• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sputman

Dave Lewis Spotted On Plane Coming From Nashville

Rate this topic

My dad flies to Nashville a lot for work and apparentally saw Lewis on the way back to Detroit today. He says he would have talked to him, but Lewis was in coach and my dad was in first-class (sniff, sniff). wink.gif

Find it hard to believe we'd be trading with someone in our own conference, but I suppose it's a possibility. I wonder who/what he was looking at? Maybe interviewing for a position in the Predator organization? Perhaps he's a Lee Ann Womack fan?

Speculate.

Now I understand that seeing Dave Lewis on a plane going on a plane from Nashville to Detroit is interesting. By you need to understand drumshanbo that it doesn't exactly mean we're going to trade. Yes, Lewis is a scout, but he looks at quite a few things. Trading isn't as easy as it used to be. Not even close. Plus, the Wings don't have the room to really hit a market trade. There are 29 other teams in the league, and it's Lewis's job to go to all the other cities and look at players that we might trade for only if needed. Also, when the free agent time before the season starts, Lewis can help Holland decide who he should try to sign. He also may be looking at players in the AHL if he knows that some of them may be free agents next off-season. I don't think that a trade is in thinking process, and it is not even needed right now.