• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:05 PM

Maybe Lidstrom to Boston for Leetch Sturm and Samsonov or Slegr? Got to admit it would be an improvment.

#2 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:06 PM

Meant to put Boston in Title sorry. rolleyes.gif

#3 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:15 PM

lol...

Never, ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever.

Did you just make this up?
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#4 BringDMacBack

BringDMacBack

Norris Nick Osgood Slappy if your not your banned too,

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:19 PM

[SIZE=14] NO

#5 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:19 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ December 1, 2005 - 03:15PM)
lol...

Never, ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever.

Did you just make this up?

Well yeah, I mean I got the city wrong in the title but it does say "just an idea don't freak" I just think it's funny you laugh cause of Lidstrom but if I put Datsyuk you'd be like "yeah that'd be great!" Whatever it's cool we'll eat his contract this year and when we don't get the Cup he'll leave to Sweden and we won't get anything for him. Sounds great. thumbdown.gif

#6 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:22 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ December 1, 2005 - 03:19PM)
Well yeah, I mean I got the city wrong in the title but it does say "just an idea don't freak" I just think it's funny you laugh cause of Lidstrom but if I put Datsyuk you'd be like "yeah that'd be great!"  Whatever it's cool we'll eat his contract this year and when we don't get the Cup he'll leave to Sweden and we won't get anything for him. Sounds great. thumbdown.gif

And you think theyd give us Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch for Datsyuk?

For that matter, you think theyd give us Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch (guys all considerably younger than Lidstrom, other than Leetch, and have longer contracts for less money) for Lidstrom?

Come on.

Essentially, the Bruins wouldve traded Thornton, Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch for Lidstrom, Primeau, and Stuart.

Edited by ARice89, 01 December 2005 - 02:27 PM.

In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#7 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:29 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ December 1, 2005 - 03:22PM)
And you think theyd give us Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch for Datsyuk?

For that matter, you think theyd give us Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch (guys all considerably younger than Lidstrom, other than Leetch, and have longer contracts for less money) for Lidstrom?

Come on.

No I was simply saying that there's hundreds of trade Datsyuk (wings future along with Z) threads but put one Lidstrom thread up here and everybody freaks. No not just Dats. but if you threw like one other player and a draft pick maybe. And as far as Nick yeah, he's the most sought after Dman in the leauge and since they just dumped a big contract and we'd be taking another moderate sized one off there hands then yeah they might. I don't really think Boston plans on doing much this year since they dealt Joe. I bet out of the 3 come trade deadline time only Sturm will be there anyway. Sorry that's just MO.

#8 BringDMacBack

BringDMacBack

Norris Nick Osgood Slappy if your not your banned too,

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ December 1, 2005 - 03:19PM)
Well yeah, I mean I got the city wrong in the title but it does say "just an idea don't freak" I just think it's funny you laugh cause of Lidstrom but if I put Datsyuk you'd be like "yeah that'd be great!"  Whatever it's cool we'll eat his contract this year and when we don't get the Cup he'll leave to Sweden and we won't get anything for him. Sounds great. thumbdown.gif

Why is it in these Lidstrom discussions it always comes down to lets trade him NOW so we get something. My feeling is if he retires after this year we've already gotten 14 seasons out of him, He retires we have his cap money. to go after someone else. Lets say your trade works out and we get Leetch Strum and Slegr for Lidstrom. So we get Leetch who is 2 years older then Lids and will be harder to move in the off season. we get Slegr who is probably better then Lilja but makes more money. Plus Strum. So your trade goes through and we can't move leetch in the off season so we are stuck for 4 million Lidstrom retires end of season. Chara hits the market wanting 4 million a season over 4 And we can't find a taker for Leetch. So we miss Chara. but have Slegr and Strum. when we could have just let Nick retire and picked up Chara and who knows what.
So trade Nick get 3 players two marginal at best and who's going to be another year older and slower. and free up 700,000 in cap space or wait till Nick retires grab a Chara type player and have 3 million left to play with? I know which way I'm going.

Leetch at 4 million this year.
Sleger at 950,000 this year
Strum at 2 million this year

Lidstrom at 7.6 Million this year

Chara at 3.7 million this year.

Edited by BringDMacBack, 01 December 2005 - 02:52 PM.

#9 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:52 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ December 1, 2005 - 03:06PM)
Meant to put Boston in Title sorry. rolleyes.gif

Although that wouldn't be bad either. Turco and Skoula and heck throw a draft pick in there. Edmonton for Smith and Dvorak and a pick. I could go on all day the possiblitys are endless when your dealing #5. yowza.gif

#10 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 02:55 PM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 1, 2005 - 03:51PM)
Why is it in these Lidstrom discussions it always comes down to lets trade him NOW so we get something. My feeling is if he retires after this year we've already gotten 14 seasons out of him, He retires we have his cap money. to go after someone else. Lets say your trade works out and we get Leetch Strum and Slegr for Lidstrom. So we get Leetch who is 2 years older then Lids and will be harder to move in the off season. we get Slegr who is probably better then Lilja but makes more money. Plus Strum. So your trade goes through and we can't move leetch in the off season so we are stuck for 4 million Lidstrom retires end of season. Chara hits the market wanting 4 million a season over 4 And we can't find a taker for Leetch. So we miss Chara. but have Slegr and Strum. when we could have just let Nick retire and picked up Chara and who knows what.
So trade Nick get 3 players two marginal at best and who's going to be another year older and slower. and free up 700,000 in cap space or wait till Nick retires grab a Chara type player and have 3 million left to play with? I know which way I'm going.

