• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
timothy1997

BCS Sucks!

Rate this topic

OREGON GOT SCREWED!!!

Notre Dame UNDESERVINGLY beat out Oregon to get in the BCS bowls.

This is another perfect example of the east coast-biasis in the BCS. The Irish lost 2 games this season. Losing to USC and Michigan State. No one will discredit them for losing to the #1 ranked Trojans, but that loss to the Spartans looks pretty bad now.

Oregon on the other hand. Lost to USC....AND THATS IT!!! They lost to the Trojans early which normally is easier to recover from as far as the polls. The BCS ITSELF thought that the Ducks were a better team than the Irish in putting Oregon #5 and Notre Dame #6.

As great a team Oregon was this year, you would think they would good to a good bowl. WRONG!! They are sent to the Holiday Bowl. TALK ABOUT GETTING SCREWED.

Notre Dame also lost to Michigan, but the referees decided Michigan would have to get into the end zone on two consecutive plays to be awarded a TD, so those points never went up.

Notre Dame is only ranked so high because they never dropped. They were ahead of Oregon last week and the week before, and if a team wins, the only way it'll drop in the rankings is if its Michigan.

EDIT: And Oregon IS ranked ahead of Notre Dame in the BCS.

The problem for them lies in that they are behind Ohio State and did not win their conference.

Notre Dame's top six finish guarantees them an At-Large bid, even if one of Oregon and OSU get screwed.

And before you go 'well Oregon only lost to USC' Ohio State only lost to Penn State and Texas.

Edited by eva unit zero

Notre Dame also lost to Michigan, but the referees decided Michigan would have to get into the end zone on two consecutive plays to be awarded a TD, so those points never went up.

Notre Dame is only ranked so high because they never dropped. They were ahead of Oregon last week and the week before, and if a team wins, the only way it'll drop in the rankings is if its Michigan.

Are those mean ole referees and media types pickin' on the poor widdle Wolverines again? Awwwwww rolleyes.gif

The problem for them lies in that they are behind Ohio State and did not win their conference.

Notre Dame's top six finish guarantees them an At-Large bid, even if one of Oregon and OSU get screwed.

And before you go 'well Oregon only lost to USC' Ohio State only lost to Penn State and Texas.

Wow, you're still on that. Michigan played terrible that game and deserved to lose. If they'd had played the entire game with the urgency they did at the end, maybe you'd have a point in being angry with this still.

And they got it right, who cares about Oregon? PAC 10 football is a joke. Oregon is a solid team, but who did they beat? At least Notre Dame had a Michigan win on their resume.

Either way, I'm extremely excited about an Ohio State-Notre Dame matchup. The traditions are amongst the best of the best. And I think we have a real good chance of blowing those bastards out of the water.

Wow, you're still on that. Michigan played terrible that game and deserved to lose. If they'd had played the entire game with the urgency they did at the end, maybe you'd have a point in being angry with this still.

And they got it right, who cares about Oregon? PAC 10 football is a joke. Oregon is a solid team, but who did they beat? At least Notre Dame had a Michigan win on their resume.

Either way, I'm extremely excited about an Ohio State-Notre Dame matchup. The traditions are amongst the best of the best. And I think we have a real good chance of blowing those bastards out of the water.

I am not denying the buckeyes stake in the BCS....they deserved it after the season they had...but lets face it. MICHIGAN WAS TERRRIBLE THIS YEAR!! *clapping hands* OVER-RATED!!! *clapping hands*

Oregon has a good team. Notre Dame has a good team. Oregon is better tho. Both played USC and lost. Notre Dame lost to the crappy Michigan State Spartans!!!!

It's just always going to be flawed. It sucks but it's something we got to accept. There are going to be pipe jobs pretty much every year.

I'm a pretty big LSU fan (though not as insane as their die-hards) so the sharing of the title with USC was goofy. Oklahoma didn't even deserve to play in the national championship after losing the Big-12 title game that year. Same kinda deal with Nebraska getting smoked in their final Big-12 game vs. Colorado.

I am not denying the buckeyes stake in the BCS....they deserved it after the season they had...but lets face it. MICHIGAN WAS TERRRIBLE THIS YEAR!! *clapping hands* OVER-RATED!!! *clapping hands*

Oregon has a good team. Notre Dame has a good team. Oregon is better tho. Both played USC and lost. Notre Dame lost to the crappy Michigan State Spartans!!!!

No, I agree. Notre Dame does not deserve to be as highly ranked as they are, and certainly does not deserve a BCS bid. Notre Dame finished behind Oregon in the Coaches' poll and in the computer rankings. Imagine where they (and Michigan for that matter) would have placed had the Michigan/ND game been properly scored...The places might be reversed.

One word

TELEVISION RATINGS!!!!!!! Notre Dame is gonna draw in more attention and in turn produce more money than Oregon would. Simple as that.

One word

TELEVISION RATINGS!!!!!!! Notre Dame is gonna draw in more attention and in turn produce more money than Oregon would. Simple as that.

EXACTLY!!!

Notre Dame got the BCS berth by what it does OFF the field, not ON it.

