• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 csdan

csdan

4th Line Grinder

• PipPip
  • 244 posts

Posted 06 December 2005 - 11:12 PM

The Avs recalled Kolesnik (G) from Lowell today. No word if Abby is sick or if a trade is in the works.

#2 rage

rage

Nicklas ~The World's Best~ Lidstrom

• Silver Booster
  • 3,879 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:12 AM

Would'nt be suprised. With all the talk about trading Abby. I guess their goaltending is a big issue in their opinion.

Posted Image

#3 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:13 PM

Hope its not for Luongo... but yea theyre prolly up to something.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#4 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 12:41 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ December 7, 2005 - 01:13PM)
Hope its not for Luongo... but yea theyre prolly up to something.

as i've stated several times,..i will vomit if the avs get luongo

#5 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 01:44 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ December 7, 2005 - 01:41PM)

With all the luck theyve had in previous years concerning trades (see signature), its about time that one of them screws THEM over instead of vice versa.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#6 BringDMacBack

BringDMacBack

Norris Nick Osgood Slappy if your not your banned too,

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:31 PM

It's looking more and more like Abby is out and Luongo is in. Nobody is sick or hurt the AVS have 3 healthy goalies on the roster. I would guess that Luongo might not make it to Colorado in time for the game after the trade but Abby will be out by next week. Makes Budja the Starter till Luongo gets in town and Kolesnik the backup and tossed back to the AHL when he gets there. The big question is who else is going in that trade? With Luongo at 3.2 mil and Abby at 1.9 mil I'd expect to see Brisbois in a straight up deal Abby and Bris for Luongo unless there might be a 3rd team in the mix.

Edited by BringDMacBack, 07 December 2005 - 02:38 PM.

#7 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:45 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ December 7, 2005 - 01:41PM)

Yeah, me too, but they have alot of other concerns also. That being said I kind of want them to get better so it can revive the dying rivalry.

#8 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 02:54 PM

QUOTE (ARice89 @ December 7, 2005 - 02:44PM)
With all the luck theyve had in previous years concerning trades (see signature), its about time that one of them screws THEM over instead of vice versa.

Lacroix has made some real stinkers lately. Some of his trades have kinda perplexed me.

#9 larionov_8

larionov_8

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 433 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 04:42 PM

Well, Florida is really putting themselves on the ropes if they pull the trigger with that trade. They would have to be getting a huge scorer in return, like Heduyk (spelling?).

#10 MUDSHARK

MUDSHARK

Now With Staingard

• PipPip
  • 314 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:23 PM

"Hejduk," as in "Hedge-Duck" (or "Hay-Duke")...

#11 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 05:55 PM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 7, 2005 - 03:31PM)
With Luongo at 3.2 mil and Abby at 1.9 mil I'd expect to see Brisbois in a straight up deal Abby and Bris for Luongo unless there might be a 3rd team in the mix.

Aebischer and Breezy for Luongo? No way.

#12 Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grind_Lines_#1_Fan

Grinder

• PipPip
  • 402 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 08:19 PM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 7, 2005 - 02:31PM)
It's looking more and more like Abby is out and Luongo is in. Nobody is sick or hurt the AVS have 3 healthy goalies on the roster. I would guess that Luongo might not make it to Colorado in time for the game after the trade but Abby will be out by next week. Makes Budja the Starter till Luongo gets in town and Kolesnik the backup and tossed back to the AHL when he gets there. The big question is who else is going in that trade? With Luongo at 3.2 mil and Abby at 1.9 mil I'd expect to see Brisbois in a straight up deal Abby and Bris for Luongo unless there might be a 3rd team in the mix.

Jim Cummins could go but that is not nearly enough.

#13 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 07 December 2005 - 09:57 PM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 7, 2005 - 03:31PM)

try again

#14 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 06:32 PM

I think the only reason that Kolesnik was called up, is because Colorado is getting so impatient. They are so used to winning, that I think they're about ready to try anything to get back to that winning state. Aebischer has been sucking it up, and Budja hasn't been any better. Everything for them has gone downhill since the reitrement of Roy, and the whole hockey world knows it. Don't look that much into it. It's basically something new for them to try. Maybe they are SO impatient, that they are willing to see if Kolesnik for some reason can do any better, and get Colorado back to winning games.

#15 ShanTheMan14

ShanTheMan14

Z

• PipPipPipPip
  • 917 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 08:58 PM

Who would they package with Aebischer to get Luongo? No names on their roster (besides the untouchables, Sakic, Hejduk, Blake) jump out at me as having much value to Florida. Florida needs offense, and the only player I can see Lacroix willing to part with (that the Panthers would take) is Alex Tanguay (as he has been involved in his fair share of rumors the last few seasons).
Good luck in New York, Shanny.