• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
e_mcgrath88

Legace trade.. VIA Eklund

Rate this topic

I don't understand why the Kings need another goalie. I don't know about you guys, but don't you think that they are good with what they got in Garon and LaBarbera? They are off to the best start in a while. In a general standpoint, the Kings should be proud with what they currently got.

I don't understand why the Kings need another goalie. I don't know about you guys, but don't you think that they are good with what they got in Garon and LaBarbera? They are off to the best start in a while. In a general standpoint, the Kings should be proud with what they currently got.

Yeah, LaBarbera is a solid goalie, I just think they may be looking to a vet for the playoffs. If not to play then as an insurance policy.

as usual from eklund he says where they might go but not who we get,....sad.gif

anyway i dunno i'd be more inclinded to be belive the kings then the devils. We do have a nice trade history with the kings but i'm a little lost at who we'd pick up. If we where to trade him just for a back up surly the kings wouldn't give us anything great for our troubles? If we trade legace it better be for a top 4 d-man who can hit.

I agree. I figured he would go to a team that was desperate for a starting goalie.

mcgrath this isn't meant as an attack or anything personal.

_______________________!!! _____________________________!!!? ___!

(edited for content)

dude don't buy into this guy's garbage. Eklund doesn't know squat man I'm telling you. He found out about Floppa going to the Flyers on TSN. He didn't know Heatley was going for Hossa. All he does is come up with ideas like we do. Then he gets people to buy into his fantasy crap and use it as source. Jesus ESPN does a better job getting the inside scoop than this clown.

Edited by Seth

(edited for content)

dude don't buy into this guy's garbage. Eklund doesn't know squat man I'm telling you. He found out about Floppa going to the Flyers on TSN. He didn't know Heatley was going for Hossa. All he does is come up with ideas like we do. Then he gets people to buy into his fantasy crap and use it as source. Jesus ESPN does a better job getting the inside scoop than this clown.

You, probably don't care, but you really shouldn't use the Lord's name in vein. Just a suggestion.

(edited for content)

Fair enough. I made this post more or less for those who wouldn’t get off my back about showing them some “secondary sources�. I just wanted people to see that I didn’t pull this rumor out of my ass like many seem to think. Others are in fact talking about it, and I for one feel that I have better sources regarding this trade then Eklund does.

Just for a fantasy type thought, if we did trade Legace to New Jersey, who do you two thing we'll get for him? Again, I don't think we need to trade him, but if we do, I would most likely want a defenseman too. I'll let you know my decision later.

The Devils?!? I guess that makes sense but, he's expensive to use as a back up. blink.gif

My guess would be unless Manny would be backing up Clemmenson he would be the starter. Brodeurs performance this season is far from starter quality... At least based on the views of several on here.

3.11 GAA and a Save % of .892 That just about the same as our goalie who many believe shouldn't be named or even seeing starter time.

Manny would definetly be the starter for the Devils with possibly either Brodeur or Clemmensson as the backup.

My guess would be unless Manny would be backing up Clemmenson he would be the starter. Brodeurs performance this season is far from starter quality... At least based on the views of several on here.

3.11 GAA and a Save % of .892 That just about the same as our goalie who many believe shouldn't be named or even seeing starter time.

Manny would definetly be the starter for the Devils with possibly either Brodeur or Clemmensson as the backup.

martin Brodeur,...nhl backup,....THANKS GARRY!

My guess would be unless Manny would be backing up Clemmenson he would be the starter.  Brodeurs performance this season is far from starter quality... At least based on the views of several on here.

3.11 GAA and a Save % of .892  That just about the same as our goalie who many believe shouldn't be named or even seeing starter time.

lol yeah dude. Manny Legace backing up f**king Martin Brodeur?!

Come on.

My guess would be unless Manny would be backing up Clemmenson he would be the starter.  Brodeurs performance this season is far from starter quality... At least based on the views of several on here.

3.11 GAA and a Save % of .892  That just about the same as our goalie who many believe shouldn't be named or even seeing starter time.

Hey I am just going by the fact that Everyone here is set on Ozzie being backup to Manny. Ozzie and Brodeur have pretty much the exact same stats this year (remember past accomplishment don't mean squat as I was told when regarding Ozzie). So yeah Manny's stats are better than Marty's at this point in time. Its tough but Brodeur is NOT playing like a starter... Especially if Ozzie isn't.

Hey I am just going by the fact that Everyone here is set on Ozzie being backup to Manny. Ozzie and Brodeur have pretty much the exact same stats this year (remember past accomplishment don't mean squat as I was told when regarding Ozzie). So yeah Manny's stats are better than Marty's at this point in time. Its tough but Brodeur is NOT playing like a starter... Especially if Ozzie isn't.

Marty's making too much to be a backup. Not to mention the fact that he's the reigning Vezina trophy winner, and arguably the team's most popular player. Brodeur's been on the team for every Cup run and has spear-headed New Jersey's rise to elite status over the past decade. It's hard to compare his and Ozzie's situations.

The point is....trading Legace is not as far fetched as a lot of you thought it was. It makes a ton of sense-Howard's play, Osgood is cheaper and has started, Legace being 34 yrs old and never a starter but is making the most money, Legace being a hot commodity etc...not to mention his comments during the lockout did not endear him to ownership.

Manny to be traded? Weird.

No way would he ever be starter in place of Brodeur. Sure Marty hasn't been as great as he usually is this season but he's still been pretty darn good. There are a bunch of goalies right now that have a goals against of 3 and yet they are still playing really good. Brodeur is the best goalie in the NHL, period.

I can't envision a universe where Marty Brodeur would be backing up Manny Legace.

On the same note, I don't see them trading to get Manny as a backup either. Unless it is to light a fire under Marty's arse as the backup would be playing better than the starter. Then again, Manny hasn't had the chance to see what he can do on a team like the Devils have so maybe his stats would become worse than Brodeurs. Its hard to say because the Wings are good at padding players stats.

I was pretty much making the orignal statement as that would be pretty much the only reason the Devils would be after Manny, to replace Brodeur. Since I don't see that actually happening either, I don't think Manny will be a Devil any time soon.

I honestly don't see Manny going anywhere. Ozzie and Manny will be the 1 and 2 and Howard will be back in the AHL to get regular work.

I don't even think that the Devils want Legace. I believe they the believe that Clemmensen is THEIR future. If I'm not also mistaken, I believe that they have one or two good goaltenders in their system down in the minors. Marty's been crapping it up, no doubt. I just don't see New Jersey trading for any goalies any time soon. If haven't really heard any Legace trade rumors outside of this cite, so we'll all have to see if anything happens day by day.