• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bringback91

Lidstrom to Dallas?

Rate this topic

lol...

Never, ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever.

Did you just make this up?

lol...

Never, ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever,ever, ever, ever.

Did you just make this up?

Well yeah, I mean I got the city wrong in the title but it does say "just an idea don't freak" I just think it's funny you laugh cause of Lidstrom but if I put Datsyuk you'd be like "yeah that'd be great!" Whatever it's cool we'll eat his contract this year and when we don't get the Cup he'll leave to Sweden and we won't get anything for him. Sounds great. thumbdown.gif

Well yeah, I mean I got the city wrong in the title but it does say "just an idea don't freak" I just think it's funny you laugh cause of Lidstrom but if I put Datsyuk you'd be like "yeah that'd be great!"  Whatever it's cool we'll eat his contract this year and when we don't get the Cup he'll leave to Sweden and we won't get anything for him. Sounds great. thumbdown.gif

And you think theyd give us Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch for Datsyuk?

For that matter, you think theyd give us Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch (guys all considerably younger than Lidstrom, other than Leetch, and have longer contracts for less money) for Lidstrom?

Come on.

Essentially, the Bruins wouldve traded Thornton, Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch for Lidstrom, Primeau, and Stuart.

Edited by ARice89

For that matter, you think theyd give us Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch (guys all considerably younger than Lidstrom, other than Leetch, and have longer contracts for less money) for Lidstrom?

Come on.

No I was simply saying that there's hundreds of trade Datsyuk (wings future along with Z) threads but put one Lidstrom thread up here and everybody freaks. No not just Dats. but if you threw like one other player and a draft pick maybe. And as far as Nick yeah, he's the most sought after Dman in the leauge and since they just dumped a big contract and we'd be taking another moderate sized one off there hands then yeah they might. I don't really think Boston plans on doing much this year since they dealt Joe. I bet out of the 3 come trade deadline time only Sturm will be there anyway. Sorry that's just MO.

Well yeah, I mean I got the city wrong in the title but it does say "just an idea don't freak" I just think it's funny you laugh cause of Lidstrom but if I put Datsyuk you'd be like "yeah that'd be great!"  Whatever it's cool we'll eat his contract this year and when we don't get the Cup he'll leave to Sweden and we won't get anything for him. Sounds great. thumbdown.gif

Why is it in these Lidstrom discussions it always comes down to lets trade him NOW so we get something. My feeling is if he retires after this year we've already gotten 14 seasons out of him, He retires we have his cap money. to go after someone else. Lets say your trade works out and we get Leetch Strum and Slegr for Lidstrom. So we get Leetch who is 2 years older then Lids and will be harder to move in the off season. we get Slegr who is probably better then Lilja but makes more money. Plus Strum. So your trade goes through and we can't move leetch in the off season so we are stuck for 4 million Lidstrom retires end of season. Chara hits the market wanting 4 million a season over 4 And we can't find a taker for Leetch. So we miss Chara. but have Slegr and Strum. when we could have just let Nick retire and picked up Chara and who knows what.

So trade Nick get 3 players two marginal at best and who's going to be another year older and slower. and free up 700,000 in cap space or wait till Nick retires grab a Chara type player and have 3 million left to play with? I know which way I'm going.

Leetch at 4 million this year.

Sleger at 950,000 this year

Strum at 2 million this year

Lidstrom at 7.6 Million this year

Chara at 3.7 million this year.

Edited by BringDMacBack

Meant to put Boston in Title sorry. rolleyes.gif

Although that wouldn't be bad either. Turco and Skoula and heck throw a draft pick in there. Edmonton for Smith and Dvorak and a pick. I could go on all day the possiblitys are endless when your dealing #5. yowza.gif

Why is it in these Lidstrom discussions it always comes down to lets trade him NOW so we get something. My feeling is if he retires after this year we've already gotten 14 seasons out of him, He retires we have his cap money. to go after someone else. Lets say your trade works out and we get Leetch Strum and Slegr for Lidstrom. So we get Leetch who is 2 years older then Lids and will be harder to move in the off season. we get Slegr who is probably better then Lilja but makes more money. Plus Strum. So your trade goes through and we can't move leetch in the off season so we are stuck for 4 million Lidstrom retires end of season. Chara hits the market wanting 4 million a season over 4 And we can't find a taker for Leetch. So we miss Chara. but have Slegr and Strum. when we could have just let Nick retire and picked up Chara and who knows what.

So trade Nick get 3 players two marginal at best and who's going to be another year older and slower. and free up 700,000 in cap space or wait till Nick retires grab a Chara type player and have 3 million left to play with? I know which way I'm going.

You make alot of good points, it's just I know you can get like 3 for 1 and bulster the line up THIS year and it's just hard for me to pass on if I were Kenny.

