• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
ufcredwingfan

If we're gonna trade Legace then...

Rate this topic

Witt isn't worth that. Not by a long shot.

peace

No, he isn't...but that'll probably be the market for him. Think of it like this...with Filippula coming into his own (Babcock seems to favor him), Legace all but gone, and Meech more than likely never going to be a regular Red Wing, why not?

Witt isn't worth that.  Not by a long shot.

peace

No, he isn't...but that'll probably be the market for him. Think of it like this...with Filippula coming into his own (Babcock seems to favor him), Legace all but gone, and Meech more than likely never going to be a regular Red Wing, why not?

Because he's not worth it. Why waste these guys (Legace and Hudler mainly) on Witt?

peace

peace

Because he's not worth it. Why waste these guys (Legace and Hudler mainly) on Witt?

peace

Those guys are expendible, who do you propose we trade for?

Those guys are expendible, who do you propose we trade for?

I don't know. I just feel we could get a lot more than a rental of Witt out of Hudler and Legace. I know you don't like him but Hudler has HUGE potential and boatloads of skill. Legace not so much. I'd move him alone if it would get the deal done (provided the Caps want to move Kolzig though that is sounding less and less likely). Salei maybe? Burke seems hell bent on giving away players.

peace

trade manny? i dont think howard can be a starter yet. and its obvious hes our only other real long term option. or wait theres ozzie. so, its obvious howard is or only other real long term option still.

our only other long term option?

You mean as opposed to Liv, right?

Because Osgood and Legace are the same age...and Legace will likely retire first too.

I don't know. I just feel we could get a lot more than a rental of Witt out of Hudler and Legace. I know you don't like him but Hudler has HUGE potential and boatloads of skill. Legace not so much. I'd move him alone if it would get the deal done (provided the Caps want to move Kolzig though that is sounding less and less likely). Salei maybe? Burke seems hell bent on giving away players.

peace

salei is who i'd get, but that's just my 2 cents.

peace

Hudler alone could bring in better than Witt somewhere else.

Defensemen I would want in a Legace trade (some would likely require some sort of peripheral player, perhaps Meech, others could be done straight or even with Legace for dman-plus) and teams that I think could POTENTIALLY be interested;

Legace to LA: Norstrom.

Legace to Vancouver: Ohlund or Jovanovski

Legace to Anaheim: Salei

Legace to Pittsburgh: Umm...pass?

Legace to Edmonton: Jason Smith

Legace to Florida (assuming Luongo is dealt): Lukas Krajicek

Legace to St. Louis: Eric Brewer or Barrett Jackman

Legace to Toronto: Tomas Kaberle

Legace to Washington: Witt

Some of those are obviously not going to happen, such as Ohlund/Jovo/Jackman/Kaberle. The others I would be more than pleased to have.

Defensemen I would want in a Legace trade (some would likely require some sort of peripheral player, perhaps Meech, others could be done straight or even with Legace for dman-plus) and teams that I think could POTENTIALLY be interested;

Legace to LA: Norstrom.

Legace to Vancouver: Ohlund or Jovanovski

Legace to Anaheim: Salei

Legace to Pittsburgh: Umm...pass?

Legace to Edmonton: Jason Smith

Legace to St. Louis: Eric Brewer or Barrett Jackman

Legace to Washington: Witt

Some of those are obviously not going to happen, such as Ohlund/Jovo/Jackman/Kaberle. The others I would be more than pleased to have.

I'd absolutely love to see any of those D-men, minus Krajicek. Ohlund, Jovo, Brewer, and Witt are the ones who make me do somersaults, though.

Word,

LDi03

No way in hell should the Wings trade Hudler. He's the future. Definitely don't agree with it. Like NN said he's full of skill.

Where's Hudler going to play? You have Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Filipula, Grigorenko, Lang....so who do you get rid of to make room? He's never going to get a long look here, he's too inconsistent and he's small. There's too many prospects here and not enough ice time or money to go around. Trade him while his value is high, he is NOT the future

Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Filipula, Grigorenko, Lang....

One of these things is not like the others...

One of these things just doesn't belong...

One of these things is not like the others...

Can you figure it out before I finish this song?

peace

All are centers except Grigorenko, but all are under contract (except Grigorenko, who will cost a lot to bring over) and there's not enough ice time to go around. Again, I ask you, what do you do? Play Hudler on the 3rd line as a winger? Filipula will be here next season, he's not long for Grand Rapids....and let's move Hudler to the grind line dry.gif again, not enough ice time available for a guy like Hudler, why not explore a trade?

Edited by Barnes52

All are centers except Grigorenko, but all are under contract (except Grigorenko, who will cost a lot to bring over) and there's not enough ice time to go around. Again, I ask you, what do you do? Play Hudler on the 3rd line as a winger? Filipula will be here next season, he's not long for Grand Rapids....and let's move Hudler to the grind line dry.gif again, not enough ice time available for a guy like Hudler, why not explore a trade?

I was thinking more along the lines of the guy that's deep into his 30's when you rattled off that list in reply to Hudler being part of the Future of the Wings. Trading Hudler now could be just as disasterous as trading Datsyuk in '00 for a depth defenseman could have been. He has the same potential (if not more) and is actually better than Pavel was at that stage of hockey development. Plus Jiri is still a year and a half/two years younger than Pavel was before he ever stepped foot in the league. Datsyuk was skinny, weak, and slow when he first cracked the lineup. He had vision and passing to his credit and he slowly made it work and is still developing. Why not give Hudler that same chance? He can stay in GR for another year if need be.

