• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bringback91

Lidstrom to Dallas?

Rate this topic

you know bringback91 you've done amazing things here for this forum and message board. We should have an award for you or something. Any ideas out there?

you know bringback91 you've done amazing things here for this forum and message board. We should have an award for you or something. Any ideas out there?

Well, you know I just state my opinions and ideas. Theres pleanty of threads that people don't agree with. Im not trying to do anything amazing for anyone or anything. Snide remarks seems to be all you can bring so, yeah I got an idea for a award. How about for 1 whole day, your forced to talk s..t to someone's face instead of over the computer. I think you might be a little more considerate and a little less of a smartass. By the way go back and read eva units post. The trade makes sense. I said in the begining it's just an idea, just cause you don't agree with it doesn't make it right or wrong. Don't worry though you can still wear your #5 jersey and keep all your Nick posters on your wall. And I'll go back to school so I can learn how to add all these pearls of wisdom that you so often and boldly bring to this website. I'll try to mold my self after your style and make all my opinions just like yours. That should be a great website. We'll all have the same opinion and make sure that our posts are both earthshatering revolations and prophetic. Cause they have to be if were to all be like you huh Seth?

What are you talking about. "Don't freak out, it's just an idea". I really don't understand how that is even a logical idea dude. Okay, Leetch is good, but he's getting to the end of his career. His injuires this year has really slowed him down. Lidstrom has more hockey left in him than Leetch. Did you even watch him in Toronto? He's not the same. Holland would be the dumbest guy in the league if he offered Lidstrom for Leetch. Strum will cost to much. You must not understand how Boston works. Boston is a cry baby city that asks for damn near everything. I'll say it early here, but when you trade with Boston, be ready to give up more than an equal trade. Samsonov is not a realistic idea either. Grant that he's good, but he's not as good as the rest of the league thought he'd be, and he's slowing down. He'll also be a free agent next season, and think about how much money he'll be asking to be signed anywhere because of his stellar rookie season. And why in the world would you even think about bringing Slegr back? Slegr's career went downhill the year before he arrived in Atlanta. He's was so lucky to become a Wing that one year. To even bring him back would be a joke. Also, keep in mind that Lidstrom has a $10 million contract. No one is going to take that money, and I don't think there is any club right now that can afford to take his contract with the salary cap. His $10 million contract will turn every other club away from wanting to trade for him. He's also been a longtime Wing, and there is no reason in the world to ever trade him.

While reading everyone else, I want to add this after my last. DO NOT REPLY EVERYTIME SOMEONE SAYS SOMETHING TO YOU. THINK ABOUT WHAT THEY SAY. YOU ARE NOT ALWAYS RIGHT. You sound like a prick dude. I'm sorry, but really, think about the trades your saying. Lidstrom, Lang, and Williams to Columbus for Fedorov, Nash, Foote, and the other forward. Common dude. Think real here. Why in the world would Columbus make that trade. That would totally destroy their goal for this season of what they are trying to occomplish. And those three to Philadelphia for Forsberg, Mike, and another defenseman. Dude get real. There is no way that Philadelphia would give up Forsberg. If you don't like Lidstrom dude, fine. That's cool. But most of us members do. So therefore, don't talk crap about trading him if you can't back it up correctly. There are certain reasons not to trade him. 1) He makes to much money, and teams don't want to trade for that. 2) If he gets traded, it'll be Holland's head. 3) He's a fan favorite, and he's been a Wing his whole career, so he'll stay a Wing. Think about this before responding, and if you do, it should be not tomarrow, but within the next two to three days.

Thanks for the pointers, but it's tough to have disscussions with people if I don't respond. As far as sounding like a "prick". Not totally uncalled for since I've made some comments on here (since apologized for) I shouldn't have made. Kind of like the one you just made. Theres no need to talk down to me like your high and mighty. I don't answer to you, and it is just an idea. Maybe just go and read the posts a little more carefully. I don't hate Lidstrom and I've already said that. The trade "ideas from inside my head, no sources or even rumors" for the most part would work out in the money aspect. Since were giving out pointers maybe you shouldn't speak for the whole site next time either. Chill out dude, it's nothing more than a bunch of IM's. I am thinking real, it's Hollands head if the wings bomb out of the playoffs again. I simply said "shop him around", fan favorites don't mean as much as they used to, to a GM. I've seen a whole lot of fan favorites (captains) being moved this year. Anyway, just an idea don't freak. p.s. 10 mil is a pre cap figure.

I like Lidstrom, too, but he hasn't made the offensive impact he used too (and I haven't exactly been following him, but I know people will freak out over this). I've never liked Forsberg, but he's a big grinder/scorer; Lidstrom costs too much, but so does Forsberg. Who're Detrtoits prospects? Other than Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Howard... I'd like to see a high caliber young guy, someone like Eric Staal for Lidstrom.

I like Lidstrom, too, but he hasn't made the offensive impact he used too (and I haven't exactly been following him, but I know people will freak out over this). I've never liked Forsberg, but he's a big grinder/scorer; Lidstrom costs too much, but so does Forsberg. Who're Detrtoits prospects? Other than Datsyuk and Zetterberg, Howard... I'd like to see a high caliber young guy, someone like Eric Staal for Lidstrom.

That's what I was saying. A package with Lids will get you basically whatever you want. I wasn't saying he was bad, cause if he was you wouldn't get anything for him. It's the exact opposite, he's really good and every team would want a player like him.