Why is it in these Lidstrom discussions it always comes down to lets trade him NOW so we get something. My feeling is if he retires after this year we've already gotten 14 seasons out of him, He retires we have his cap money. to go after someone else.  Lets say your trade works out and we get Leetch Strum and Slegr for Lidstrom. So we get Leetch who is 2 years older then Lids and will be harder to move in the off season. we get Slegr who is probably better then Lilja but makes more money. Plus Strum. So your trade goes through and we can't move leetch in the off season so we are stuck for 4 million Lidstrom retires end of season. Chara hits the market wanting 4 million a season over 4 And we can't find a taker for Leetch. So we miss Chara. but have Slegr and Strum. when we could have just let Nick retire and picked up Chara and who knows what.

You make alot of good points, it's just I know you can get like 3 for 1 and bulster the line up THIS year and it's just hard for me to pass on if I were Kenny.

BringDMacBack I'm totaly with you. Why in the hell would that trade even make sence? If Lids retires after this season then we will have the money to grab Chara and a impact forward thats if chara wants to come here. Plus I'm guessing that if Shanny wants to stay in Det that he'll take a pay cut to finish his carear here.

The trade makes sense because you get 3 solid players for 1 great one. Kinda like what Boston just did. Plus Chara's not as great as what everyone thinks IMO. You know, if he makes 3.7 mill this year the wings aren't going to get him for 4. Also if Ottawa wins the Cup (which they will if the wings don't make a big move) then why wouldn't they resign him. Then we still miss out on him plus we made no improvments this year.

Priceless. Guaranteeing the cup win.

You know a better pick. That's beside the point anyway. Everybody knows we could put together a package including Lidstrom and all other 29 teams would ask what we want. I'm not a Lidstrom hater I like the guy, but I'm also not a slappy that would rather keep him even if it means giving up on some great deals to improve the WHOLE TEAM.

You know a better pick. That's beside the point anyway. Everybody knows we could put together a package including Lidstrom and all other 29 teams would ask what we want. I'm not a Lidstrom hater I like the guy, but I'm also not a slappy that would rather keep him even if it means giving up on some great deals to improve the WHOLE TEAM.

Ok, so you mean trade away a huge piece from the weakest part of our team to improve it?

Why not trade one of the centers we have first?

Nothing we could get back for Lidstrom would replace the gaping hole that he'd leave behind on our blueline.

Come on dude, he's good but seriously. Besides if he retires next year were going to have to replace it anyway. If we go into the playoffs with this D core (including Kronwall) we'll be heading home with no Cup agian. I'd take #23 Kronwall Cheli 2 good D and 1 forward you could get for Nick,along with Lilija. One guy don't make the whole team and he don't make up the whole D core. I'm sorry. It's so funny too because back in like his 2nd year I was argueing with everyone who was booing him and wanted him traded cause he did hit to keep him. I was right then and IMO im right now.

Ok, so you mean trade away a huge piece from the weakest part of our team to improve it?

Why not trade one of the centers we have first?

I said throw Lang in there and you'll get even more back hell 4 and a pick for 2 sounds great to me.

Come on dude, he's good but seriously. Besides if he retires next year were going to have to replace it anyway. If we go into the playoffs with this D core (including Kronwall) we'll be heading home with no Cup agian. I'd take #23 Kronwall Cheli 2 good D and 1 forward you could get for Nick,along with Lilija. One guy don't make the whole team and he don't make up the whole D core. I'm sorry. It's so funny too because back in like his 2nd year I was argueing with everyone who was booing him and wanted him traded cause he did hit to keep him. I was right then and IMO im right now.

And removing the most important piece of our core increases our odds how exactly?

peace

And come Ottawa with an early exit and up against the cap and Chara wanting more money. Well with Nick retired we have the cash to lure him here. And why would not want to play for the Wings? And why in the hell would we want Leetch who just returned from a MCL injury? There are better D men out there for the money. Chara would be a pretty good fit here as would McCabe or Salo. You have to start thinking salary cap hockey now. So in the spirt start looking around the leauge at who can pick up right now with 1.3 million and Mark Mowers. If anyone here wants to admit it or not Fischer is done for the year if not forever. The only thing we will do D wise is get a warm body in that slot. Wonder if Lilja has a brother?

Edited by BringDMacBack

Come on.

Essentially, the Bruins wouldve traded Thornton, Sturm, Samsonov, and Leetch for Lidstrom, Primeau, and Stuart.

Let me see this addition..

Boston/San Jose-actual trade: Thornton/Sturm+Primeau+Stuart

Detroit/Boston-proposed trade: Lidstrom/Sturm+Samsonov+Leetch

So Boston trades away Thornton, Samsonov, and Leetch to get Lidstrom, Primeau, and Stuart.

Thornton--Lidstrom...fair deal.

Samsonov--Stuart...fair deal.

Leetch--Primeau

Ok, so the basic variance in whether Boston comes out ahead or not is whether you would make the Brian Leetch/Wayne Primeau swap, and from which side?

Boston comes out just fine...a little weakened up front but damn strong on defense. And probably better overall.