• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Seth

The Griffins

Rate this topic

How many Griffians from this year team do you think have what it takes to eventually make it in the NHL?  

22 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

So we all know GR is off just to a hell of an amazing start. But if you look at the roster you'll notice a more youth oriented team, which normally doesn’t happen. Through looking at our youth one must wonder how many are actually NHL bound or have a greater chance of making it than the others? It was for this reason that I create this particular poll.

My answer would be the following:

Jiri Hudler (Even though I am not a big fan, he has non the less literally lit up the AHL scoreboard. And know Holland will not take the advantage of this trade bait)

Valtteri Filppula (though small in stature, he works his a$$ off and does his best to not get knocked down. Nearly made the Wings roster at camp.)

Kyle Quincey (Could possibly be our next Lidstrom, if not oh well he’ll then pan out to be a 2nd line defenseman that can put up points and help quarterback the power play.)

Jimmy Howard (we already got rumors of him on these boards staying as a permanent Red Wing this season. We’ll all knew he would be good, but did anyone really think he would this good so quick?)

Ryan Oulahen (Ya I know he’s not having an impressive year but don’t count him out yet. He’s a hell of a player and I think he’s just needs another year of seasoning in the AHL. I’m pulling for him this year but I could see him feeling over shadowed and a bit misplaced as this is his first pro year.)

and that isn't even counting McGrath or Kindl who are taking names for the Rangers.

I'm gonna go with 1-3 unless guys like Cleary and Samuelsson begin to really suck. I feel that when we lose Yzerman, Chelios, Shanahan, Lidstrom ect.. We're still going to bring in more veterens to fill those voids, I don't think we'll try doing a rebuild of any sort. So, probably Hudler, Howard and Filppula will be up here, but I don't think Quincey will be here on a regular basis next year just yet.

oh I didn't mean by next year sorry my bad. Sh*t also spelled the topic wrong....ahh should slow down on the wake and bake. Alright well you get what IM sayin. I think your right Heaton I don't see the Wings rebuildin. They'll bring in another string of vets the good news if this truly is say the last year of Chelly, Yzerman, Shanny, Woolley and possibly Lids then well have some much needed room to lock up Chara in a 3-5 year deal which would be sick as sh*t. Crap we might not even need to shop for a goaltender if we get lucky and Howard breaks out. Which would leave more room to land something this organization hasn't had in a long time..... actual Power Forward!!!!!! But who knows only the play of the puck will tell.

Edited by Seth

Ah, well, if we're just not talking about next year I could see at least 5 or maybe 7 eventually making it. They won't all make an impact, but they have the skills to make a team.

Wow, Seth and Heaton getting along once.........tongue.gif i kid, i kid.

hey im tryin to play nice here...in fact the last couple of posts heaton has made around the boards ive actually agreed alot with what hes been saying.

I could see Hudler, Flippula, Quincey, Howard, Bootland, Oulahen, Meech and Kopecky up here one day...

Smart pick in Booter I totally forgot there...but Meech and Kerpunky. I guess I just don't see it.

Bonello, Keller, Jackson, Richards, Wilson, Amadio are the guys I think probably will not make an NHL team.

Hudler, Kopecky, Filppula, McDonell, Manlow, MacLean, Bootland, Helmer, Quincey, MacIntyre, Himelfarb are the guys who have either made a roster in the past or I think have an excellent shot.

The other guys are somewhere in between, with a chance at making it down the line, but they are either just not good enough or getting too old as a minor leaguer to be given the grade of probable.

Well, we all know that Hudler, Filppula, and Quincey got a call. Lebda's been up for a while.

But I think Ellis would be ready for a shot in Detroit.

I also think that Kopecky is deserving of a shot in Detroit, he's really worked hard this season, 10 goals so far this season and he's hitting and making plays and he's hustling all over the ice.