedly swept out from in FRONT of him, a few of them were swept out from BEHIND him as well. IMMEDIATELY.

I agree that Osgood has not played well enough to "prove" that he's "Starter material" thus far this Season.

But I would respectfully submit that 12 years of getting the job done as a Starter in this League lends credence to the belief that he's "capable".

Also....

AS a Starter in this League for 12 years, Osgood KNOWS what he needs, AND what he needs to DO, in order to get his Game on track.

He's clearly stated that he needs to get more Games in in order to get HIS Game back to the level he's capable of playing at.

If a foreman walks onto a construction site and tells one of the workers there to dig him a hole, 6'X4'X4', and then stops him when he goes after a shovel, telling him "You've got your spoon from lunch right there in your hand. Tough it out. Work through it.".......

Then that foreman shouldn't be surprised at the finished product, nor at the amount of time it took the worker to complete the task, no matter HOW skilled or hard a worker did the digging.

Give the guy a damned shovel, THEN judge him based upon his performance when given the PROPER tools to get the job done.

If he STILL takes all day, and does a crap job to boot, THEN you decide he's not "capable" of getting the job done to your specifications.