• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:34 PM

Looks like someone else besides me has heard something....

http://v2.hockeybuzz...gger=1&post=778

#2 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:42 PM

The Devils?!? I guess that makes sense but, he's expensive to use as a back up. blink.gif

#3 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 12:45 PM

I agree. I figured he would go to a team that was desperate for a starting goalie.

#4 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:12 PM

I don't understand why the Kings need another goalie. I don't know about you guys, but don't you think that they are good with what they got in Garon and LaBarbera? They are off to the best start in a while. In a general standpoint, the Kings should be proud with what they currently got.

#5 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:16 PM

QUOTE (fatcat6 @ December 8, 2005 - 02:12PM)
I don't understand why the Kings need another goalie. I don't know about you guys, but don't you think that they are good with what they got in Garon and LaBarbera? They are off to the best start in a while. In a general standpoint, the Kings should be proud with what they currently got.

Yeah, LaBarbera is a solid goalie, I just think they may be looking to a vet for the playoffs. If not to play then as an insurance policy.

#6 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:37 PM

as usual from eklund he says where they might go but not who we get,....sad.gif

anyway i dunno i'd be more inclinded to be belive the kings then the devils. We do have a nice trade history with the kings but i'm a little lost at who we'd pick up. If we where to trade him just for a back up surly the kings wouldn't give us anything great for our troubles? If we trade legace it better be for a top 4 d-man who can hit.

#7 Seth

Seth

Now thats Grit!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,740 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:49 PM

QUOTE (e_mcgrath88 @ December 8, 2005 - 02:45PM)
I agree. I figured he would go to a team that was desperate for a starting goalie.

mcgrath this isn't meant as an attack or anything personal.
_______________________!!! _____________________________!!!? ___!
(edited for content)

dude don't buy into this guy's garbage. Eklund doesn't know squat man I'm telling you. He found out about Floppa going to the Flyers on TSN. He didn't know Heatley was going for Hossa. All he does is come up with ideas like we do. Then he gets people to buy into his fantasy crap and use it as source. Jesus ESPN does a better job getting the inside scoop than this clown.

Edited by Seth, 08 December 2005 - 01:50 PM.

Open Your Mind, and close your damn mouth.
"It's called the American Dream Because you've got to be asleep to believe it." - George Carlin

There is no theory of evolution. Just a list of creatures Derek Boogaard has allowed to live. - Johnny B

#8 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:51 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ December 8, 2005 - 02:49PM)
(edited for content)

dude don't buy into this guy's garbage. Eklund doesn't know squat man I'm telling you. He found out about Floppa going to the Flyers on TSN. He didn't know Heatley was going for Hossa. All he does is come up with ideas like we do. Then he gets people to buy into his fantasy crap and use it as source. Jesus ESPN does a better job getting the inside scoop than this clown.

You, probably don't care, but you really shouldn't use the Lord's name in vein. Just a suggestion.

#9 e_mcgrath88

e_mcgrath88

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 665 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:06 PM

QUOTE (Seth @ December 8, 2005 - 02:49PM)
(edited for content)

Fair enough. I made this post more or less for those who wouldn’t get off my back about showing them some “secondary sources�. I just wanted people to see that I didn’t pull this rumor out of my ass like many seem to think. Others are in fact talking about it, and I for one feel that I have better sources regarding this trade then Eklund does.

#10 fatcat6

fatcat6

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 625 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:09 PM

Just for a fantasy type thought, if we did trade Legace to New Jersey, who do you two thing we'll get for him? Again, I don't think we need to trade him, but if we do, I would most likely want a defenseman too. I'll let you know my decision later.

#11 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:47 PM

QUOTE (bringback91 @ December 8, 2005 - 01:42PM)
The Devils?!? I guess that makes sense but, he's expensive to use as a back up. blink.gif

My guess would be unless Manny would be backing up Clemmenson he would be the starter. Brodeurs performance this season is far from starter quality... At least based on the views of several on here.

