• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 jellytoast

jellytoast

To the one true god above here is my prayer

• Pip
  • 170 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:43 PM

They are super pissed at marty in new jersey. Let's get him on the wings! What do you think?

#2 bcroz

bcroz

3rd Line Checker

• PipPip
  • 455 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:45 PM

Think this belongs in the "If LGW owned the Franchise" thread. Which if comes true is irrelevent, because by the end of the season "All your players are belong to us".

#3 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

Kate: Jr. Wing Nut

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:54 PM

Howard will be in the Winged Wheel permanently soon enough. Broduer starting to age.
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#4 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:56 PM

There is a reason Jersey is getting pissy with Marty and it would be the same reason the Wings would get pissy with Marty... The New NHL is not working out for him. Not to mention we don't need him as a backup and his performance this year doesn necessitate a starting role if Ozzie stats don't make him a starter this season. I am not complaining (this time wink.gif ) just merely pointing out that performance wise Ozzie and Brodeur are pretty much equal so far this season.

Edited by OsGOD, 08 December 2005 - 02:57 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#5 theman19

theman19

#40 Mobile suit Zeta, the new red comet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,831 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:58 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ December 8, 2005 - 02:56PM)
There is a reason Jersey is getting pissy with Marty and it would be the same reason the Wings would get pissy with Marty... The New NHL is not working out for him.

gee that may be what happens when you have a sub-par defence instead of stanley cup winning d your entire career. I only wish Roy would have stayed around long enough to see this happen.

#6 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 01:59 PM

QUOTE (theman19 @ December 8, 2005 - 02:58PM)
gee that may be what happens when you have a sub-par defence instead of stanley cup winning d your entire career. I only wish Roy would have stayed around long enough to see this happen.

Not to mention NHL regulation on size of Pads and Jerseys. The only thing going for goalies is pure Girth and Height now.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#7 DaKineMaui

DaKineMaui

Alii Nui

• Gold Booster
  • 2,620 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:08 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ December 8, 2005 - 09:59AM)
The only thing going for goalies is pure Girth and Height now.

On that note - I pick up a LOT of west coast games here - so I get a good look at this LaBarbera from LA. He's listed as 6'2". Anyone know if that's for real? When he stands up he looks 10 feet tall.
aloha
P.S. We're keeping Pavel.

#8 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:41 PM

Agreed, I think it would be a huge mistake, given the age difference. Pavel can be with us longer.........Hopefully!
It's amazing how much clarity comes when you care more about the Red Wings than any individual player.

"They are the best team in the world. They are a team that can just take over when they want to," Chicago's Patrick Kane said (of the Detroit Red Wings).

#9 BringDMacBack

BringDMacBack

Norris Nick Osgood Slappy if your not your banned too,

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:43 PM

Stange last week it was Havlat. I wonder when Brouder gets an injury. Every time there is talk about trading Dats the other side of the trade gets injured.

#10 grigsfan

grigsfan

Can you hear me now?

• PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:44 PM

Spelling > You

Datsyuk, Brodeur. thumbup.gif

#11 sergei_is_still_a_wing

sergei_is_still_a_wing

Alyssa = Wings Fan.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 877 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:44 PM

age aside...

he let in 3 easy goals on 4 shots against the flames last night and looked un interested. plus dats is a franchise guy. and you don't trade franchise guys (hence the reason sakic will always be an av)

howard IS the future anyways...

#12 vadim

vadim

The greatest professional athlete ever

• Gold Booster
  • 2,325 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 8, 2005 - 04:43PM)
Stange last week it was Havlat. I wonder when Brouder gets an injury. Every time there is talk about trading Dats the other side of the trade gets injured.

Hope these work, then:

Datsyuk for Sullivan
Datsyuk for Kariya
Datsyuk for anyone else good in Nashville
Datsyuk for Kiprussof
Datsyuk for Iginla...

Let's hope and pray now... wink.gif

#13 Wings_Rule_1010

Wings_Rule_1010

LGRW!!!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,489 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 02:51 PM

QUOTE (bcroz @ December 8, 2005 - 02:45PM)
Think this belongs in the "If LGW owned the Franchise" thread. Which if comes true is irrelevent, because by the end of the season "All your players are belong to us".

LOL laugh.gif
Go Blue!!!

#14 Matt

Matt

D<[[[| x11

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,081 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:02 PM

caution.gif

#15 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:08 PM

QUOTE (sergei_is_still_a_wing @ December 8, 2005 - 03:44PM)
age aside...

he let in 3 easy goals on 4 shots against the flames last night and looked un interested. plus dats is a franchise guy. and you don't trade franchise guys (hence the reason sakic will always be an av)

howard IS the future anyways...

Let's hope Datsyuk turns out to be a franchise player! His contract is up at the end of next season, and if he keeps it up he'll want a lot more than $3.9 million.

#16 BringDMacBack

BringDMacBack

Norris Nick Osgood Slappy if your not your banned too,

• PipPip
  • 249 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:20 PM

This is actually a great idea. If we could clone Datsyuk. and then trade the clones away for. Broduer,Staal,Crosby,Ovechkin,Havlat,Heatley,Bertuzzi, some blue line thugs, Luongo, gritty power forwards and still keep Dats around that would solve all the problems the Wings have. Hell they have the money to clone him. Lets get this done. I'll head over to Spectors and start a rumor that the Wings plan on cloning Datsyuk and trading the clones all around the leauge thumbup.gif

#17 NeverForgetMac25

NeverForgetMac25

• Gold Booster Mod
  • 18,184 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

QUOTE (BringDMacBack @ December 8, 2005 - 04:20PM)
This is actually a great idea. If we could clone Datsyuk. and then trade the clones away for. Broduer,Staal,Crosby,Ovechkin,Havlat,Heatley,Bertuzzi, some blue line thugs, Luongo, gritty power forwards and still keep Dats around that would solve all the problems the Wings have. Hell they have the money to clone him. Lets get this done. I'll head over to Spectors and start a rumor that the Wings plan on cloning Datsyuk and trading the clones all around the leauge thumbup.gif

Matt, now you can officialy put this caution.gif in the thread.

#18 WickedColdClown

WickedColdClown

The Captain

• PipPip
  • 449 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:24 PM

I've never heard of those guys. Are they new?

#19 redwings1914

redwings1914

Wingin' It since '90

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,427 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:36 PM

No thanks.
It is not a sprint, yet a marathon.

#20 WhiteLightning91

WhiteLightning91

Feed the Mule!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,467 posts

Posted 08 December 2005 - 03:57 PM

This thread is getting about as redundant as "Datsyuk Sucks" from august.

GMRwings1983: "Hudler has been stellar"