• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Go Wings!

Trade in the Works

Rate this topic

I have heard from numerous sources that aa trade in the works between the Detroit Red Wings and New York Rangers and Detroit Red Wings and and Tampa Bay Lightning.

First, we have Daniel Cleary and Jamie Rivers going to New York for Darius Kasperitus and Jason Ward.

Second, we have Manny Legace goin to Tampa for Kubina.

These are just rumors, so dont get to excited. I think it would be great to have Kasperirus and Kubina on a blue line.

I'd trade Legace for Kubina in a heartbeat. Kubina is damn good, though I doubt it would work financially. EDIT - on second thought it might work with Manny's $1M+ off the books and Jiri's $1.3M (presumably) off the books and a hefty chunk of Kronwall's $1M off the books til he returns. Kubina makes a hair over $2.5M.

peace

Edited by norrisnick

I have heard from numerous sources that aa trade in the works between the Detroit Red Wings and New York Rangers and Detroit Red Wings and and Tampa Bay Lightning.

First, we have Daniel Cleary and Jamie Rivers going to New York for Darius Kasperitus and Jason Ward.

These are just rumors, so dont get to excited. I think it would be great to have Kasperirus and Kubina on a blue line.

first of all welcome to LGW. I see you are a first time poster

second of all, i dont think that would EVER happen

look like it'd work for all the teams,..nyr loves castoffs from other teams and he'd fit in well in a rangers uniform. We'd basicly trade him in and get a more defensive player in ward. Can't imagine why anyone would want rivers but hey whatever. We get kubina and kronwall returns we have a very soild D corps.

Lidstrom Kubina

Kronwall Schnider

Lebda Chelly

looks pretty freaking good to me. Only thing is i still don't believe where going to trade legace.

Pavel Kubina is my second fav d-man following you know who so I would love to see this guy in a winged wheel probably more than anyone on this site. He is big, tough, plays great defense, and did I mention he is tough??

Anyways I really don't think this would happen unless Howard proves himself to be a solid starter night in and night out.

A more reasonable trade would be Osgood and a couple of picks for Kubina if it was going to happen this year...

Are you freakin' kidding me? A fourth-line player in Cleary and a depth defenceman like Rivers going to New York for Darius Kasparaitis and Jason Ward. First off, Kaspataitus is a top pairing defenceman for New York and his salary would put us well over the cap. Not to mention Jason Ward has made himself a fan favorite already with his blue collar style. When New York is playing their best hockey in years, why on Earth would they possibly even consider sending those two over here for a couple of scrubs like Rivers and Cleary?!

And if we weren't already over the cap when Kasparaitis came to Detroit, we certainly would be when we acquired Kubina. But this rumour, however, is not nearly as ridiculous as the New York trade.

Holy crap, at least e_mcgrath's rumours were plausible.

Are you freakin' kidding me? A fourth-line player in Cleary and a depth defenceman like Rivers going to New York for Darius Kasparaitis and Jason Ward. First off, Kaspataitus is a top pairing defenceman for New York and his salary would put us well over the cap. Not to mention Jason Ward has made himself a fan favorite already with his blue collar style. When New York is playing their best hockey in years, why on Earth would they possibly even consider sending those two over here for a couple of scrubs like Rivers and Cleary?!

And if we weren't already over the cap when Kasparaitis came to Detroit, we certainly would be when we acquired Kubina. But this rumour, however, is not nearly as ridiculous as the New York trade.

Holy crap, at least e_mcgrath's rumours were plausible.

I took it to be an either/or situation. The Rangers one I agree is extremely far fetched considering they have no need to tinker with their team right now. The Tampa one is a longshot, but if they have no confidence in their goalies (or Kubina) at the moment it might happen (if we sweaten the pot) though I wouldn't count on it.

peace

first of all welcome to LGW. I see you are a first time poster

second of all, i dont think that would EVER happen

Nobody welcomed me on my first post. wink.gif Then again, I didn't post something to the effect of trading Rivers. Maybe I would have gotten some more attention then biggrin.gif

I'd trade Legace for Kubina in a heartbeat. Kubina is damn good, though I doubt it would work financially. EDIT - on second thought it might work with Manny's $1M+ off the books and Jiri's $1.3M (presumably) off the books and a hefty chunk of Kronwall's $1M off the books til he returns. Kubina makes a hair over $2.5M.

peace

Whos gonna play goalie in the playoffs. peace out.