You make alot of good points, it's just I know you can get like 3 for 1 and bulster the line up THIS year and it's just hard for me to pass on if I were Kenny.

#11 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:06 PM

Or, Lidstrom, Lang and Williams to CBJ for #91 Foote, and Nash....just joking I know not Nash but throw Zherdev in there. Or Lidstorm, Lang and Williams to Philly for Forsberg Rathji and another Dman or a pick.

#12 ufcredwingfan

ufcredwingfan

FreeBird

• PipPip
  • 392 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:11 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ December 1, 2005 - 03:55PM)
QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 1, 2005 - 03:51PM)
Why is it in these Lidstrom discussions it always comes down to lets trade him NOW so we get something. My feeling is if he retires after this year we've already gotten 14 seasons out of him, He retires we have his cap money. to go after someone else.  Lets say your trade works out and we get Leetch Strum and Slegr for Lidstrom. So we get Leetch who is 2 years older then Lids and will be harder to move in the off season. we get Slegr who is probably better then Lilja but makes more money. Plus Strum. So your trade goes through and we can't move leetch in the off season so we are stuck for 4 million Lidstrom retires end of season. Chara hits the market wanting 4 million a season over 4 And we can't find a taker for Leetch. So we miss Chara. but have Slegr and Strum. when we could have just let Nick retire and picked up Chara and who knows what.

You make alot of good points, it's just I know you can get like 3 for 1 and bulster the line up THIS year and it's just hard for me to pass on if I were Kenny.

BringDMacBack I'm totaly with you. Why in the hell would that trade even make sence? If Lids retires after this season then we will have the money to grab Chara and a impact forward thats if chara wants to come here. Plus I'm guessing that if Shanny wants to stay in Det that he'll take a pay cut to finish his carear here.

#13 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:16 PM

The trade makes sense because you get 3 solid players for 1 great one. Kinda like what Boston just did. Plus Chara's not as great as what everyone thinks IMO. You know, if he makes 3.7 mill this year the wings aren't going to get him for 4. Also if Ottawa wins the Cup (which they will if the wings don't make a big move) then why wouldn't they resign him. Then we still miss out on him plus we made no improvments this year.

#14 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ December 1, 2005 - 04:16PM)
Also if Ottawa wins the Cup (which they will if the wings don't make a big move) then why wouldn't they resign him.

Priceless. Guaranteeing the cup win.

#15 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:29 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ December 1, 2005 - 04:24PM)
Priceless. Guaranteeing the cup win.

You know a better pick. That's beside the point anyway. Everybody knows we could put together a package including Lidstrom and all other 29 teams would ask what we want. I'm not a Lidstrom hater I like the guy, but I'm also not a slappy that would rather keep him even if it means giving up on some great deals to improve the WHOLE TEAM.

#16 Heaton

Heaton

Oh noez

• HoF Booster Mod
  • 9,311 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:30 PM

Nothing we could get back for Lidstrom would replace the gaping hole that he'd leave behind on our blueline.
Moral victories are for losers.

#17 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:31 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ December 1, 2005 - 04:29PM)
You know a better pick. That's beside the point anyway. Everybody knows we could put together a package including Lidstrom and all other 29 teams would ask what we want. I'm not a Lidstrom hater I like the guy, but I'm also not a slappy that would rather keep him even if it means giving up on some great deals to improve the WHOLE TEAM.

Ok, so you mean trade away a huge piece from the weakest part of our team to improve it?

Why not trade one of the centers we have first?

#18 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:39 PM

QUOTE (Heaton @ December 1, 2005 - 04:30PM)
Nothing we could get back for Lidstrom would replace the gaping hole that he'd leave behind on our blueline.

Come on dude, he's good but seriously. Besides if he retires next year were going to have to replace it anyway. If we go into the playoffs with this D core (including Kronwall) we'll be heading home with no Cup agian. I'd take #23 Kronwall Cheli 2 good D and 1 forward you could get for Nick,along with Lilija. One guy don't make the whole team and he don't make up the whole D core. I'm sorry. It's so funny too because back in like his 2nd year I was argueing with everyone who was booing him and wanted him traded cause he did hit to keep him. I was right then and IMO im right now.

#19 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 03:40 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ December 1, 2005 - 04:31PM)
Ok, so you mean trade away a huge piece from the weakest part of our team to improve it?

Why not trade one of the centers we have first?

I said throw Lang in there and you'll get even more back hell 4 and a pick for 2 sounds great to me.

#20 norrisnick

norrisnick

GOAT

• Bronze Booster
  • 16,002 posts

Posted 01 December 2005 - 04:05 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ December 1, 2005 - 02:39PM)
Come on dude, he's good but seriously. Besides if he retires next year were going to have to replace it anyway. If we go into the playoffs with this D core (including Kronwall) we'll be heading home with no Cup agian. I'd take #23 Kronwall Cheli 2 good D and 1 forward you could get for Nick,along with Lilija. One guy don't make the whole team and he don't make up the whole D core. I'm sorry. It's so funny too because back in like his 2nd year I was argueing with everyone who was booing him and wanted him traded cause he did hit to keep him. I was right then and IMO im right now.

And removing the most important piece of our core increases our odds how exactly?

peace

Posted Image