• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
datsyukismyfriend

Igor Grigorenko

Rate this topic

180lb was his draft weight.  He's steadily increased that over the 4-5 years since.  Severstal has him listed at 98KG ~ 216lb.  And to note the RSL aren't a bunch of bigger=better slappies like North American leagues so there really is no need for them to embellish his weight.

peace

Well if his goal if to play for the bigger=better slappies in Nortyh America I'm sure you could see why HE would want to embellish his weight. I'm can't imagine him at 216. I'll believe it when I see it.

Well, this is him at 180.

user posted image

This is him at the listed 216.

user posted image

He's filled out.

peace

Man I'm fire up to see Grigorenko now. I hope the Wings have an English speaking tutor with him teaching him the language so we can bring him over ASAP after this season.

We have Pavel here... wink.gif

Ok guys, I can see Grigorenko is a hot topic. I'll try maybe I can help with some information.

Right now he is 6th/7th in russian top league. 10+15=25p in 32 games.

www.rushockey.com

About the weight: I checked out his current club Severstal's home page:

http://www.severstalclub.ru/base/team.php?tid=1&sid=2 You have to understand russian on the page but just in case ..

Severstal's home page said 98kg, so a little bit math and we find out he is 217-218 lbs. I believe a players current club has the most updated weight information, so I think he still is way above 200.

Lots of talks about Malkin stealing Grigs Calder Trophy next year. I wouldn't take that too seriously.

Check out the team stats:

First Metallurg (Malkin): http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=2540

Then Severtal (Grigorenko): http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/csl.php?tid=1800

To be honest, Malkin's team has the first spot in league, full of capable scorest, which provide great backup for Malkin and his offensive capabilities.

Severstal is currently in the second half of the league and Grigorenko is maybe the only very good scorer in the team. He has 25 points, next guy has 12 points. I'm telling you if Grigs played in Metallurg also, he would be where Malkin is, somewhere close to 35 points and league's leading scorer spot.

Just give Grigorenko an opportunity next year and he is going to shine. After all, Grigorenko is still improving after accident, because it definitely slowed him down.

But of course Malkin is younger, but he is also former 2nd pick so he has to be great. There is going to be great clash between them next season, I think Grigorenko will earn a spot in Wings lineup in no-time.

But we will see, just my opinion.

Edited by EstonianWingsFan#1

Pavel Datsyuk:

2004/05: 45 games, 15 goals, 17 assists, 32 points.

Igor Grigorenko:

2005/06: 32 games, 10 goals, 15 assists, 25 points.

I know Datsyuk was playing against a stronger field of players, but Grig's stats are still very encouraging.

Looking back at Grigorenko's stats before his accident, he produced almost identical stats to that of Datsyuk, while at the age of 20. There is no doubt he would already be playing in the NHL and be putting up solid numbers. However he was very lucky even to survive, and it's great that he is showing the signs that had him rated as the NHL's ninth-best prospect back in 2002/03.

I think Grigorenko will play on the second line next season and put up some pretty solid numbers.

It doesn't matter which line, it all depends on chemistry between players. No doubt he will find his spot in lineup, we just don't know with who he will help the team most. Also he has to adjust a little bit with american style of hockey. Im not saying he needs any time to adjust at all, but it is a possibility. We'll see. If he fits in like Williams this season, he will be a immediate success in NHL.

Shanahan-Datsyuk-Grigorenko works for me thumbup.gif

That line has been my dream a long time ago. The offence looks very good, but we really hae to rebuild our defence. Chelios retires and Fisch is gone and other fellows are probably gone.

2006-07:

Shanahan - Datsyuk - Grigorenko

Zetterberg - Lang - Williams

Maltby- Draper - Samuelsson

Cleary - Franzen - Holmström

Lidström - UFA

Schneider - UFA

Lebda - UFA (Rivers, Lilja)

(Quinsey?, Kindl?)

