• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukismyfriend

Igor Grigorenko

Rate this topic

anybody know how igor is playing in russia so far? it was my understanding that it's possible he could be over here next year, and just wondered how he has performed this season so far. i know last year he had a pretty good finish after the slow start after his accident. ph34r.gif

Edited by datsyukismyfriend

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

The RSL is a very low scoring league. 21 points in 28 games is outstanding. Last season he led his team in scoring. Don't stress, he's doing fine.

The RSL is a very low scoring league. 21 points in 28 games is outstanding. Last season he led his team in scoring. Don't stress, he's doing fine.

thanks. i'm excited to see him over here. unfortunately it seems we have an excess of his style of play (small and crafty and creative). but he is kinda physical isn't he, just small?

thanks. i'm excited to see him over here. unfortunately it seems we have an excess of his style of play (small and crafty and creative). but he is kinda physical isn't he, just small?

He's built like Martin Lapointe (5'10" 215-220lbs). If you would consider that small, sure he's small. He's fast and drives to the net.

As for his scoring output, his pace is well ahead of what Datsyuk had his last year in the RSL at around the same age. Plus most of the other players in the top 25 have teammates up there with them. Igor is a one man show putting up almost twice as many points (21 to 11) as the nearest teammate.

peace

Little comparison between Grigorenko, Ovechkin and Malkin. Grigorenko is obviously older but lets forget that for a minute:

Grigorenko this season is scoring on a higher pace playing with Radovan Somik then Alexander Ovechkin did playing with Pavel Rosa, Alexander Frolov, Pavel Datsyuk and Maxim Afinogenov on Dynamo.

Grigorenko is scoring at a .75 point per game to Alex O's .729 PPG.

Malkin is in a league of his own, he basically has a point per game now that helps playing with ultra-shifty Chistov but Malkin is carrying the load.

The stats also do not lie, there are currently 5 of Malkin's teamates in the RSL top 25 scoring while Grigorenko is the sole leader for his team in the top 25.

Ovechkin, last season playing with an allstar lineup didn't even crack the top 6 in scoring on Dynamo. Alot of that has to do with finding playing time for NHL stars.

In conclusion, Malkin is going to be the next Lecavalier/Thornton and will make an amazing 1-2 punch with Sidney Crosby.

Grigorenko will find himself at home playing on a line with Datsyuk and hopefully Zetterberg. Grigorenko will bring the size/tinacity needed that Holmstromand Shanahan just can't provide.

By no means do I believe Grigorenko will be better then Ovechkin but playing along Datsyuk he should make a strong case for the Calder. Unless Malkin comes to the league to crazy.gif

I think they only give one assist per goal in Russia so a pace near a point per game is good. Hopefully he can contribute here. I just thought of something: is this team not full of tragic events? Konstantinov, Bowman's Brother, Grigorenko's accident and now Fischer? Count your lucky stars.

I think they only give one assist per goal in Russia so a pace near a point per game is good. Hopefully he can contribute here. I just thought of something: is this team not full of tragic events? Konstantinov, Bowman's Brother, Grigorenko's accident and now Fischer? Count your lucky stars.

After Kozlov was drafted he was in an accident (weather related) that killed a teammate or friend. Apparently he was instrumental, along with the Snyder family, in keeping Heatley from completely falling apart.

peace

After Kozlov was drafted he was in an accident (weather related) that killed a teammate or friend. Apparently he was instrumental, along with the Snyder family, in keeping Heatley from completely falling apart.

peace

ya i heard something along those lines as well.

just checked his stats ....

2005-06 Cherepovets Severstal Russia 29 9 13 22 12

Use these stats! | View as text

i was curious , does anyone think hes ready for the nhl next season ? i been waiting to see him play for years now and im really excited to see him play with zetterberg and datsyuk

if he comes along with hudler,holmstrom will fall down the chart as will samuelson or do you guys think one of them will be traded ?

zetterberg datsyuk grigorenko

shanahan lang williams

samuelson hudler holmstrom

maltby draper franzen

thats what i see our "potential" line up might look like for next season

i think he'll have a strong shot at the calder but malkin does scare the crap out of me on line with crosby. Hopefully they won't be the penguins next year so i can actually enjoy watching them

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

He's not afraid to get his nose dirty, which is good for us. What I really like about him is he's very aggressive around the net.

Guest WestCoastWingsFan

Bowman's brother?

???

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
He's built like Martin Lapointe (5'10" 215-220lbs). If you would consider that small, sure he's small. He's fast and drives to the net.

As for his scoring output, his pace is well ahead of what Datsyuk had his last year in the RSL at around the same age. Plus most of the other players in the top 25 have teammates up there with them. Igor is a one man show putting up almost twice as many points (21 to 11) as the nearest teammate.

peace

Grigs is indeed 5'10, but regarding the weight, you're off by 40 pounds. Igor only weighs 180, and seeing as how he's already 22, he's probably not going to get any bigger. I suppose if he got into weight training (assuming he hasn't already) and really dedicated himself, he could possibly get up to 200, but that's a big if. So no, he's clearly not the answer to our PF dilemmas. But as I said earlier, he's tough in front of the net and doesn't shy away from physical play, so that bodes well for us.

I've seen his weight at between 180 and 210. At least one picture I have seen looked like he had packed the pounds on in the past year (perhaps he has lost it again?)

I don't see him as a traditional power forward as he is fast as hell but he does not shy away from physical play at all.

I've seen his weight at between 180 and 210.  At least one picture I have seen looked like he had packed the pounds on in the past year (perhaps he has lost it again?)

I don't see him as a traditional power forward as he is fast as hell but he does not shy away from physical play at all.

He is not Kris Draper fast. He has decent speed. But to say he's "fast as hell" is a mis-statement.

Edited by Satrebil

Grigs is indeed 5'10, but regarding the weight, you're off by 40 pounds. Igor only weighs 180, and seeing as how he's already 22, he's probably not going to get any bigger. I suppose if he got into weight training (assuming he hasn't already) and really dedicated himself, he could possibly get up to 200, but that's a big if. So no, he's clearly not the answer to our PF dilemmas. But as I said earlier, he's tough in front of the net and doesn't shy away from physical play, so that bodes well for us.

180lb was his draft weight. He's steadily increased that over the 4-5 years since. Severstal has him listed at 98KG ~ 216lb. And to note the RSL aren't a bunch of bigger=better slappies like North American leagues so there really is no need for them to embellish his weight.

peace

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
180lb was his draft weight. He's steadily increased that over the 4-5 years since. Severstal has him listed at 98KG ~ 216lb. And to note the RSL aren't a bunch of bigger=better slappies like North American leagues so there really is no need for them to embellish his weight.

peace

Well if his goal if to play for the bigger=better slappies in Nortyh America I'm sure you could see why HE would want to embellish his weight. I'm can't imagine him at 216. I'll believe it when I see it.