3.11 GAA and a Save % of .892 That just about the same as our goalie who many believe shouldn't be named or even seeing starter time.

Manny would definetly be the starter for the Devils with possibly either Brodeur or Clemmensson as the backup.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#12 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,829 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:07 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ December 8, 2005 - 03:47PM)
My guess would be unless Manny would be backing up Clemmenson he would be the starter. Brodeurs performance this season is far from starter quality... At least based on the views of several on here.

3.11 GAA and a Save % of .892 That just about the same as our goalie who many believe shouldn't be named or even seeing starter time.

Manny would definetly be the starter for the Devils with possibly either Brodeur or Clemmensson as the backup.

martin Brodeur,...nhl backup,....THANKS GARRY!

#13 Rice

Rice

Hank.

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 5,957 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 08:12 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ December 8, 2005 - 09:07PM)
My guess would be unless Manny would be backing up Clemmenson he would be the starter.  Brodeurs performance this season is far from starter quality... At least based on the views of several on here.

3.11 GAA and a Save % of .892  That just about the same as our goalie who many believe shouldn't be named or even seeing starter time.

lol yeah dude. Manny Legace backing up f**king Martin Brodeur?!

Come on.
In a 2005 study published by the journal Nature, researchers at Durham University in England concluded that, across a range of sports, we found that wearing red is consistently associated with a higher probability of winning. The researchers also suggested that red's effect may subconsciously intimidate opponents in athletic contests, especially when the athletes are equal in skill and strength.

#14 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:06 PM

My guess would be unless Manny would be backing up Clemmenson he would be the starter.  Brodeurs performance this season is far from starter quality... At least based on the views of several on here.

3.11 GAA and a Save % of .892  That just about the same as our goalie who many believe shouldn't be named or even seeing starter time.

Hey I am just going by the fact that Everyone here is set on Ozzie being backup to Manny. Ozzie and Brodeur have pretty much the exact same stats this year (remember past accomplishment don't mean squat as I was told when regarding Ozzie). So yeah Manny's stats are better than Marty's at this point in time. Its tough but Brodeur is NOT playing like a starter... Especially if Ozzie isn't.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#15 yzerman4life

yzerman4life

2nd Line Scorer

• Gold Booster
  • 642 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 09:56 PM

Eklund must've been reading our forums... looney.gif
I'm out of my mind, but feel free to leave a message.

#16 J-Swift

J-Swift

Clutch

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,266 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 10:13 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ December 8, 2005 - 10:06PM)

Hey I am just going by the fact that Everyone here is set on Ozzie being backup to Manny. Ozzie and Brodeur have pretty much the exact same stats this year (remember past accomplishment don't mean squat as I was told when regarding Ozzie). So yeah Manny's stats are better than Marty's at this point in time. Its tough but Brodeur is NOT playing like a starter... Especially if Ozzie isn't.

Marty's making too much to be a backup. Not to mention the fact that he's the reigning Vezina trophy winner, and arguably the team's most popular player. Brodeur's been on the team for every Cup run and has spear-headed New Jersey's rise to elite status over the past decade. It's hard to compare his and Ozzie's situations.

#17 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:21 AM

The point is....trading Legace is not as far fetched as a lot of you thought it was. It makes a ton of sense-Howard's play, Osgood is cheaper and has started, Legace being 34 yrs old and never a starter but is making the most money, Legace being a hot commodity etc...not to mention his comments during the lockout did not endear him to ownership.

#18 Barnes52

Barnes52

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,735 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 09:43 AM

Devils? Langenbrunner/Sean Brown or Colin White anyone? yowza.gif

#19 Hatcher#2

Hatcher#2

Know Your Role

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,112 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 10:37 AM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ December 9, 2005 - 10:43AM)

Definately. thumbup.gif
"Wanna go pretty boy" Carl Racki

#20 bringback91

bringback91

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,318 posts

Posted 09 December 2005 - 12:08 PM

QUOTE (Barnes52 @ December 9, 2005 - 10:43AM)

I'd take White in a heartbeat. thumbup.gif