Grigorenko won't cost more than $850K + potential bonuses as the entry level contract is capped.

And if we have all these offensive minded guys, why not make the 3rd line another scoring line like back in the Bowman '02 Cup era? Except this go round they will be young up and comers instead of fading HOFers. wink.gif

peace

I was thinking more along the lines of the guy that's deep into his 30's when you rattled off that list in reply to Hudler being part of the Future of the Wings.  Trading Hudler now could be just as disasterous as trading Datsyuk in '00 for a depth defenseman could have been.  He has the same potential (if not more) and is actually better than Pavel was at that stage of hockey development.  Plus Jiri is still a year and a half/two years younger than Pavel was before he ever stepped foot in the league.  Datsyuk was skinny, weak, and slow when he first cracked the lineup.  He had vision and passing to his credit and he slowly made it work and is still developing.  Why not give Hudler that same chance?  He can stay in GR for another year if need be.

Grigorenko won't cost more than $850K + potential bonuses as the entry level contract is capped.

And if we have all these offensive minded guys, why not make the 3rd line another scoring line like back in the Bowman '02 Cup era?  Except this go round they will be young up and comers instead of fading HOFers. wink.gif

peace

But my point was Lang was signed for the next few years, and unless he gets traded, he ain't going anywhere. I hear your points, and they're obviously legit, but I think that if he can fetch us something now that we need, given all the prospects that are as talented, he needs top 2 ice time and he won't get it here. He's shown he is great in the AHL, but that's with big linemates, he has yet to show he can be effective in the NHL for a sustainable period.

Edited by Barnes52

But my point was Lang was signed for the next few years, and unless he gets traded, he ain't going anywhere. I hear your points, and they're obviously legit, but I think that if he can fetch us something now that we need, given all the prospects that are as talented, he needs top 2 ice time and he won't get it here. He's shown he is great in the AHL, but that's with big linemates, he has yet to show he can be effective in the NHL for a sustainable period.

I think he's only signed for one more year after this one, no? I'd trade Lang for a decent defenseman, and with the showing Hank has had at center that might not be too far fetched.

Jiri also hasn't really had a chance to show anything in the NHL. Lewis didn't give him a real shot (plus he was 19 and it showed at the time). I'd also prefer it if Babcock wouldn't have completely shut down the bottom three forwards and bottom 2 defensemen in the last game. Not to mention that until he does show something in the NHL we'll never get full value out of him in a trade. He has a ton of potential but it's also risky potential. I'd rather find out with him in our system than someone elses especially since he's done everything that's been asked of him and performed well.

peace

peace

Hudler alone could bring in better than Witt somewhere else.

LOL.. Ya.. Maybe trade him for Phaneuf.. that is if Calgary throws in a second rounder in 2006 laugh.gif

By the way, Eklund still insisting on his chat boards that Detroit is trying to deal Legace

Yup. For Brodeur! Hahahaahahahahaha.

and they are trying to move him I have been told...I wouldn't be too surprised if they went after Brodeaur...
Edited by ARice89

Yup. For Brodeur! Hahahaahahahahaha.

and they are trying to move him I have been told...I wouldn't be too surprised if they went after Brodeaur...

i seriously think eklund is some guy, just like us. Who one day got extremely lucky and tricked some leafs fans into thinking he's hockey's biggest insider.

Don't you guys have enough of those types of defenseman? Besides, he is still young and is Florida's most offensive defenseman.

Legace to St. Louis: Brewer or Jackman

I know the Blues are struggling mightily, but why would they trade all they have on the blue line (yes, it's sad) for a goalie that is aging and to their (arguably) biggest rival?

He's Andreas Lilja with more offense. laugh.gif

Edited by Magus Relmyn

Don't you guys have enough of those types of defenseman? Besides, he is still young and is Florida's most offensive defenseman.

I know the Blues are struggling mightily, but why would they trade all they have on the blue line (yes, it's sad) for a goalie that is aging and to their (arguably) biggest rival?

He's Andreas Lilja with more offense. laugh.gif

Krajicek is also big and strong, and as you said he's young and offensively talented. Lidstrom and Schneider are both nearing the end of their careers, after that we'll have Kronwall and Kindl as our top two offensive defensemen with Fischer possibly done.

Krajicek would be a needed offensive boost.

The Blues have not had a good goaltender since they decided not to resign Osgood. If they could get Legace, perhaps Lilja and a guy still on the young side with some skill up front, they sure might part with Brewer or Jackman.

Kaberle is a very good offensive defenseman, and he's solid defensively. He's not terribly physical, but he's a great skater. Lilja is poor defensively, WORSE offensively, is not physical, and does not skate well. The only thing they have in common is that both are not terribly physical defensemen. Which is far more forgivable in Kaberle's case due to his other strengths.

Whoever proposed that Legace-Bert trade needs to be slapped.

Without Legace, our goaltending is crap-all. Sure, we'd have a wicked offense, but our D is struggling as it is, and with crap for goalies, we'd be in WAY over our heads. Terrible Idea.

The Blues have not had a good goaltender since they decided not to resign Osgood. If they could get Legace, perhaps Lilja and a guy still on the young side with some skill up front, they sure might part with Brewer or Jackman.

I wouldn't trade Legace, but to get Jackman, we'd dominate the league. Jackman played for my hometown Pats in the Dubya, and wow, was he amazing. Heck, he still is amaizing. I wouldn't put Legace in the mix, but if we were to get Jackman, I'd be extremly happy.