• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
rick zombo

Big downer for McGrath

Rate this topic

Check it.

Later today, Canada to announce 34 invites to World Junior camp.

MacKenzie quotes sources who suggest that Red Wing draft pick, Evan McGrath (19G, 35A, in 26 games - amongst OHL point leaders) may be odd man out.

Along with Avalanche prospect Wojtek Wolski.

Not Brent Sutter's types of guys maybe?

Anyway, if this turns out to be true, bad news for McGrath.

http://www.tsn.ca/world_jrs/news_story.asp?id=145812

For the sake of the Wings. Snub him.

As an OHL rookie he had a good year and his team won the Memorial Cup. He then had an off year and plummetted in the draft. He didn't like being bumped to the 2nd day and immediately rebounded with a big year. He wasn't selected as Captain of Kitchener in favor of a younger kid and he didn't like it and immediately had an even bigger year.

If he gets left off that team he'll have a hell of a lot to prove next year. It would appear he plays better if he's not getting his way.

peace

For the sake of the Wings. Snub him.

As an OHL rookie he had a good year and his team won the Memorial Cup. He then had an off year and plummetted in the draft. He didn't like being bumped to the 2nd day and immediately rebounded with a big year. He wasn't selected as Captain of Kitchener in favor of a younger kid and he didn't like it and immediately had an even bigger year.

If he gets left off that team he'll have a hell of a lot to prove next year. It would appear he plays better if he's not getting his way.

peace

Good points. But at some point a young kid needs to get a little reward/ encouragement for his play.

Anyway, it's official. No McGrath.

http://www.tsn.ca/World_jrs/feature.asp?fid=1007

I'm really pissed about this snubbing. McGrath is an excellent set-up man with two-way abilities, and his maturity was coming along very well. I was excited to finally see a Wings prospect play for Canada at the WJC (does anyone know who the last one was?), but I guess I'll have to wait.

Anyways, McGrath seems to respond to a challenge and this will no doubt get him motivated for the rest of the season.

Check it.

MacKenzie quotes sources who suggest that Red Wing draft pick, Evan McGrath (19G, 35A, in 26 games - amongst OHL point leaders) may be odd man out.

EXACTLY. Finesse is not a word in Sutter's dictionary.

im pissed off he didnt make it but i do believe (not 100% sure) that yzerman didnt make it either , so i wouldnt give up on mcgrath by far , i seen plenty of players have good junior careers and play for team canada and not make it

anyways im most looking forward to team sweden cause we got alot of swedish prospects and im hoping we get to have quite a few there

if anyone finds out any wings prospects playing please post

Derek Meech was the last Wings pick to play for Canada's Juniors. Quincey was the final cut on last year's stacked team.

Also:

Any word on Abdelkader. Did he make the U.S. Juniors?

i don't see him there either but if he makes it it'll be a shock. U.S. is pretty stacked this year and there the favorites to win because of that guy from owen sound who's supposed to go 1 overall next year (st. louis here we come!). I'd like to see him make it though. Honestly i'm only remotly intrested so i can see how jack johnson plays and if they hype around him is true. THey say he's goign to be the next great defencemen in the nhl.

Damn, McGrath and Wolski are guys I would definitely put in the roster so damn again. Well there is an upside too. McGrath exploded when he wasn't named a captain in Kitchener, maybe being an odd-man out will make in score again 19 points in 5 games in OHL.

tongue.gif

Nope. U.S. RELEASES ROSTER

On a completely unrelated note, however, Latendresse made the Canadian WJC roster. But we won't get into that...

No he didn't.

He made the list of 18 forwards invited to final camp. He's not garanteed a spot at all.

To be fair, he's a good deal closer to making that team than anyone in our system.

You could argue that McGrath deserves to be right there with Guilliame.

So he may be a good deal closer, but this doesn't mean he should be. To be fair.

No argument from me here. I definitely think McGrath deserves a spot on that roster. He's an excellent two-way, play-maker that would absolutely flourish if he got some decent linemates. I think the whole youth movement that the WJC Canadian team is going with is questionable; I don't agree with denying older players the chance to represent their country, when they may never get this chance again. But I'm not going to claim to know more about hockey than the Canadian management team, and the fact is, they thought Latendresse was better than any other Canadian prospect we have.

To be fair. tongue.gif

Guest WestCoastWingsFan
Check it.

Isn't Wolski Polish? Why would he be invited to Canada's camp?

Check it.

Isn't Wolski Polish? Why would he be invited to Canada's camp?

Wolski was born in Poland but is a Canadian citizen and I believe grew up in Canada.

Yes, born in Poland, just like Tomek Valtonen, even though his finnish. Many years ago I was thinking, what on earth his parents were thinking giving him a name Tomek. Well that solves alot I guess, because it is as polish as it gets, just like Wojtek.