I am thinking back to the ND-UM game and I can't recall UM getting screwed. Just because they gave the ball away does not mean the refs screwed them. Seems to me that they screwed themselves. Look ND lost to USC by three points on the last play of the game while Oregon got their asses handed to them by 45 points. Seems to me that ND is a better team just by looking at this. I bet if you ask every USC player who the better team is they will tell you it is ND. Now when ND beats OSU will anyone admit they deserved their place in the game? Probably not.

One word

TELEVISION RATINGS!!!!!!!  Notre Dame is gonna draw in more attention and in turn produce more money than Oregon would.  Simple as that.

EXACTLY!!!

Notre Dame got the BCS berth by what it does OFF the field, not ON it.

by being ranked in the top six, Notre Dame was guaranteed a berth. Its how the BCS is written.

Even though two other at-large teams were ahead of them, they got the berth because the BCS rules give a slot to each major conference winner, and Notre Dame should they be top six because they are independent and cannot win a conference berth.

It's not really fair--were it Army, Navy, Temple, or any minor conference champion such as 10-1 TCU, Oregon would be going.

Oh. BTW since you are saying that ND should not be there because of 2 losses you must agree that OSU should not be there either. After all they lost twice too. What about FSU, they are in a BCS Bowl with 4 losses and no ranking at all. Come on, be consistent. Don't let your anti-Notre Dame bias show too much.

I am thinking back to the ND-UM game and I can't recall UM getting screwed. Just because they gave the ball away does not mean the refs screwed them. Seems to me that they screwed themselves. Look ND lost to USC by three points on the last play of the game while Oregon got their asses handed to them by 45 points. Seems to me that ND is a better team just by looking at this. I bet if you ask every USC player who the better team is they will tell you it is ND. Now when ND beats OSU will anyone admit they deserved their place in the game? Probably not.

You remember the goal line fumble.

Remember the play before that? the first down after Avant's long reception.

Henne CLEARLY made it into the end zone.

I recorded the game on my TiVo, could pretty easily slow down the play and see that he went over. The ball was spotted at the one, and the next snap was botched and ND ended up with a touchback, The touchdown was not reviewed, but ND got the ball on a review after the initial call being down by contact, which is NOT REVIEWABLE.

Tell me how that is not total screwage.

Oh. BTW since you are saying that ND should not be there because of 2 losses you must agree that OSU should not be there either. After all they lost twice too. What about FSU, they are in a BCS Bowl with 4 losses and no ranking at all. Come on, be consistent. Don't let your anti-Notre Dame bias show too much.

OSU lost to the #2 and #3 teams in the nation, and beat everyone else they played.

Notre Dame lost to the #1 team and to a team that finished below .500. And as I said...Notre Dame should be listed with THREE losses.

I will give you the MSU lost but that was when they were playing great ball and ND lost by three points. I guess a loss is still a loss. MSU seems to be pretty good at playing great for a while and then blowing up. I still think that ND is a better team than Oregon and will prove it in their bowl game. I have not watched any replays of the ND-UM game so I don't really remember everything but from my recollection the calls seemed to be right. I truly did not expect ND to be as good as they were this year because of the way they have played the last few years.

Better watch out because they are only going to get better. Charlie Weis has some great recruiting tools and one of them is a former UM quarterback.

If there was another strong team on Oregon's schedule, maybe they would have gotten more respect. The Pac 10 is a TERRIBLE conference, and all the Duck lovers will certainly quiet down after OU hands them their as*es.

As far as the Michigan fans still whining about the refs.....get over it. It's funny, but I can't remember the last time the Michigan fans actually thought they were outplayed in a loss. All I hear is excuses about the referees and injuries. Cry me a river. You're not one of the elite football programs....deal with it.

You're not one of the elite football programs....deal with it.

This year, sure. If you think Michigan is not a top-5 football program, you have some serious head-out-of-ass-pulling to do.

But I agree that Oregon is not worthy of a BCS berth. Oregon plays in the Pac-10, a conference that had to give up it's sixth bowl berth so the ACC could put eight teams into a bowl. Oregon beat 4-7 Washington State on a last-second field goal, got absolutely stomped by USC (as opposed to Notre Dame who lost in a heartbreaker), squeaked by 3-8 Arizona, got one of their wins against I-AA Montana, and didn't play one of the few decent Pac-10 teams, UCLA. Oregon would be, at best, a four-loss team in the ACC, Big 10, SEC, or Big 12. It's too bad Oklahoma is such a pretender this year too, because Oregon would get their asses handed to them against any worthy opponent.

I accept it until there is a college football tournament similar to what takes play during college basketball.

NEVER. There's no better regular season in all of sports than college football. In basketball, you can have a nice long playoff to weed out all the Cinderellas, all the teams playing way over their heads on a hot streak. Can't do that in football. That's what the regular season is for.....if you make it to the national championship, you earned it by not tripping up in the regular season.

Ohio State lost to Texas and Penn State...both are quality teams.

Notre Dame lost to Michigan State...non-quality team.

Florida State is there because they are the ACC Champ.

NEVER. There's no better regular season in all of sports than college football. In basketball, you can have a nice long playoff to weed out all the Cinderellas, all the teams playing way over their heads on a hot streak. Can't do that in football. That's what the regular season is for.....if you make it to the national championship, you earned it by not tripping up in the regular season.

But in the past, you can go undefeated and still be screwed by the BCS. Imagine the problem if a team like LSU went undefeated or even Penn State.