Legace

Howard

I just love to read this profile from Russianprospects.com thumbup.gif

Igor Grigorenko (Detroit Red Wings) back in full force

Igor Grigorenko (Detroit Red Wings) is back! The young forward, now with Severstal (Cherpovets), dominates the game as he did a couple of seasons back prior to his horrendous injury. He is fast, aggressive and doesn’t hesitate to drive through opponents towards the net. Grigorenko’s return to form can largely be credited to his former junior team coaches, Rafael Ishmatov and Vladimir Plyuschev. Both coaches trusted the young forward during his time on the U18 and U20 squads, and the two once again believed in his ability despite the adversity. As the head coach of Salavat Yulayev (Ufa), Ishmatov gave Grigorenko the opportunity to regain his scoring touch last season when Lada all but gave up on the young forward. This season, now the head coach of Severstal (Cherpovets), Vladimir Plyuschev outbid Ishmatov for Grigorenko’s services, staking his prestige on the young forward’s ability. Thus far Plyuschev’s prestige is in good shape, as the Detroit Red Wings prospect is enjoying a spectacular season. He has meshed quite well with Calgary Flames prospect Yuri Trubachev on the club’s top line and will likely represent Russia at each EuroTour tournament, if not the World Championships. The young forward’s NHL dream now appears to be within months, not years.

Can't wait to see him at Wings. hehe.gif

I just love to read this profile from Russianprospects.com thumbup.gif

Igor Grigorenko (Detroit Red Wings) back in full force

Igor Grigorenko (Detroit Red Wings) is back! The young forward, now with Severstal (Cherpovets), dominates the game as he did a couple of seasons back prior to his horrendous injury. He is fast, aggressive and doesn’t hesitate to drive through opponents towards the net. Grigorenko’s return to form can largely be credited to his former junior team coaches, Rafael Ishmatov and Vladimir Plyuschev. Both coaches trusted the young forward during his time on the U18 and U20 squads, and the two once again believed in his ability despite the adversity. As the head coach of Salavat Yulayev (Ufa), Ishmatov gave Grigorenko the opportunity to regain his scoring touch last season when Lada all but gave up on the young forward. This season, now the head coach of Severstal (Cherpovets), Vladimir Plyuschev outbid Ishmatov for Grigorenko’s services, staking his prestige on the young forward’s ability. Thus far Plyuschev’s prestige is in good shape, as the Detroit Red Wings prospect is enjoying a spectacular season. He has meshed quite well with Calgary Flames prospect Yuri Trubachev on the club’s top line and will likely represent Russia at each EuroTour tournament, if not the World Championships. The young forward’s NHL dream now appears to be within months, not years.

Can't wait to see him at Wings. hehe.gif

A single tear just landed in my coffee.

So awesome.

(assuming it's true. there have been conflicting reports no?)

I think Liv will leapfrog Howard and be the backup in Detroit next season.

Makes sense. Howard would get more out of starting in the AHL and playing a long season than backup duty in the NHL. Liv's developmental stage is all but over and now he just needs to see if he can hack it in the best league. I can't envision a scenario (barring major injuries) where Jimmy is in the NHL rather than the AHL next season.

peace

just because liv played 1 good game at the olympics doesn't mean he's good enough to play 20-30 games (barring injuries to legace) next year

sign him yes, but what the hell are you going on??

Edited by bogeygolfer

just because liv played 1 good game at the olympics doesn't mean he's good enough to play 20-30 games (barring injuries to legace) next year

sign him yes, but what the hell are you going on??

He's certainly closer than Howard. Liv has been a pro for seven seasons now (including an SEL championship in '03-'04 where he recorded 4 shutouts in the 7 game final to clinch it). He's also 25 and will turn 26 next season. There isn't much he has left to learn other than can he or can't he hang with the big boys of the NHL.

peace

right now, after a recent trip to russia by jim nill, the word is they like how he's playing. the only thing missing from his game is the skating ability that made him so dominant... right now theres a 90% chance he'll be in North America next year, and whether his skating ability is back would be the setermining factor in whether he makes the big club...

180lb was his draft weight.  He's steadily increased that over the 4-5 years since.  Severstal has him listed at 98KG ~ 216lb.  And to note the RSL aren't a bunch of bigger=better slappies like North American leagues so there really is no need for them to embellish his weight.

peace

Well if his goal if to play for the bigger=better slappies in Nortyh America I'm sure you could see why HE would want to embellish his weight. I'm can't imagine him at 216. I'll believe it when I see it.

user posted image

user posted image

He's filled out.

peace

Isn't that just the exact same picture just a bigger size dry.gif

Ha, back when NN posted it the first pic was different. It must've been updated since then.

user posted image

user posted image

He's filled out.

peace

HA! laugh.gif

It would appear that Red Wings Central has finally updated his profile picture. I'll see if I can dig up the old one again.

peace

This is from shortly after being drafted.

user posted image

This is from after the accident taken in 2003

user posted image

and this one and the one's above are from the fall of '05.

user posted image

*Don't ask me why he's wearing a Capitals t-shirt.

Clearly he's filled out quite a bit.

peace