Point taken, and sorry for being an ass. At least give me credit for owning up to it. I wasn't trying to sound all might over you. That's just a reading mistake that all people accidently do around the world with what they think the other person's tone of voice is. I looked at what you said again, and I now wonder, in your opinion, is there any other team if Holland were to trade Lidstrom that "you" would like to see him trade to instead of Boston? Maybe Ottawa or Calgary? I know Calgary may be a bad choice, because the team always gives up hell, but what do you think? The Philadelphia idea still seems far fetched, but the idea is right. Hey, if we could pull of the Columbus trade that people were thinking, maybe it would work. Maybe getting rid of Williams is not such a great idea though.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to answer to you. I'm sorry that you got that impression of me. I was just commiting and being very detailed, because that's how I am. So therefore, it comes out that way.

How about this, take my two or three questions, and if you want, let me know about them?

Sorry to piss you off and get on the wrong foot.

Point taken, and sorry for being an ass. At least give me credit for owning up to it. I wasn't trying to sound all might over you. That's just a reading mistake that all people accidently do around the world with what they think the other person's tone of voice is. I looked at what you said again, and I now wonder, in your opinion, is there any other team if Holland were to trade Lidstrom that "you" would like to see him trade to instead of Boston? Maybe Ottawa or Calgary? I know Calgary may be a bad choice, because the team always gives up hell, but what do you think? The Philadelphia idea still seems far fetched, but the idea is right. Hey, if we could pull of the Columbus trade that people were thinking, maybe it would work. Maybe getting rid of Williams is not such a great idea though.

Oh, and I wasn't trying to answer to you. I'm sorry that you got that impression of me. I was just commiting and being very detailed, because that's how I am. So therefore, it comes out that way.

How about this, take my two or three questions, and if you want, let me know about them?

Sorry to piss you off and get on the wrong foot.

It's cool. I know some of the trade "ideas" were far fetched, I was just tring to say Lids would be the biggest trade in a long time, and the wings would definitly get some big time players in return. As far as which team, for the wings sake I would hope it would be an Eastern team. Maybe work on something with the Rangers (playoff contender). He would definetly have to go to a contender. Ottawa might actually be a great fit also.

From a business perspectivce he's chewing up most the budget. You could have 3 quality players instead of one of him. Yes he's a great p[layer, but love for the player should not overshadow the good of the company. I brought this up at the beginning of the year and everyone was coming after me with torches and a noose.

From a business perspectivce he's chewing up most the budget. You could have 3 quality players instead of one of him. Yes he's a great p[layer, but love for the player should not overshadow the good of the company. I brought this up at the beginning of the year and everyone was coming after me with torches and a noose.

Yeah, I know the feeling. huh.gif

From a business perspective you also need to take the "everyone was coming after me with torches and a noose" into consideration. He's a beloved fixture on a successful team. Lidstrom helps make Ilitch money and helps Holland/Babcock win games.

peace

From a business perspective you also need to take the "everyone was coming after me with torches and a noose" into consideration. He's a beloved fixture on a successful team. Lidstrom helps make Ilitch money and helps Holland/Babcock win games.

peace

True, he definently helps make money, but I don't think the Wings have much trouble in the making money department. Besides, I know he's obviously very popular, but I don't think they sold 7.6 million in Lidstrom jerseys this year.

From a business perspective you also need to take the "everyone was coming after me with torches and a noose" into consideration.  He's a beloved fixture on a successful team.  Lidstrom helps make Ilitch money and helps Holland/Babcock win games. 

peace

True, he definently helps make money, but I don't think the Wings have much trouble in the making money department. Besides, I know he's obviously very popular, but I don't think they sold 7.6 million in Lidstrom jerseys this year.

And he also hasn't been completely worthless on the ice so as to necessitate $7.6M in jersey sales to make him "worth it."

peace

From a business perspective you also need to take the "everyone was coming after me with torches and a noose" into consideration.  He's a beloved fixture on a successful team.  Lidstrom helps make Ilitch money and helps Holland/Babcock win games. 

peace

And he also hasn't been completely worthless on the ice so as to necessitate $7.6M in jersey sales to make him "worth it."

peace

No, but Nicks performance isn't what brings the money in. That money will be rolling in years after Nicks gone. Look at the waiting list for season tickets alone. I don't know if you ever played sports but, you have to admitt one player doesn't make a whole team. Look how his game goes down when he's stuck with Lilja. That's why I think getting 2 or 3 good players is better than having 1 great player. Less ice time for your worst players.

Less ice time for your worst players.

Totally out of context but I must say it...

Yet Chelios still manages to find the ice time to make bad clears and giveaways in front of his net.

I agree with the less Ice time for your worst players. I think Rivers should play instead of Lilja, IMO Lilja is the weaker of the two and more detrimental to the teams performance.

Totally out of context but I must say it...

Yet Chelios still manages to find the ice time to make bad clears and giveaways in front of his net.

I agree with the less Ice time for your worst players. I think Rivers should play instead of Lilja, IMO Lilja is the weaker of the two and more detrimental to the teams performance.

Agreed about Rivers. I kind of like Cheli though, sure he makes mistakes but, come on the dude is old and he's still hanging in there. He was slated to be the 6th D man before all these injurys, and I think he's TRIED to step his game up. I think he'll be more valuble when we get further along in the season and hopefully get some more guys (thourgh recovery or trade) and he gets less ice time.

Lilja has been a huge disapointment this year. I kinda knew who he was when we signed him, but more for his size. I thought that he might of fitted in well with teh Wings, because he played with Nashville a few years prior to this year. And being a Nashville Predator for a year or two before becoming a Wings, I thought that he was a good pick-up, because Nashville likes to play fast and tough hockey. Lilja makes so many mistakes. Most of them being dumb turnovers and bad giveaways. Rivers should definitly play in place of Lilja. Lilja has been the worst pick-up this off-season by the Wings, but he was supposed to be better than this when we signed him.