I just LMAO when I read this it cant happen finically. Let me show you the numbers.

Daniel Cleary 450,000

Jamie Rivers 450,000

for

Darius Kasperitus 3.344

Jason Ward 625,000

Manny Legace 1.162 million

for

Kubina 2.584

With these trades it puts us in the hole by 4.491 Do you see how this doesn't work...I have a question are you a troll or just unaware of the salary cap?

I'd trade Legace for Kubina in a heartbeat.  Kubina is damn good, though I doubt it would work financially.  EDIT - on second thought it might work with Manny's $1M+ off the books and Jiri's $1.3M (presumably) off the books and a hefty chunk of Kronwall's $1M off the books til he returns.  Kubina makes a hair over $2.5M.

peace

Whos gonna play goalie in the playoffs. peace out.

I'd go with the guy that's 44 - 33 in the playoffs.

peace

Most the trade rumors you see aroud here don't take in two important things. 1 common sense and 2 the salary cap. Common sense says that nobody is taking an injured goalie off your hands or for that matter one that had been giving up 6 goals a game. Salary cap dictates it's not even possible under the cap.st But just in case I'm wrong whats Kubina's Save % and GAA? Because with Osgood and Howard in the net we will need him to chip in.

Edited by BringDMacBack

Very interesting. I think as much as the Wings would like to have Kubina, Tampa wouldn’t let him go. I too have heard trade rumors involving the two teams. Tampa is interested in Legace, and the Wings are looking for a defenseman. A three way deal is possible, but I don’t think Tampa is willing to ship out a D man.

For obvious reasons, the other rumor doesn’t make sense to me.

Most the trade rumors you see aroud here don't take in two important things. 1 common sense and 2 the salary cap. Common sense says that nobody is taking an injured goalie off your hands or for that matter one that had been giving up 6 goals a game. Salary cap dictates it's not even possible under the cap.st But just in case I'm wrong whats Kubina's Save % and GAA? Because with Osgood and Howard in the net we will need him to chip in.

I'm Lost.....Are you referring to Legace? If so, his GAA is 2.22 and he was the defensive player of the month in October. Injured or not, teams are interested in him. If you haven’t noticed Tampa doesn’t have very strong goaltending. Though Tampa would probably not trade Kubina, it is very possible for us to take his salary. By the way, Kubina is not a goalie.. he doesnt have a Save %.. and i can assure you, he would chip in for us.

you really are a moron. You may very well be the dumbest person I've ever run into on the internet and thats saying alot.

As I said, I was lost. Why? You are very unclear and have very poor sentence structure. The goalie in the trade rumor was Legace, therefore that’s who I thought you were referring to. Legace is on the IR, but so what? Doesn’t mean teams aren’t interested. As for Osgood, his GAA is 3.25. It’s not like he lets in 6 goals on a regular basis. Your use of sarcasm (if it was that) is unclear. Are you saying Kubina must chip in net because Osgood and Howard are so damn awful?? Have you been watching hockey?? Everything you said in your post was wrong. Your ignorance if almost laughable, hence the reason I was completely lost. With that said, you are probably the dumbest person I have ever come across on the internet.

At the rate goalies are getting injured this season perhaps it's not too sensible to trade away one of your senior goalies. I wouldn't want us to be stranded with Howard and _?_ if Osgood pulls a groin later in the season...

you really are a moron. You may very well be the dumbest person I've ever run into on the internet and thats saying alot.

your gonna get banned for foaming at the mouth.

For the most part, J-Swift is right. The trade sounds to far fetched. We all have to keep in mind that Holland only has $1 million at the most to use if he wants to do "any" move. So getting rid of Legace and acquiring Kubina and Kasparaitis would put us way over the cap limit. So with the cap space that we have left, Kubina and Kasparaitis both are out of the question by a long shot. In general thoughts though, Kubina would look good in a Winged Wheel. Are for as Kasparaitis, I don't want him here. One, I'm not a big fan of him, and two, I think his good days are gone. He showed me much more talent in his early days in Pittsburgh. And when it comes to Rivers and Cleary, I'm sorry, but nobody is going to want to trade for Rivers, and only if a team is deperate to try something else, they might make a pitch for Cleary, but the return wouldn't be any better with what we get. You really need to think about the salary cap, because that is what is hurting the Wings from doing anything.